It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crime pays better than hard work

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   
When I was growing up I heard many times over "crime doesn't pay." And, "if you work hard and play by the rules you will do well." I do not think that is the case nowadays.

I think if you play by the rules you go nowhere. The only way to get some shred of control over your life and personal finances is by NOT playing by the rules. People who cheat get ahead. People who play by the rules suffer with debt.

The common philosophy of criminals is how well you do is a function of your education, experience, and your natural talents. You don't do well just for showing up. You do well by taking full advantage of other people. You use your power to make other people submit to your will. That's what skull and bones is all about, pirating. Do anything and everything within your power to have power over other people. Make the sheeple kneel:

If you are not capable of working any longer because you are old or have some kind of health issue then tough luck. You lose. This is what it means to be an American!

edit on 20-1-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   
What do you mean by 'you will do well' or 'you will go nowhere'? By what means of judgment do you evaluate success? Why couldn't you be responsible and prepare for aging so you will not burden others?

I wonder if there is a hidden cost of gaining material objects by any means necessary?

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

Job security, healthcare security, retirement security, you know, the pursuit of happiness crap. Whatever this is talking about:

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

Whatever the "Blessings of Liberty" means. You know, money.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 08:09 AM
link   
You have a really twisted view of what Being American is all about, but hey your from New Jersey..now I understand why your so angry!!

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Of course it does.

That's why most of those at the top cheated at the very least to get there.

If you want to get rich then the first thing you got to learn is that honest work rarely pays. You need to be smart and you got to take risks.

Pretty much Everyone at the top got there by screwing someone else over or dodging taxes or taking some other short cut.
Thats why you cant find a honest politician or a ethical banker.

The system is rigged. Only way to win in a rigged system is to cheat.

edit on 20-1-2019 by ApacheHelicopetr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I was living on thirty bucks a week, then I found out about a certain bank scam-I was breaking the law, but i had to pay for it but it was worth it to put food in my stomach.

However when multi millionaires do it, with their BMW's and costly apartments, that's not on. I stole to survive, unlike a certain finance company who got a 80 million dollar payout after the GFC and spends some of it on a weekend vacation.
edit on 20-1-2019 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

And that's why your on the breadline and I am not.

I would of taken advantage of the scam for all it was worth.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Wouldn't it be funny if there were consequences for how a person treats others, either good or bad. What do you think, would you rather be honest/moral or wealthy? Could you be both?

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky
What do you mean by 'you will do well' or 'you will go nowhere'? By what means of judgment do you evaluate success? Why couldn't you be responsible and prepare for aging so you will not burden others?

I wonder if there is a hidden cost of gaining material objects by any means necessary?

I don’t think the average person is wise enough to understand your comment

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I know my sentence structure sucks, but it wasn't that unclear was it?

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ApacheHelicopetr

I wasn't as much of of a scam-it more was a loophole.

At 12:47 every sunday night, the banks' computers would go down for five minutes, allowing you to draw money out-even if your account was empty, but it cost you fees.

People need to eat and I don't regret what I did, unlike politicians who take your money so they can get helicopter rides and get extra grated truffles on their imported ricotta pasta salad. Where I come from people can be fined for taking food from supermarket rubbish bins-despite the fact they are still good. That's not robbery in my eyes. 'you didn't pay for it so it's theft, but let us get some reimbursement for our wastage of food."

Those poor conglomerates.
edit on 20-1-2019 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   
take a higher risk job and you get higher pay just like crime

I'd say the lesson is take bigger risks if you want bigger rewards

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky

I know my sentence structure sucks, but it wasn't that unclear was it?

It was perfect, Just people measure happiness by wealth
I know many unhappy wealthy people, crime makes you wealthy, doesn’t mean you will do well.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   
HooHaa!
Your Conclusions are all wrong.

www.youtube.com...

SAVVY?

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   
crime really does pay more than honest work. especially if you are a panhandler, they really rake in the cash. and that is not sarcasm.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I just wonder if happiness is the goal. Are there people out there that are more comfortable with being wealthy and unscrupulous compared to being wealthy and moral? Do they actually take pleasure in the act of screwing over other people, maybe wealth is just a side benefit. Could there be people out there that crave negative karma?

Should we as a society try to regulate morals through taxation and laws? Basically instill justice again at all costs. What is on the opposite side of justice, could it be compassion? Even compassion for the criminal. Can you have compassion for the criminal and still maintain a system of justice? Are justice and compassion the black and white? Will these two sides seek equilibrium with each other at 50/50?

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I am not going to start scamming or lying to people just to get ahead. I cannot sell someone something they do not need just to get a commission or to get a paycheck. I worked in retail for a while, but I did not care for the training I got. I was honest and helpful with customers and wound up selling more than my fellow salesmen, but I spent much more time helping customers so I actually worked harder. Not bad for one year working there, people would look for me since I gave them instructions on how to do things and would go to their homes to help explain how to install things.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

heyzeus, are you trying to tell me there are honest salesmen out there? I wonder if the commission thing in itself causes a lot of dishonesty. Sell at all costs without any consideration to the buyer. For some reason commission in sales seems like a trap. But man Ricky, I salute your tatics. I wish there were more out there like you, especially in sales.

I almost suspect that you didn't get treated very well by coworkers and management with your benevolent acts. I was in telephony support at one time trying to help someone local with their phone system issues. The client was a little bit older so troubleshooting was almost impossible. I went out to their location after work and helped them through an internal wiring issue to get them back up. Well, they sent in a compliment and I got my butt chewed for the whole scenario from by boss. Certainly was a learning experience.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: ApacheHelicopetr

Pretty much Everyone at the top got there by screwing someone else over or dodging taxes or taking some other short cut

Sure there are some that are crooks and cheated, but there are also a lot of people in high places that work 80hr a week, that put work over family and friends. Saying everyone got there by screwing someone or cheating is lazy thinking.

edit on 20-1-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I actually agree I see people in every place I've ever worked get ahead by deceit and manipulation while the hardest working and most honest people get ignored

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join