It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch Trump's 4 PM Saturday "Major Announcement" Speech Here:

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: putnam6

The rhetoric of a master con artist, who's best days are behind him... He just comes across as stale and predictable.

Your bias is showing.

So, when he claimed "that some people say a wall could drop the crime rate and drug smuggling in the US by 50%"... you think he himself actually believes that?

LOL you dont think it will have any effect? man if it stops 20% it pays for itself in 3-4 years. Hell let him build it give him the funds then when it fails you can use it against him. Except the dems worry it wont fail, and he will use it as an achievement in 2020. It isnt about percentages its all political, and its playing with 800,000 furloughed fed employees on something that would likely work, if not let him do it and fail and you probably recapture the Presidency in 2020.

Nobody thinks it'll stop 100% of illegal immigration.

Well, Donald just claimed the wall could drop crime rate and illegal drug use in the US by 50%... Do you believe that?

Once again no and nobody does, but even 15% to 20% reduction would be cost effective. The wall would be effective enough that he could call it a success, Dems want no part of that. They know it would work, as been stated here over and over.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: face23785
If your so sure the scotus will side with him then why do you think he hasn't done it?

I don't think he ever will.

I really couldn't tell ya. Maybe he foolishly thinks the Democrats are actually willing to compromise.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

In 1901 then President McKinley had put out a call for volunteers to assist in war efforts against the Spanish. This call to arms (a form of National Emergency at the time) created the 1st United States Volunteer Cavalry, or better known as "Rough Riders".

Now if that wasn't a Presidential call for a non-military militia, I'm not sure what is?

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Amazing innit.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Did you miss the original bill that trump first was for but then flipped on once it got to his desk?

It was full of compromise. Republican approved.

In fact that original bill I believe will in the end be better than anything trump, mitch, and polosi can work out

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I wish it were.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: RexKramerPRT

Like someone told her in a reply to her tweet, the DACA kids are not getting deported in any case. It would be a PR disaster for the right. Therefore Trump is wise to force the Dems to refuse this offer, but it would be unwise for the Dems to accept it.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

originally posted by: YouSir

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: shawmanfromny

How dare you demand me to watch that!

I shall not and instead I shall prepare some meals for next week....
If you had not demanded such a thing I may have watched.

Jokes on you now!

Ummm...obviously you jest...at no point was a demand made...merely a suggestion that you watch...

But you knew that already...you just wanted to go on record stating your true intent...through obfuscation...of course...without actually stating it...

However...your just not very good at that sort of thing...the hollowness of your attempt...rings...nay...echoes with the reverberations of ineptitude...

Which in my view...is a good thing...it means your psyche tends more toward honesty and not obfuscatory behavior...

Orrrrrrr...your psychotic...

Only you and your Doctor can decide which scenario might be factual...and which fiction...

YouSir

I do not believe that I am psychotic but that is also me being subjective.

In my defense in regards to the user demanding that I watch, just read the title.

The OP title demanded such a thing!
That I will not adhere to.
So instead I will soak some wings and prep some burgers!

Ummm...that’s how psychosis develops...one tells their self that a certain imagined scenario is factual due to a perspective skewed by polarization...

When the opposite of intent is considered realism...while reality is subordinate to belief or imagination...then conclusively...one might consider that such an perspective is more perceptually incorrect...than based on the intent origin and factual considerations of truth...

Thus...such manifestion is inherently dishonest and fulfills only an inner belief system based on imaginative fabrication...

Ideology is...in my opinion...practicing unreality...while accepting it as real...lies and untruth replace truth and intent...

This is politics...psychosis...masquerading as sanity...

Definite psychosis man...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

The big thing that the house is offering to do is pass bills that pay the workers and families and then continue to negotiate the wall.

Mitch wont let those bills get to trumps desk though.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Nyiah

It would interesting to see that strategy played out. Businesses stop hiring illegals, in turn greatly reducing that reason of immigration.

Would paint a clearer statistical picture.

You have to wonder why this is never approached as a possibility.

Because both republicans and democrats benefit financially from immigrant workers.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Nyiah

It would interesting to see that strategy played out. Businesses stop hiring illegals, in turn greatly reducing that reason of immigration.

Would paint a clearer statistical picture.

You have to wonder why this is never approached as a possibility.

Because he's a business man and the WH dances to the tune of Lobbyists and big agriculture. Cheap labor is a staple of that industry and it's not gonna change. Trump even is going to allow even more ag. workers in.

