It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boys in ‘Make America Great Again’ Hats Mob Native Elder at Indigenous Peoples March

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I think for the conversation to be honest we need to recognize it's not the Left doing this, it's the fringe. The Right has it's embarrassments too. Both sides pander to the fringe for those few extra votes they need. The average Democrats and Republicans do not hate each other, nor are they involved.

With social media, again it's a small percentage of people involved.

Having said that I agree. We are headed down a dangerous path here. The fringe has the microphone and dominate the news and social media. The media bears a lot of the blame for giving the fringe what they want, attention.

Where those of us not involved in the hate share the blame is our voyeurism. We just love to slow down and look at the wreck on the side of the road, which equals ratings and viewers, which continues the cycle. The media has no reason to not pander to the fringe of both sides. In fact they have a huge financial incentive to encourage the bad behavior.

What gives me hope are the politicians we never see in the news. Those who are not drawn to the camera's like vultures to a kill when they smell blood. Not only does the cream rise to the top, turds float and get all the attention. I believe we still have some good people in office on both sides. They do not have a voice, just like moderates and rational people do not have a voice on social media.

I agree, we the rational people need to reclaim the microphone. We are the majority but sadly silent far too often or drowned out by the nuts with the bullhorns.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Propagandalf

who was defending racists? I said I wasn't defending the black Nationalists, if you say that saying "go back to Europe" is racists, are you prepared to call out the Trump supports that said "Blood and soil" or go back to your own country, or speak American etc

if you classify that as Racist

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX

who was defending racists? I said I wasn't defending the black Nationalists, if you say that saying "go back to Europe" is racists, are you prepared to call out the Trump supports that said "Blood and soil" or go back to your own country, or speak American etc

Praytell, where in this incident (you know the topic we are discussing right here right now) did anyone chant "Blood and soil"?

See, by bringing up an unrelated past event, you are trying to deflect the conversation away from this event and all of it's proven lies. Lies that fly in the face of many people's perception of "reality".

Don't be that guy.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I am absolutely prepared to do so. I don't reserve standards for some but refuse them for others.

Sorry, I was being a little flippant to your remarks. Frankly I have no problem with any of the groups exercising their freedom of speech. The issue I have is the mischaracterizations by the press.
edit on 22-1-2019 by Propagandalf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: XAnarchistX

It absolutely is beyond reasonable. But kids do stupid stuff all the time, often completely ignorant of what they are doing. I had a kid, on a state standardized test, use the term "numb nuts" when one character in his short story was describing another.

My oldest used the term "half fast", which no one understood (including state graders) until he told us the phrase he was thinking: half assed. Once we explained it to him he was pretty embarassed (he's a hard core rules follower).

My point is: kids do stupid stuff. Im not gonna start a campaign against them for it.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Any trump supporter yelling go back to your country is racist.

You apparently think it is not?

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Boys in MAGA hats...............courtesy of George Soros.

I feel like if these kids were leftists wearing MAGA hats they would have actually done something bad.

If the goal was to make the right look bad the kid should have punched the native dude in the face.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   
The boys were crashing a legal permitted protest and they broke the law. Them and their chaperones should be held accountable.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: neverquit
The boys were crashing a legal permitted protest and they broke the law. Them and their chaperones should be held accountable.

They were waiting for a bus.

Please dont spread more lies, that has hampered this incident enough already.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

It's not hate, it's disgust. The behavior of those boys, regardless if previously they were being taunted by a small group, which was like the black version of the Westborough Baptists.

This school has a history and reputation for their students and facility displaying aggressive bigotry and disrespect. They foster a frat boy culture of intimidation and entitlement that Trump and his followers continually dismiss as "boys being boys".
edit on 22-1-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

(post by neverquit removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   

link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Blaine91555

It's not hate, it's disgust. The behavior of those boys, regardless if previously they were being taunted by a small group, which was like the black version of the Westborough Baptists.

This school has a history and reputation for their students and facility displaying aggressive bigotry and disrespect. They foster a frat boy culture of intimidation and entitlement that Trump and his followers continually dismiss as "boys being boys".

And you foster a culture of thinking these kids and there family deserved to be doxxed, threatened and smeared all based on lies.

Shameful.

link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Going down with the false narrative still?

Are you so tied to the narrative that you can't even give a moments thought to the possibility that perhaps you're being mislead?

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

What false narrative? I have eyes and ears. Those boys behaved deplorably. FULL STOP!

And, according to the history of sudents and faculity members from that school, it's a pattern of Cov Cath students' behavior.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Where to start on this, and lets start with the most basic:

Sticks and stones. It is just words, and unless the constitution has been amended, those 5 men, have every right to stand there and say anything vile, as long as it stays just words.

So they are spouting their hatred, and yes ignore it. As long as you give it attention, they get what they want.

Now if it had only been say 8 to 9 teens there, then it would not have been really news worthy, but that is not the case, the class started to encircle around the group of men.

Individuals are reasonable even making reasonable choices, but when grouped with others, it starts to become a mob.

I blame the chaperones for this mess. They could have just walked away with the class, having them ignore the men and not give them the attention that they wanted. All that school cheer stuff did was simply escalate it where things were getting far more heated. Those students were starting to get more aggressive and emboldened and it would not do if they were to continue on the action that they were, where those men could then claim to feel threatened, and rightly so, by a mob.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

And you foster a culture of thinking these kids and there family deserved to be doxxed, threatened and smeared all based on lies.

Please link the post were I said this.

Believing these boys to have disgraced themselves, their families and their school by their behavior doesn't mean I support them being doxed and their lives threatened. Just because someone sees things differently than you doesn't mean they support everything you find appalling.

Other like minded students should take this as a cautionary example, and mind their own public behavior. Like minded students should not see this as a pass, a Mulligan, a good ole boy slap on the back congratulating these kids for "boys being boys".

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Where to start on this, and lets start with the most basic:

Sticks and stones. It is just words, and unless the constitution has been amended, those 5 men, have every right to stand there and say anything vile, as long as it stays just words.
Other groups have the right to speak, and some of the more extremist members of society often do tend to speak and say vial things.

The KKK, the NeoNazi’s, even the West borough Baptist church, for years have been showing up and spoke vile things to the public and marching, and it is their right.

The winning move here is simply to ignore and let them speak. That is the nature of the First Amendment, to allow for speech and the truest test of that speech is to protect the speech that one does not agree with, even hate speech.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

originally posted by: Grambler

They were waiting for a bus.

Please dont spread more lies, that has hampered this incident enough already.

No they admitted that they asked their chaperone if they could do school chants and such and get involved with the permitted protest. Please do the world a favor and get your head out of trumps ass for a while. You need oxygen.

Can you link that for us?

They did ask to start doing school chants and cheers, but not to get involved with the protest. They were looking for a way to drown out the Black Hebrews.

Of course, leftists desperate to keep the teens in the wrong are apparently spinning things to make them the bad guys.

I wonder if this had been the KKK yelling racial epithets at black private school group and that group decided to sing school chants and Negro spirituals if the poster in question would feel quite the same way about it being a counter protest.

Oh, silly me, it would never be brought up ... the same way the Black Hebrews aren't brought up.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

No the adults spouting racism and defending it marched into the students.

I can not believe this insanity of blaming the kids?

I blame the racists

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join