It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feature Film 'Primer' is rubbish

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   
So what's it doing in the top 10 of time travel movies?

I've tried watching it twice to figure out what all the fuss is about and i don't see any fuss.

someone please explain.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Most people don't understand Primer until they've watched it about 4 times.

Spoiler -

You did realize that you were watching the version of himself that already came back and had to kill himself, right?

The big reason it gets rave reviews, aside from how cool that realization is, is the fact that the whole movie was done on a budget of around... $5,000 if I recall. It was very low.

They did a good job, for not being a studio movie.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

My friend recommended it to me, and when I watched it the first time my reaction was the same as yours. In fact, I thought it sucked.

I watched it a couple more times a few years later and really enjoyed it.

Unique story and pretty decent writing for such a low-budget film.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
So what's it doing in the top 10 of time travel movies?

I've tried watching it twice to figure out what all the fuss is about and i don't see any fuss.

someone please explain.

One of the consequences of time travel would be infinite regression.

You go back, change the past, which changes the future, from which you go back, which changes the past, which changes the future, from which you go back... ad infinitum.

Things would go crazier and crazier and you'd have to do something really drastic to break the loops (of course you couldn't ever actually stop it, but it made a good story).

edit on 20/1/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies... I just didn't see anything happening, to me it was more like a Documentary and a boring one at that. Didn't even seem like time-travel film.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   

After reading this thread, I got the movie and watched it once so far. It kind of gave me a headache but I'm going to stick with it. Thanks for this thread. I never even knew this one existed and I watch most of the time travel films that I find.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I wouldn't say it was rubbish. It's very messy and needs multiple viewings. I need to watch it a few more times.
Upstream Colour was bloody fantastic though.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 08:13 AM
link   

I also have watched Primer and came away thinking how dumb i was, heres another little gem of a time travel movie

with what appears to be the full movie also on YT

The scene where Brianne Davis is introcduced....Dam she is hot

top topics

join