It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Winter Blues

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Thought I would pop on and try and contribute.
I am a Clinical Aromatherapist and Reflexologist, and this month I was invited along with 5 other professionals in their preferred field to make 40-60 minute live webinars on the subject of Winter Blues.
I thought you might like to have a look at one or two of the videos which are available until the 30th January for anyone to view.
These were done by a International Professional Association and have Naturopath, Herbalist, medical dr, Yoga & Meditation expert, EFT and myself talking about specific essential oils and blends which are not just appropriate for winter Blues, but any time when you are on a downer.

Webinars

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I'm intolerant to many fragrances because I have what appears to be a Balsam of Peru allergy. Many fragrances contain chemistry similar to what triggers the balsam intolerance. The Balsam of Peru allergy has many different chemistries included in it, I have an intolerance to about three of those classes, maybe even more. That allergy is common for some ancestral groups.

The winter blues can come from a calcitriol deficiency which leads to not enough calcium being absorbed. Vitamin D in veggies needs the sun, then the liver makes it into calcidiol, then the liver makes it into calcitriol which is the active hormone like chemical that tells us to uptake calcium for energy. Potatoes and some nightshades have calcitriol in them in small amounts, it is highly active in the calcitriol form so eating potatoes a couple of times a week can help with the blues. Too much potatoes can cause calcification of soft tissues if excessively being consumed for a long time. Calcitirol also can help to deter some sorts of dementia including alzheimer disease.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

So pleased to see you pop on here with your information. I always find your health and wellness knowledge interesting.
Now I also know why I love baked potatoes!
Hope you have had time to watch one or two of the videos.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

I watched the one on nutrition. I did not need to watch the Yoga one, my daughter is actually a certified Yoga instructor, she went to India to study with a very good school back about ten years ago. I do know lot about yoga, but can't bend like needed for some yogas. My daughter inherited my structure, she cannot bend that way either but still knows how to instruct people to bend that way.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   

That one is more about meditation and mindfulness Ricky.
I personally never got on with yoga.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   

I've noticed that threads that actually can help people do not get much attention, especially health related ones. They are just not controvercial enough unless you say something about vaccines or something that is being twisted. I guess the truth takes a back seat to deception.

I didn't have to watch the Yoga and meditation ones, I researched the hell out of that. Even though the one I watched dealt with things I have researched broadly, I found the guys interpretation of things interesting. I had not thought of what I know in that sort of style. One of his statements he made I had tried to research but could not find any research that would substantuate my conclusion of the evidence which actually matched his conclusion.

I wonder if he actually viewed the application evidence or just arrived at the conclusion as I did, from combining a lot of research evidence. I think it is true, but have made conclusions before that when worded correctly in a search found research that showed something opposite of what I concluded. I had originally concluded that bromelain would be bad for COPD by evidence of it's action when in fact the proteinase bromelain breaks down an enzyme responsible for COPD damage. I was led astray for a while by my belief in something based on the knowledge I held. I learned from that years ago that I need to verify conclusions I make. Half of the conclusions and interpretations out there in science are not correct. Some of the ayurvedic and Chinese medicinal ways are much more accurate than the foer profit medicine created here by Pharma companies. I am always trying to hack Pharma chemistry and comparing it to natural medicines and food chemistry.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Love it! Shame we are the only two occupying the room as you say

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 08:44 PM
link   

I haven't watched the videos yet, but thank you for sharing them.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Pillywiggin

You are very welcome, and I hope some prove useful to you
Rainbows
Jane

new topics

top topics

join