It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When did you decide you'd be attracted to the opposite sex??

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
I am attracted to all 42,000 genders.

I did not know there were so many degrees of tranny type people but it I guess it's possible based on genitalia.

edit on 21-1-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I did not know there were so many degrees of tranny type people but it I guess it's possible based on genitalia.

Where you been man?

Gender fluid is ancient, you can be multiple anything multiple times a day.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

When I was four years old and my little next door neighbor called me a red hot mama.

I wish I were kidding!

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
I remember stealing dad's Playboys at 7-8.

SG,..I think it's different for everyone.

My sister came back from Sarah Lawrence College and announced to the family she was Gay...then moved in with her GF.
Nobody was upset about it...in fact, everyone wished them well.

A year later, she met a nice guy and was married.

Could very well be the case IAMTAT.... I don't necessarily dismiss this could be some sort of short term thing. With that she's always kinda indicated she swung that way it subtle ways over the years. I don't know... I just don't appreciate this judgement being passed onto her and from my dad of all people.
edit on 21-1-2019 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Good grief.... I think another Bud is in order.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   

When did you decide you would only be attracted to the opposite sex?

I didn't decide. I just always have been and assume that I always will be.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Also have you talked to her about this?

Maybe she didn't wait till she was 30. Maybe she only waited till she was 30 to tell the family.

It's hard to believe she didn't experiment with other girls during her life before moving in with one.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Southern guardian is right.

I have no problem with people's lifestyle decisions, but can see that he is at least coming from a place that sounds like "legitimate" concerns in his eyes, and looking after for her long term well being. We all see things different.

It did sound like your dad was legitimately worried about her happiness. You and I understand that this is making her happy. But your father might never understand. And that's ok. So long as what he wants is for her to be happy.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

originally posted by: IAMTAT
I remember stealing dad's Playboys at 7-8.

SG,..I think it's different for everyone.

My sister came back from Sarah Lawrence College and announced to the family she was Gay...then moved in with her GF.
Nobody was upset about it...in fact, everyone wished them well.

A year later, she met a nice guy and was married.

Could very well be the case IAMTAT.... I don't necessarily dismiss this could be some sort of short term thing. With that she's always kinda indicated she swung that way it subtle ways over the years. I don't know... I just don't appreciate this judgement being passed onto her and from my dad of all people.

Think about cutting (your uncle, at least) some slack.
As a father, while all my kids seem to have consistently had heterosexual relationships, if one f them came out as Gay I wouldn't berate them because I hold some conservative political positions...I would support them and love them as I always have.

I would, however, be personally disappointed that it may mean I might not see grandchildren from them..something that I, as a typical parent, look forward to.

edit on 21-1-2019 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Well as a wee kid ( I am a male) I didn't know what sex was or what any of it meant. I didn't have any preferences as I didn't even know what that was either. Would shower in nude with friends who were male, sometimes with little my little sisters, hung around with guys and no women, made sex jokes, etc. Sex or attraction didn't exist. Everyone also joked around the whole boyfriend/girlfriend thing but I didn't really understand because I was...well...a normal kid.

Then eventually as I grew older I started to become attracted towards women. Around age 7 I had my first wet dream with women, and that had caused a mass amount of perversion in me that, although at 21 is controllable, still influences me to this day.
edit on 21-1-2019 by Kuroodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Point taken IAMTAT. We may butt heads on the political floor but it's refreshing to see agreement and on this personal matter. I can completely understand that view. When you have kids, it's different?

edit on 21-1-2019 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   

a reply to: IAMTAT

Point taken IAMTAT. We may butt heads on the political floor but it's refreshing to see agreement and on this personal matter. I can completely understand that view. When you have kids, it's different?

Having kids changes one's perspective on many things.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   
There is one thing I believe needs to be understood when it comes to people 'coming out" as gay.

Most people, even in today world take years to accept and come in terms with the fact that they are gay, or in other words different from their friends, different from their family and from most people. When they finally come out is after a long and very often painful process, and after the realization that there is no other choice for them.

And then, just like that they expect family and friends to accept this fact in a blink of the eye and to be cool with it. I mean wouldn't be fair to give them the same amount of time and consideration before expecting them to be happy for you? Especially family may have a hard time accepting a gay member and it should be understandable. How difficult must be to understand a problem when you have no first hand experience of it and can't believe it could not be avoided.

I suggest to let your father be, and he will come in terms with the facts in its own time. I don't believe is a matter of logic but more of feelings, and if the family ties are strong enough he will find a way to compromise. Or maybe not, and that should be ok too. Some things are too deep ingrained to change them, especially after a certain age.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   

When did you decide you would only be attracted to the opposite sex?

When I saw breasts. I was too young to remember, honestly. That's one issue I have with the argument about whether it is a choice or not. Most kids experience seeing something that turns their head at such a young age, they wouldn't remember it anyway... thus we get the "I've always been..." position, because it honestly is how you've been as long as you can remember.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

My first memory of the boyfriend and girlfriend thing was when I was about ten years old. He liked me. I wasn't interested, but the adults thought it was so cute. He died in a swimming accident when we were around twelve. He was a great swimmer but the boy he tried to save took him down with him.

When I was in University there were a couple of girls that were openly lesbians. I didn't have anything against them, but will admit that I didn't understand it and thought they were just trying to come off as worldly and avant-garde.

Back then I don't remember anyone making a big fuss about it. You were gay or you weren't. I am sure there were incidents that I never heard about, but it was nothing like it is today. It really does seem like we are going backwards.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61
a reply to: network dude

I loved watching Loni but Farrah sealed the deal for me.

I had that poster on my bedroom wall, alongside Requal Welch in the fur bikini. My first serious crush, I was 11, she 12, there was kissing. It was all down hill for me. I don’t think I have a single gay cell in my body. I do have a serious weakness for the ladies.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I remember the first time I was captivated by a woman. I was only 4 or so, but when I was lined up waiting to leave school, outside I would see a lady who was just so beautiful to me I couldn't stop staring at her. She was a mother of another child, and although it was nothing sexual, I just for the life of me couldn't take my eyes off her to the point that she'd smile at me and gently nod towards me if she saw me.

She's not with us any more, but I'll never forget her face or gentle nature.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   
A lot of conservatives don't know how to listen to someone else's perspective, and they don't know how to understand that there are different ways of living than their own. Hell, they don't even understand that their way of living is LESS MORAL because of how badly they treat their fellow human beings. Yet they pretend to be Christians.

If you are a Christian and want to be straight, that's perfectly fine! Just don't harass other people who want to live differently than you.

Now, your dad's views that your cousin will not be able to raise a family or support herself are false. This is because he fails to understand that there are other ways of living than his own. Yes, it is possible for a woman to have a career these days. Hell, both women in the relationship could even be breadwinners. Yes, it is legal for them to adopt a child. The only people who try to stop people like your cousin from having a family are, ironically, people like your dad, who are the ones worried that she couldn't support herself and have a family.

I hope all conservatives and Christians aren't like your dad. It just seems like it these days.

I remember being attracted to girls from the beginning. I have early memories from when I was 4 or something. I'm sure lesbians have been attracted to girls for just as long.
edit on 21pmMon, 21 Jan 2019 17:49:18 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

It does seem like we are going backward. I was raised Christian, and I never remember anyone hating gays growing up.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   
How do I know if my computer is a Girl?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join