It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foot in Mouth Award

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   
The Plain English Campaign has this award almost annually since 1993 and it's super funny.

Rhodri Morgan, the First Minister of Wales, confused interviewer Jeremy Paxman when asked if he would like to be leader of the Welsh Assembly, by responding: "Does a one-legged duck swim in circles?"

The American actor (Richard Gere) was presented with the award for his philosophical comment: "I know who I am. No one else knows who I am. If I was a giraffe and somebody said I was a snake, I'd think 'No, actually I am a giraffe."

(Donald Rumsfeld) For his overuse of the word "know" during a press briefing given as United States Secretary of Defense: "Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns — the ones we don't know we don't know."

The former Italian Prime Minister (Silvio Berlusconi) received the award for comments such as "I am pretty often faithful", when talking about fidelity in 2006, and describing Barack Obama in 2008 as being "Handsome, young and also suntanned".

U.S. Presidential candidate Mitt Romney received the award for making gaffes on the domestic front: "I like being able to fire people who provide services to me"; on the international stage, for example, regarding the London Olympics: "There are a few things that were disconcerting. The stories about the private security firm not having enough people, the supposed strike of the immigration and customs officials – that obviously is not something which is encouraging"; and generally incomprehensible comments such as "I believe in an America where millions of Americans believe in an America that's the America millions of Americans believe in. That's the America I love."

Boris (Johnson) is regularly a contender for the Foot in Mouth Award and this year proved no exception. This, Boris’s second win, was secured by the unsinkable: "Brexit means Brexit and we’re going to make a Titanic success of it."

wiki just goes to show our elite is just as full of # as everybody else here on ATS and in the world

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

What's that saying?

'The older we get, the more we realise that everybody is just winging it'

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Rumsfeld's 2003 comments reminded me of this:

How missile guidance systems work; this is not a joke video--but it is hilariously typical of gubbermintspeak:

www.youtube.com...

new topics

join