It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've no sympathy for federal laid off workers...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

originally posted by: Assassin82
Your perspective is ignorant and your delivery is shallow. If you want the IRS, EPA, FEMA gone because they’re unnecessary to the viability of our country, that’s fine. But lacking sympathy for hard working American citizens when they aren’t getting paid to do a job that serves you...well, I guess I was raised that if I don’t have anything nice to say I probably shouldn’t say it. I don’t always follow that guidance, but today I will.

[SNIP]

Cool story bro.

edit on 1/20/2019 by eriktheawful because: Edited out removed post

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I'm all for competitive bidding and letting independent contractors take over a lot of government jobs.

The SBA helped me to get my FTIN, a bit of paper work but well worth it when you win a contract.

Your tax dollars pay me just the same.

btw...the system is rigged form top to bottom. It's who you know not what you know... you have to fill out the forms anyway but they have government attorneys to help you thru the process.

www.score.org...
edit on 19-1-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-1-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 07:36 AM
link   
What about Air traffic controllers, Prison guards, Coast guard, Border Patrol, Forest service?

Sure you have the CIA,TSA, IRS and the hundreds of thousands of useless government workers that if vanished no one would miss. In fact the world would be a better place.

However you have the jobs listed in the first sentence that are vital to the safety of a nation and those workers NEED paying.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: iplay1up2

originally posted by: notsure1

a reply to: EternalSolace

I am sure airports don't need TSA! This thread is ridiculous!

Do you think they do?

Yes, you don't think a crazy person or terrorist, would not use that to their advantage? I would not want to get on a plane, with 200 + unscreened passengers. No way, no day.

Studies have shown that the TSA groping squad have zero effect on security and have NEVER stopped a terrorist attack.

Basic airport security is enough and works for every other nation. TSA are just poorly trained, useless thugs.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   
news.ycombinator.com...

Top comment from that link...just one example of how this doesn't only affect government employees...

Disclosure: im a full-time diesel engine mechanic.

my shop was due for a round of vessel inspections for our waste and fresh oil holding tanks last friday, but, no EPA. Without these inspections we can not technically order new oil or have oil recycled, because the EPA signoff is required as part of cradle-to-grave handling of hazmat substances.

so how do we get around it? we now have half our back parking lot filled with 55 gallon drums of waste byproduct from engine work, which can be shipped without an EPA cert to recyclers. This is also outright illegal if it gets big enough, but we've been declaring it as required by the EPA. since we cant schedule a formal review of that either, we confirm the storage with their hotline for doing so, and since thats not staffed and the voicemail box is full, I have been mailing Kodak pictures and printed descriptions of the storage.

our full-site inspection is due feb 2nd...without it, the federal government (if it were running) would cite us for a flagrant violation and shut us down. The guy who does that inspection called us and confirmed hes quitting to work for...of all places...the company that recycles our oil.

edit on 20/1/2019 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   
The IRA, EPA and FEMA are very useful and important. They've certainly been used for things outside their jurisdiction in the past but that doesn't render them worthless.

What you're advocating for is anarchy. If you want to see how that goes check out Somalia and Libya.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   

This is sad. And it's what Nancy Pelosi accepts as "normal".
twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Assassin82
Your perspective is ignorant and your delivery is shallow. If you want the IRS, EPA, FEMA gone because they’re unnecessary to the viability of our country, that’s fine. But lacking sympathy for hard working American citizens when they aren’t getting paid to do a job that serves you...well, I guess I was raised that if I don’t have anything nice to say I probably shouldn’t say it. I don’t always follow that guidance, but today I will.

Cannot think of one time FEMA, IRS, EPA, directly served me as a US citizen. These agencies are irrelevant.

Katrina and ALL hurricane response... national guard.
Emergency response for any disaster begins and ends with national guard.

Screw FEMA. IRS? Get real... heaven forbid you forget you earned 5 more dollars than you did. EPA? Don't build a pond in your back yard. Absolutely useless.

edit on 1/20/2019 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Aint trump done said he want to make government smaller? That's how you do it right there.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 06:16 AM
link   
If they shutdown the IRS for good, how are they going to get your money to fund the military.
Personally, I think with government shutdowns, it should be all shutdown so everyone feels the pain.

I notice lobbyists are still wining and dining with politicians while the government is shutdown. That should be illegal with a shutdown.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky

I am curious, where exactly do we teach our next generation what honest work is?

What is our culture currently like? Do we worship the material and do anything to achieve greater and greater accumulations of 'stuff'? Do we even condemn the gross accumulation of 'stuff'?

Why is the wall street banker performing corporate raids any better than govt employees? I wonder which one actually hurts and impoverishes more people through their everyday work?

What do you consider honest work? If you actually have thought about this and have a viable answer, how would you educate the masses?

The finance sector proved it is much more corrupt and dangerous to the country than the government when they packaged bad loans and good loans together and bought off the ratings agencies and then sold those packages to investors managing retirement accounts.

We should shutdown QE, money printing to the banksters and stop the plunge protection team during shutdowns.
edit on 2-2-2019 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   

I am sure airports don't need TSA! This thread is ridiculous!

Do you think they do?

Yes, you don't think a crazy person or terrorist, would not use that to their advantage? I would not want to get on a plane, with 200 + unscreened passengers. No way, no day.

Wow .. Like a scared little girl.

You do realize that we had planes and airports for a long long long time long Before we had the TSA?

ETA. Maybe you should want the wall if you live this scared of immigrants?

You have no problem shutting down the military as well?
We should not be scared little girls on that either.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join