It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's Chang e4 moon photos, obvious airbrushing, missing rocks.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Not that I expected much transparency from this mission, but it would be nice if we had some unaltered images to say "this is what the moon actually looks like." The first images are from a YT I found pointing out some already present photoshop residuals in the Chinese press release, BEFORE the mainstream images we've seen lately.

Notice how there are... rocks!

Now let's look at the more recent images

It's basically been landscaped! Maybe they also brought a bulldozer up with them! They left craters in and they can be correlated with ground based imagery so e know they are where they are. It's also possible that the rocky images are the shopped images because they thought the landscape was too boring without them. The original YTuber was also pointing out some cylindrical looking features and repeating shapes in the rocks, so I don't really favor the latter. These do depict the same areas right? If it was two different missions the cratering would be way off.

Ps this is my first ats post so go easy on me if I am missing something

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   
You do know the images are from two completely different probes right?

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The images have indeed been heavily edited to hide quite a bit of stuff. I don't have a link, but I have seen one of these larger images from this mission broken down into it's CYMK color channels, and in the Cyan blue one can be seen large shaded color blocks over entire areas that are a bit larger than just a single pixels, but it all blends in fairly well with the rest of the color information for a nice looking image.

NASA does the same thing but likely devotes better resources and labor on a better product.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Solid post and observation!

While there’s likely some rationale for more rocks in one area than another, inconsistencies are worth noting.

If you invert some of the images with rocks in them there are a few interesting observations that might explain why they want the “rocks” taken out.

Side note: anyone else notice that ever since the Chinese rover made it up there the “trade negotiations” between China and the US have been going better - up to an including China signaling a more collaborative tone?

Fun post - thanks for sharing!

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: EnigmaChaser
Solid post and observation!

While there’s likely some rationale for more rocks in one area than another, inconsistencies are worth noting.

If you invert some of the images with rocks in them there are a few interesting observations that might explain why they want the “rocks” taken out.

Side note: anyone else notice that ever since the Chinese rover made it up there the “trade negotiations” between China and the US have been going better - up to an including China signaling a more collaborative tone?

Fun post - thanks for sharing!

In the classified industrial complex, there is an agreement usually with signed corporate NDA's for many nations space programs including China and other ones, and to benefit from (some) of these advancements, these countries must abide by keeping certain secrets or be punished in significant ways mostly financial, but also including secret but shared technologies and resources.. Revealing evidence of any past ruins on other planetary bodies, or other unknown technologies is strictly forbidden. (Unfortunately for the rest of humanity.)
edit on 20-1-2019 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Two different probes? Do you have names for me? I would like to look into this. a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Yes. Secrecy is huge with these orgs. This is also probably the last time it will be this obvious. It will be interesting to compare them to future images. a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I need to post a MASSIVE facepalm emote here.

You're looking at images from Chang'e 3........within only ONE from Chang'e 4

Both of which landed in different places on the Moon.

So YES the rocks will not look the same.

A little bit of research (say like Google Image search of the images) would have helped people realize that.

But NO! THEY ARE LYING TO US!!!

smh

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful
I need to post a MASSIVE facepalm emote here.

You're looking at images from Chang'e 3........within only ONE from Chang'e 4

Both of which landed in different places on the Moon.

So YES the rocks will not look the same.

A little bit of research (say like Google Image search of the images) would have helped people realize that.

But NO! THEY ARE LYING TO US!!!

smh

Them darned lying commies....

/sarcasm off
edit on 20-1-2019 by Lagomorphe because: Humour

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Swollenamygdala

As noted by eriktheawful above, one is Chang'e-3, which landed in Mare Imbrium in 2013 and Chang'e-4, which landed this month on the lunar far side.i

edit on 20/1/2019 by OneBigMonkeyToo because: corrected the landing location of CE-3

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

In the classified industrial complex, there is an agreement usually with signed corporate NDA's for many nations space programs including China and other ones, and to benefit from (some) of these advancements, these countries must abide by keeping certain secrets or be punished in significant ways mostly financial, but also including secret but shared technologies and resources.. Revealing evidence of any past ruins on other planetary bodies, or other unknown technologies is strictly forbidden. (Unfortunately for the rest of humanity.)

