It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boys in ‘Make America Great Again’ Hats Mob Native Elder at Indigenous Peoples March

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

"Yet all of this is to be ignored, because you think the kids body language is racist?"

All of which is sill debatable, the boy's actions are there to be seen by all.

And i never mentioned racist per-say, if anything its ageist rather than racist.

End of the day, unless that old dude touched him somewhere he would only wish to show us on a doll, he's not got very good manners.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Respect is a two way street.

At least where I am from.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

"Yet all of this is to be ignored, because you think the kids body language is racist?"

And i never mentioned racist per-say, if anything its ageist rather than racist.

End of the day, unless that old dude touched him somewhere he would only wish to show us on a doll, he's not got very good manners.

Not good at manners?

What should he have done?

Meanwhile, nothing to say on the manners of the drummer whose camp yelled racial comments to the kids, who marched inches from a kids face and drummed in it, and who lied about the whole exchange to the media?

Nah, its the kids "manners" that need to be focused on.

I am glad his manners are now getting his family and others doxxed and threatened.

that'll teach him for not having the appropriate manners when people yell racist things at him and get in his face!

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

You guys must be the only ones who wanna see a 2 hour special on a bunch of kids at the wrong march.

It's like watching a train wreck in slow motion and the alleged liar has a perfectly understandable point of view. Do you guys even have a police presence for 'slightly' mismanaged marches or is this stuff supposed to escalate further?

Who else are you referring to? Im an individual, and there are no mice in my pockets.

Everything you say has nothing to do with the fact that the media ran a smear campaign on children to push a political agenda.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   

They were standing around waiting for their bus before they were heckled and confronted by protesters. What kind of good manners would you suggest?

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Propagandalf

The kind where you don't square off with an OAP with a stupid grin on your puss, to be honest.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   
i mean I must have missed it because , boy stands smirking whilst old man drums in close proximity , why the hell is this even news !

# likes this happens on Argyle street all the time

link   

"What should he have done?"

Not what he did, that's a given.

"I am glad his manners are now getting his family and others doxxed and threatened."

Im not, that's way too far and completely inappropriate.

"that'll teach him for not having the appropriate manners when people yell racist things at him and get in his face!"

Wee guys what 14-15? He should already have known better.

Again with the racism?

Im sticking with ageist belligerent bad manners to be honest.

I will say this also through if the old dude was at it for attention or kudos, he should well have known better.

link   

a reply to: Propagandalf

The kind where you don't square off with an OAP with a stupid grin on your puss, to be honest.

Oh good lord.

The guy survived 'Nam and he'll survive a 15 year old's silly faces.

Meanwhile the black israelites in the background could use some serious straightening out. They did a MUCH huger disservice to the natives that day. Also, they're adults so you don't have to look like a puss yourself for going after a child.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadFoot

"Oh good lord."

Well, hopefully, he was not taught to act like that in church.

I hope my own kids never think it's acceptable to act in such a manner towards OAP.

"The guy survived 'Nam and he'll survive a 15 year old's silly faces."

What's the little dudes claim to fame, surviving the old dude's drum beats?

"Meanwhile the black israelites in the background could use some serious straightening out."

Indeed they do.

"They did a MUCH huger disservice to the natives that day. Also, they're adults so you don't have to look like a puss yourself for going after a child."

And when they step towards an old'yin ile be the first to show contempt for there actions also.
edit on 21-1-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

That's also true, but you extend the aged the common courtesy of walking away, even when they are wrong in your eyes to at least some degree, you don't mock them by stepping too.

At least where I'm from.
edit on 21-1-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Please tell me what this kid should have done?

Please tell me what you feel the manners of the old man showed

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   

That's also true, but you extend the aged the common courtesy of walking away, even when they are wrong in your eyes to at least some degree, you don't mock them by stepping too.

At least where I'm from.

Where I am from old people don’t lie to the media to smear kids, get in their face with a drum while your friend yells racist things at them, and then lie about being afraid and trying to escape

Is it different where you come from?

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

At least where I'm from.

