It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 10 Worst, Most Embarrassing U.S. Media Failures on the Trump/Russia Story

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Fact checking, whether it be the media or the president isn't the same as punishment.

a reply to: highvein

I'm just calling the double standard and misplaced outrage.

I never called for punishment.

I call out all sides.

Kind of like the right wants to punish the media and the left wants to punish Trump before Mueller finishes.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 09:06 PM
link   

But you responded to by query to a poster who did. Was that deflection?

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   

But you responded to by query to a poster who did. Was that deflection?

Clarification.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 09:37 PM
link   

I'm not sure that your clarification, that you yourself do not support punishing the media when they mislead the public, overrides those that do. Those that ignore, deflect or make excuses for Trump and his administration's culpability in misleading the public, aren't the best vehicles for this kind of criticism.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

a reply to: network dude

So, Trump and the White House can mislead the public with impunity, but if the media does it, they should be punished. Gotcha!

So you want the media to mislead the public. Gotcha!

You did not read the OP did you ?
Again..

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 10:00 PM
link   

I'm not sure that your clarification, that you yourself do not support punishing the media when they mislead the public, overrides those that do. Those that ignore, deflect or make excuses for Trump and his administration's culpability in misleading the public, aren't the best vehicles for this kind of criticism.

Well it's my thread, and to be honest the only deflection was when you tried to turn this into a Trump lies thread.

There hasn't been a president alive that doesn't lie, that doesn't justify it, but that's what journalists are for, to investigate and expose it.

This thread is about them losing our trust by exploiting people's emotion for $$$$.

I did my best to make the OP as unbiased as possible, I didn't exonerate Trump, I used a journalists list to show people we need to fact check the fact checkers.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Well it's my thread, and to be honest the only deflection was when you tried to turn this into a Trump lies thread.

Just trying to interject a little fair and balanced conversation. To be fair, although you target the media, the subject is the investigation(s) into Trump and his campaign. There are a whole lot more than 10 lies that Trump has told the American people about the investigation(s), and way more than 10 lies that Rudy Giuliani has used to deliberately and proudly mislead the American people.

There hasn't been a president alive that doesn't lie, that doesn't justify it, but that's what journalists are for, to investigate and expose it.

There it is again, deflection, double standards and misplaced outrage.

This thread is about them losing our trust by exploiting people's emotion for $$$$.

That's exactly what Trump is doing. Today, his price is $5.7 billion dollars.

did my best to make the OP as unbiased as possible, I didn't exonerate Trump, I used a journalists list to show people we need to fact check the fact checkers.

Is it? Seems to me that there are a lot of people that don't care about facts when presented, and cleverly try to explain them away.

edit on 20-1-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Just trying to interject a little fair and balanced conversation.
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Funny, because people didn't have to get past OP or the clarification.

But since we're here.... Trumps an ass, there has not been a president in my lifetime who wasn't an ass and didn't lie. Again, not justification, that's why we need Journalists we can trust.

There it is again, deflection, double standards and misplaced outrage.

Double standard? You're cherry picking my threads/posts. This one happens to be about the media, all of the offenders are corporate, imagine that.

That's exactly what Trump is doing. Today, his price is $5.7 billion dollars.

Everyone eyeing 2020 is holding the country hostage, him included. It's posturing, my fingers don't point one way.

Is it? Seems to me that there are a lot of people that don't care about facts when presented, and cleverly try to explain them away.

I know this may sound odd, but when people have a political dog in the fight, they see things their way.

I don't (right now) , and even when I do, I'll call bs even for those I don't agree with. I've defended Trump against bs, I've defended AOC against substancless attacks on this board, Obama against the birther bs, I don't think I've ever defended Bush Jr. because he claims to be from Texas so he's dead to me for bringing unneeded shame.
edit on 20-1-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-1-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I'm just calling out the double standard and misplaced outrage.

Misplaced outrage? MSM is deliberately spreading fake news. Their job is to report news without bias. Politicians are biased toward their party. Comparing the two is being disingenuous.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: highvein

a reply to: network dude

So, Trump and the White House can mislead the public with impunity, but if the media does it, they should be punished. Gotcha!

So you want the media to mislead the public. Gotcha!

You did not read the OP did you ?
Again..

So you did not read who I responded to?
Again..

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 01:47 AM
link   

a reply to: ntech

Say perhaps NBC having to do a prime time apology for misleading the public and then a week of having to broadcast an empty news desk with a card posted on it citing the reason for the dead air.

Should the President and the White House be held to same standard?

Actually that is the job of the press. To fact check the president. Shame they mostly gave Obama and Hillary free passes. But the press should be held to a high standard of truth and accuracy. Or they are just organs of the Democrat party.
I think you can imagine the organ.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ntech
Seems to me there should be a oversight committee to look at complaints about news organizations if it's verified a news story was false then be able to punish the offenders. Say perhaps NBC having to do a prime time apology for misleading the public and then a week of having to broadcast an empty news desk with a card posted on it citing the reason for the dead air.

And loosening up the libel and slander laws so fake news gets expensive to run.

no no no no no
I totally hate the media and its bias
but ANY government involvement will only make things worse.

eventually the dems will run DC again and they would use this to totally silence any dissenters.
they've been using 'balance' to try to shut down Rush Limbaugh for years
edit on 21-1-2019 by ElGoobero because: add content

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Which is why most of them cannot be called legitimate journalists...
a reply to: watchitburn

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Take a look at the HUGE number of FAKE NEWS LIES from the U.S. Media in President Trump's 1st year in office!

List of MSM Lies in 2017: www.washingtonexaminer.com...

Most of those "Breaking News!" stories captivated liberal media for at least a full day, only to be proven as a LIE, that was started by one...and quickly spread across 92% of U.S. media outlets.

Rather than apologize, the terrorist-owned Mainstream Media simply dream up another Anti-Trump, or Anti-America FAKE NEWS piece to print, or broadcast to the world.

It's time to crack down on these organizations, before someone gets seriously hurt. I'm hoping Attorney General Barr will take action to reel them in.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Rather than apologize, the terrorist-owned Mainstream Media simply dream up another Anti-Trump, or Anti-America FAKE NEWS piece to print, or broadcast to the world.

This isn't new. It's flagrant, and it's been aimed at one person now, but the media lying isn't new.

You know that they've been spreading propaganda for the government for some times, and unless people call out all of it, than it will never change.

It's time to crack down on these organizations, before someone gets seriously hurt. I'm hoping Attorney General Barr will take action to reel them in.

Even if you crack down on the corporate media, we still have the internet. People still spread false stories, and sometimes crazies go out and act on it.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I would like nothing better than see the corrupt biased media get gobsmacked
but on what legal basis? inaccuracy, incompetence and unfair bias are not crimes.
we just have to hope that enough people will wake up and change the channel. a few bankruptcies (market driven) will change some minds up in those ivory towers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join