It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've no sympathy for federal laid off workers...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   
If you are not a United States Soldier, member of the armed forces, affiliated with special forces, or armed forces operations in any way...

Stay home. We do not need you.

IRS Trash... EPA Trash, FEMA trash... We dont need you or want you.

If your job is important enough to require work without pay.... thank you!

Everyone else needs to be fired immediately.

+13 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Your perspective is ignorant and your delivery is shallow. If you want the IRS, EPA, FEMA gone because they’re unnecessary to the viability of our country, that’s fine. But lacking sympathy for hard working American citizens when they aren’t getting paid to do a job that serves you...well, I guess I was raised that if I don’t have anything nice to say I probably shouldn’t say it. I don’t always follow that guidance, but today I will.

(post by EternalSolace removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

Don't forget the politically-appointed 10% of SES.
en.wikipedia.org...(United_States)

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Don't forget the politically-appointed 10% of SES.
en.wikipedia.org...(United_States)

Plans for the continuity of the US government have NOT escaped me.

I wish I could go into it more... But US citizens would be embarrassed at the extent the US postal service and US IRS went to ensure they collected taxes...

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I am curious, where exactly do we teach our next generation what honest work is?

What is our culture currently like? Do we worship the material and do anything to achieve greater and greater accumulations of 'stuff'? Do we even condemn the gross accumulation of 'stuff'?

Why is the wall street banker performing corporate raids any better than govt employees? I wonder which one actually hurts and impoverishes more people through their everyday work?

What do you consider honest work? If you actually have thought about this and have a viable answer, how would you educate the masses?

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I have little sympathy for many because most of the GS workers I know still live paycheck to paycheck despite making 70+ thousand a year in a state you only need 40k a year to own a house and take good vacations.

more than a few of the WG guys that make north of 20 bucks an hour also don't live within their means, now get below WG 8 and the paycheck gets pretty small but if you live within your means you should still stay afloat fairly easy.

Before the latest move back stateside me and the wife had 30k in savings as a rainy day fund, we burned a lot of that fixing our house but we are already starting to put things away for the future.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Except that the military gets paid via taxes which are collected by the IRS - the circle is complete.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Speedtek

How many trillions did we give wall street to make them whole on their bad bets? Where did that money come from?

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   

If you are not a United States Soldier, member of the armed forces, affiliated with special forces, or armed forces operations in any way...
Everyone else needs to be fired immediately.

How about those Navy guys colliding ships.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   

I am sure airports don't need TSA! This thread is ridiculous!

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: iplay1up2

Do you think they do?

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

Do you think they do?

Yes, you don't think a crazy person or terrorist, would not use that to their advantage? I would not want to get on a plane, with 200 + unscreened passengers. No way, no day.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Do you think they do?

Yes, you don't think a crazy person or terrorist, would not use that to their advantage? I would not want to get on a plane, with 200 + unscreened passengers. No way, no day.

Wow .. Like a scared little girl.

You do realize that we had planes and airports for a long long long time long Before we had the TSA?

ETA. Maybe you should want the wall if you live this scared of immigrants?
edit on 19-1-2019 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-1-2019 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Do you think they do?

You do realize that we had planes and airports for a long long long time long Before we had the TSA?

[/post]
[/post]

Yes, before we established flying has increased too tangentially thus requiring an agency for control and safety. Like we did with the automobile and motor vehicles department when driving became a commodity.

But I digress...

I'm not cool with the " innocent bystanders collateral damage eulogy. "

Wether or not a person earns a wage shouldn't be used as some sickening bargaining chip...
edit on 19-1-2019 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

(post by Mahogany removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   

I can bet if your weekly paychecks stopped and were expected to work without pay, you wouldn't be sounding-off like this! If our elected officials did the job they were elected to do and stopped their political posturing, bickering, and negotiated in good faith on behalf of ALL Americans, we wouldn't have government shut-downs! I can guarantee if these same elected officials had to abide by the same work ethics and job responsibilities that the majority of American's are expected to follow from their employer, they would be quickly fired and replaced!

If these self-serving officials didn't get paid when they couldn't come to an agreement, I can guarantee we wouldn't see any government shut-downs. There are many issues, such as, officials not getting paid that should be placed on the ballot for voters to decide. The same thing goes for term-limits and pay-raises! Government officials have too much control over their jobs and cover for themselves when they break the same workplace laws that all American workers are held accountable to. It's all a conflict of interest and until Americans demand accountability, we'll just get more of the same.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   

The average government employee receives $123,000 annually in pay and benefits.

Source: www.fedsmith.com...

There are 21 million government employees. Probably 30% of them could be terminated permanently, without the country noticing.

The problem is determining which ones are not needed, and getting the Reduction In Force implemented. Department heads hate giving up power like that.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   
The elite are pressing spiritual rebirth onto the working class. Abstinence from sex and drugs, including alcohol, breaks a cycle of oblivion. There is an agenda to spit in food served to abstinent people. And now they are holding the government hostage over the working class not breaking into the cycle of rebirth that obliviates the mind. There is no simpler explanation to this shutdown. I refuse to serve the foodservice industry because of this agenda. 800,000 people are likely breaking into rebirth from the financial stress. Alcoholism, sexualism etc...
edit on 19-1-2019 by Superunknown528 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 08:32 PM
link   

edit on 1/19/19 by Gothmog because: looks like ATS has a problem with quoting now

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join