Where I am from old people don’t lie to the media to smear kids, get in their face with a drum while your friend yells racist things at them, and then lie about being afraid and trying to escape

Is it different where you come from?

I do believe it is different in the land of BAMN. For all those that dare visit, they are irreparably damaged by mind control and lies. Sort of like how a cult works. And, to justify their position, they are taught to lash out and project their own internal fears and actions upon the other.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

There's more than one "actual" video. Looking at everything in total, mom was wrong.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Well, most of the Indians have Turbans, so there's that i suppose.

"Where I am from old people don’t lie to the media to smear kids, get in their face with a drum while your friend yells racist things at them"

And if that was the case then shame on them also.

"and then lie about being afraid and trying to escape"

How do you know he was lying about being afraid?

"Is it different where you come from?"

I hope not, i hope that in both our respective nations, people know better, but that being said, on no account should you step towards an old Man.

It's just not done, or is it? Do you know im not even sure anymore? LoL

Seems wrong to me, simply wrong.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   
As with most things here, it comes down to mincing words. I don’t see any evidence the “media” ran a smear campaign. And to say the video is edited for a purpose other than time is at best, dishonest. The other hour and 45 minutes doesn’t change one thing. We are the captains of our own destiny and sometimes the only choice we are afforded in a situation is how we react to the stimulus it presents. The kid chose poorly. I don’t care what color his skin is or what hat he’s wearing.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   

He lied because he said the kid was blocking his escape

The video shows that is not true, the man approached the kid

And please show me on the vide where the kid stepped up to the drummer

It was the reverse

Where I come from, we frown on adults yelling racial comments at kids, stepping in their face and chanting, and lying about the kids to the media

We also don’t them spend all of our time critiquing how the kid didn’t bow down or run away or do whatever it is you think he should have done

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
And to say the video is edited for a purpose other than time is at best, dishonest.

The kid looking at the native man is literally the least interesting thing that happened there all day long.

How do you chalk that up to cutting for the sake of "time".

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Update

A fuller and more complicated picture emerged on Sunday of the videotaped encounter between a Native American man and a throng of high school boys wearing “Make America Great Again” gear outside the Lincoln Memorial in Washington.

Interviews and additional video footage suggest that an explosive convergence of race, religion and ideological beliefs — against a national backdrop of political tension — set the stage for the viral moment. Early video excerpts from the encounter obscured the larger context, inflaming outrage.

There were also black men who identified themselves as Hebrew Israelites, preaching their beliefs and shouting racially combative comments at the Native Americans and the students, according to witnesses and video on social media.

It was a provocative image that rocketed across social media, leading many, including the students’ own school, to condemn the boys’ behavior as disrespectful. But on Sunday, Mr. Phillips clarified that it was he who had approached the crowd and that he had intervened because racial tensions — primarily between the white students and the black men — were “coming to a boiling point.”

Fuller Picture Emerges of Viral Video of Native American Man and Catholic Students - New York Times

Activists Hold Native Round Dance In Protest At Trump International Hotel
WASHINGTON, DC - APRIL 27: Native Youth Alliance Executive Director Nathan Phillips of Omaha Tribe in Nebraska beats a drum on the steps in front of the Trump International Hotel during a protest April 27, 2017 in Washington, DC. Organized by The Indigenous Environmental Network, the protesters gathered in front of the hotel that bears the name of U.S. President Donald Trump to rally against the Dakota Access Pipeline, the XL Pipeline and other projects and programs that they say damages the environment. (Photo by Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images)

Getty Images

There are also some questions as to the veracity of his claims to be a Vietnam era veteran:

3:How old is he? Both the 2000 articles on him and the 2019 articles on him give him the same birth year.
Nov. 26, 2000, age 45. 2000 - 45 = 1955.
64 years old, January of 2019. 64 - 2019 = 1955

He claims to have joined when he was 17. This would put him at 1972. (1955 + 17 = 1972).

The problem? The last Marine combat unit left Vietnam on June 25, 1971.

All form the following tweet

Questions need to be asked in light of the events and the impact they have had on our nation.
edit on 21-1-2019 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join