Twaddle.

There is no such agreement because there are no such ruins.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Here, to make sure everyone understands. Take a look at the OP's images, as you can see, most of them are from Chang'e 3:

Which landed on the Moon in the Mare Imbrium (an area of the Moon that faces us).

The last 2 images of the OP are Chang'e 4:

Which landed on the Far Side of the Moon.

So yes, the rocks are going to look different, and not be the same.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   

The images have indeed been heavily edited to hide quite a bit of stuff. I don't have a link, but I have seen one of these larger images from this mission broken down into it's CYMK color channels, and in the Cyan blue one can be seen large shaded color blocks over entire areas that are a bit larger than just a single pixels, but it all blends in fairly well with the rest of the color information for a nice looking image.

NASA does the same thing but likely devotes better resources and labor on a better product.

No they haven't. If you are going to claim there is then you need to post your evidence of it.

I'll give you a head start with a link to all of China's Chang'e-3 imagery, and indeed all their other lunar photographs:

moon.bao.ac.cn...

Plenty for you to go at there.

NASA also does not edit anything out of their images.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: OneBigMonkeyToo

Twaddle.

Not with the way they crash used up probes etc on Mars and the Moon Richard Hoagland had a page explaining this in his book about Mars and they crash them in places oF scientific interest

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   

No they haven't. If you are going to claim there is then you need to post your evidence of it.

I'll give you a head start with a link to all of China's Chang'e-3 imagery, and indeed all their other lunar photographs:

moon.bao.ac.cn...

I disagree. There’s no way NASA or China or the ESA wholesale uploads all images unedited. You can’t watch flipping live TV without a tape delay.

That doesn’t mean there’s some ET artifact in every image. It does mean that if I were TPTB I’d be darned sure what I was putting out is consistent with my narrative. Every one of those images is reviewed in fine detail before being published and if that’s not true then I’m a monkeys uncle.

Said another way, the case that they ARE edited makes a lot more sense than the notion NASA shows is everything as they go about their “purely scientific” missions.

But hey - maybe I’m just a pessimist.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: EnigmaChaser

moon.bao.ac.cn...

I disagree. There’s no way NASA or China or the ESA wholesale uploads all images unedited. You can’t watch flipping live TV without a tape delay.

You can disagree all you like, but the fact is that all of their images are available in raw format for anyone to download and process for themselves.

That doesn’t mean there’s some ET artifact in every image.

There aren't any ET artifacts in any images. None. Not because they have been hidden but because they were never there.

It does mean that if I were TPTB I’d be darned sure what I was putting out is consistent with my narrative. Every one of those images is reviewed in fine detail before being published and if that’s not true then I’m a monkeys uncle.

Then I have met many of your nieces and nephews at various Asian temples.

Said another way, the case that they ARE edited makes a lot more sense than the notion NASA shows is everything as they go about their “purely scientific” missions.

No, it only makes sense if you have the delusion that there is alien life out there hiding in plain sight and the entire world's space agencies and every single astronomer going is somehow involved in hiding it. NASA, or ISRO, or CNSA, or JAXA, or ESA's science missions make perfect sense if they are doing actual science.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam

Twaddle.

Not with the way they crash used up probes etc on Mars and the Moon Richard Hoagland had a page explaining this in his book about Mars and they crash them in places oF scientific interest

Hoagland is a fraud who makes money out of people by pretending his badly scanned and over-processed images show things they patently don't.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Ok. It looks legitimately like two different probe, very odd how both rovers head to a similar sized crater, a similar distance away and start to turn in the same way. It's even stopped where the rotational tracks are, like it's going to rotate again. I guess it went well the first time! My confusion must have come from searching Chang e4, resulting in the first images.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo

What i was referring to was the data and locations where probes have been crashed on Mars and the moon

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

I'm positive they are lying to us thinking they aren't lying to us about something or hiding some kind of truth is actually kind of ridiculous

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join