It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A poor immigrant who came to America

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

He did not have a business head for money that is sure At one point, the royalty payments on his Alternating Current patent were worth the inflation adjusted equivalent to hundreds of millions dollars. By most estimates, Tesla’s royalties were so valuable that he easily should have become the world’s first billionaire and the richest person on the planet, by a long shot.

But he sold them cheap

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Aallanon

Our illegal immigration problem would practically solve itself if we would stop welfare for non residents, that goes for legal and illegal.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

How a country can allow illegals to claim benefits shows that the system is broken and not fit for purpose when it is so easy to claim and get in the first place

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Get off the pot, stonerwilliam!

Plus, please learn english grammar so we can read you. Punctuation is important.

Just saying.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam
Not so long ago one poor immigrant who ventured to Americas shores looking for a better life and he ended up digging ditches for 2 years on $ 2 A DAY
and back then 9 million poured into America for this better life and a further 3 million up to 1943 this poor ditch digger was named Nicola Tesla .

So maybe we should be asking immigrants what they could contribute to a country rather than throw the baby out with the bath water in most cases , It is not like America is full up there are 10 x as many people per square mile in the UK than America and those run down cities with empty areas would soon look new again and why not copy Chinas blueprint and build like hell with all the new legal folk who have the money to come to America .

But they would have to pay taxes for 5 years before they can make a claim for benefits have a clean record of crime and be educated so as not to add to the 45 % of Americans who pay no taxes

The statue of liberty is there for a reason i sometimes quote , America was the land of hope now with his wall talk it will not be long until the words PAPERS PLEASE are said in the streets again like in Germany of WW2

they way you tell this story, he was destitute and came here, only to be forced into ditch digging, due to our country not being smart enough to realize his sill set. It's where the idea for "fake news" comes from. Omitting facts, and telling only part of a story, in order to portray the narrative you wish to put forth. It's dishonest, and beneath you. you are a better guy than that.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Aallanon

went to a liberal indoctrination center (colledge) for free

I'm sure Tesla could actually spell college too.

Would you hire the field slave to insulate the coil?

'I' before 'E', except after 'C'.

Very good.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: CanadianMason

I like my pot
plus i am a dyslexic so things come out back to front in a sentence and i do not do long paragraphs as people hate reading long rambling posts

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

That is not what i meant to portray in the article , only that someone who at one time was a skint immigrant to Americas shores had something to give and became the man who Enlightened the world

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I like my pot
plus i am a dyslexic so things come out back to front in a sentence and i do not do long paragraphs as people hate reading long rambling posts

Ah. No wonder I'm hated around here on ATS, lol!

No offence intended.

I think I will...Ramble On...while you Carry On Wayward Son.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   

None taken it is the Internet

Plus i am a firm believer in speaking my mind
edit on 20/1/2019 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   

None taken it is the Internet

Plus i am a firm believer in speaking my mind

Ain't nuthin' wrong with speakin' your mind, bud...have at 'er!

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   
We skim the cream of the crop off the world in our immigration program. People who should stay in their home country, and make it better, can make it better come here, just like Tesla did. We don't dent the world poor who are at about 5 billion plus and grow 100 million per year. The 15 million illegals here right now cost us 100 billion dollars per year, fill our schools and HRs, overwhelm our social programs...I don't think there are any Tesla's in the bunch... In the 1 million that come here on visas every year there might be a few...

edit on 20-1-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   

One of my relations long ago had a hand in building the statue of Liberty back in the 1880s , I wonder what he would have made of todays world and all this talk of building a wall/fence

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   

One of my relations long ago had a hand in building the statue of Liberty back in the 1880s , I wonder what he would have made of todays world and all this talk of building a wall/fence

You do realize we have more immigrants today than any time in our history. As to the statue of liberty, it was given to us by the French and we treated immigrants like crap to the point of almost slaves, so I would think your ancestor would be extremely happy today compared to then.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Sounds like yet another made-up pathetic BS sob story 😎

Lots of those going around lately 😢

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Sounds like yet another made-up pathetic BS sob story 😎

Lots of those going around lately 😢

Care to illuminate me ! on which part of the Tesla story is BS

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Why not take more immigrants with cash and fix the place up build some new cities and a rail network like the Chinese have done

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I will go out on a limb and conjecture that he might have recommended to Trump that he build some sort of VERY sophisticated ELECTRIC fence.

edit on 20-1-2019 by CanadianMason because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-1-2019 by CanadianMason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   

This thread will make you wonder www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   

a reply to: Lumenari

Granted no country should be over-run with immigrants who are there to leech of a society or cause trouble ,But if they had money and a clean record why not let them in to bring some work and much needed revenue

You know what?

I am sure there are plenty of people just like that in the legal immigrant queue who watch us debate whether or not to grant insta-citizenship to people who just broke all the laws to break in who wonder that too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join