That goes without saying However, to actually say something about it here...would it not be a big motivator if the public at large knew precisely where all those strings connected, and who's individual feet to scorch over the proverbial open flame?

I think the public knows who pulls the string in government. It's the large corporations and profit is the prime objective. Dembs and the GOP are at their beck and call and if they want the gates open to Mexico for cheap labor; that's the way it will be.

The wall may be built and the contractors will profit but the gates of that wall will be wide open.

All this goofy partisanship is just entertainment for the MIC.
edit on 19-1-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   

The big thing that the house is offering to do is pass bills that pay the workers and families and then continue to negotiate the wall.

Mitch wont let those bills get to trumps desk though.

Do you actually believe that? They've straight up said they refuse to give even $1 for a wall. He would be an idiot to give up his leverage for a pinky swear that they'll negotiate. They obviously don't want to negotiate or they'd be doing it now.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

The rhetoric of a master con artist, who's best days are behind him... He just comes across as stale and predictable.

Your bias is showing.

So, when he claimed "that some people say a wall could drop the crime rate and drug smuggling in the US by 50%"... you think he himself actually believes that?

LOL you dont think it will have any effect? man if it stops 20% it pays for itself in 3-4 years. Hell let him build it give him the funds then when it fails you can use it against him. Except the dems worry it wont fail, and he will use it as an achievement in 2020. It isnt about percentages its all political, and its playing with 800,000 furloughed fed employees on something that would likely work, if not let him do it and fail and you probably recapture the Presidency in 2020.

Nobody thinks it'll stop 100% of illegal immigration.

Well, Donald just claimed the wall could drop crime rate and illegal drug use in the US by 50%... Do you believe that?

He then said some people have said it could drop by up to 50%. .

So you admit, it was just the rhetoric of a conman, attempting to swayed public opinion?

Why else would he have even said it, when it clearly isn't true?

I admit you just tried to misrepresent a quote for your own partisan purposes and got called out for it. Don't post things you know to be patently false. I'm pretty sure that's against the T&C.

I didn't misrepresent anything, I stated it exactly as he said it.

But I do sympathize with your position... At this stage your far too invested to ever be able to openly admit that you've been totally played, by a well documented master conman.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   

It wasn't an offer. It was , I will do whats right for these people if you give me what I want.

Human lives should not be played with like this.

This also goes for the entire congress and how our government is playing with it's employees right now.

No one in government is innocent or has the high ground right now.

They all look gross.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   

He caved and the right wingers are not happy. He just threw away his hard line base and the 2020 election.

What makes you think this?

The AM radio right wingers wanted a state of emergency and troops on the border.

I believe that the group on the right that want this are very loud but very small.

You are the expert on what Republicans and Independents think now?

NPR article

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants

Traded for a few hundred miles of fence. I thought he was going to build a wall from sea to shiny sea.
edit on 19/1/2019 by RexKramerPRT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I don't think so.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   

It wasn't an offer. It was , I will do whats right for these people if you give me what I want.

Human lives should not be played with like this.

This also goes for the entire congress and how our government is playing with it's employees right now.

No one in government is innocent or has the high ground right now.

They all look gross.

Human lives shouldn't be played with like this? Like incentivizing people to make that dangerous journey because you politically gain from our borders being open like that? These people on DACA aren't at risk of being raped and killed on a thousand-mile trek. One group is demonstrably in more danger than the other. Not to mention the US citizens killed by illegal immigration through crime and drugs. Equating the two is asinine. The Democrats are protecting a #ing human trafficking industry. Your priorities are seriously backwards.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: RexKramerPRT
a reply to: Cutepants

Traded a few hundred miles of fence. I thought he was going to build a wall from sea to shiny sea.

Then you're uninformed. He's said since 2016 it wouldn't be a wall coast to coast.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   

did trump go down on the amount he demands for his wall?
has polosi gone up??
no?? there isn't a compromise from either.
they'll add crap to it, crap that will probably extend the life of the shutdown as they try to incorporate it into the bills..
of which polosi has offered various dollar amount for border security..
but, the sticking point is the wall.. which, I have to ask..
I've heard that there is still plenty of money being held for fencing and stuff that hasn't been touched. is this true??? and if so, why hasn't it been? is it because the construction of the wall, fence, or heck, let's just call it peaches..is it being held up because of the legal aspect of land seizure.
because if so, then that 5 billion 0r whatever he wants now if better served going to other projects while the courts get through the cases they have and it's needed!!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join