It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch Trump's 4 PM Saturday "Major Announcement" Speech Here:

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants
a reply to: face23785

If Mexico isn't directly paying for the wall, then America is directly paying for it instead. Either they are or they aren't, that's just a bunch of excuses and nonsense. Even if Trump makes the worlds most amazing trade deal with Mexico, that doesn't magically make them pay for the wall.

It's what everyone knew would happen, except people who hate Trump who have been lied to by the media for the past 2 years.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: olaru12

well this would be my compromise...
first, we open up the danged gov't!!! preferably before the lawsuits that have been filed by groups of federal employees get to the point where some judge decides that these employees should be paid twice their wages for working this long without being paid like one did before.

then look and see how much land they have ready to build on that isn't involved in a lawsuit, along with how much land they think might be out of the court system, and give him what he needs to do what they foresee as being possible for this year along with the cost of maintaining that which we have....less the amount that has already been set aside for this but hasn't been used. and reserve any other funding to the other areas of border security that they feel would be worthy of investment..

I don't really get into this tit for tat, you rub my back, I'll rub yours bit that congress likes so much so it would be a stand alone bill, the only thing I would expect in exchange would be that each and every representative would take each item that comes before congress in the same manner, rationally, logically, and not part of a grand deal with half of congress getting their tits for the tat because all that leads to is a bunch of poorly written, non cohesive bills that aren't supported by most but viewed as a way to get the one small item they wanted.
but, I know, I would be sorely disappointed here, which is why I am not a politician. I wouldn't play the game their way.

that's it...

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Thank You. I finally found it after looking. So correct me if I am wrong. If we need 6 Billion this year for new Barriers that could be built now plus all the added manpower and technology upgrades, you are for this?

And as long as we reopen government.

This all happens concurrently, not open the government and hope the House does the funding?

That doesn't sound like what Pelosi has offered, does it? We seem to be about 4 Billion or so off.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: pavil
a reply to: olaru12

So now you are for funding a border barrier with all the tech and manpower as well?

It's a Snowstorm Miracle I tell ya!

Just then, Olaru realized that he loved Big Orange Man and cried.

I never said I wasn't for border security. trumps wall is just more symbolic than reality. Build the fence.

A Peach, with staffing and technology upgrades along the fence and at ports of entry? Even if that costs 20 Billion?

Just clarifying.

I don't owe you an explanation especially when I spelled it out in my post earlier.. Sorry you didn't understand the first time.

or...

Do you just want to keep the insults and arguments going? Fine by me...
edit on 19-1-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: pavil

The big thing that the house is offering to do is pass bills that pay the workers and families and then continue to negotiate the wall.

Mitch wont let those bills get to trumps desk though.

What bills?

The Dems have been on holiday first in Hawaii and then in PR.

They haven't been sitting to pass bills.

Now they are angry because he cancelled their trip on the taxpayers.

Perhaps if they did more actual work? Their first day was four long grueling hours and then they went home to pack for their holidays.

America is awakening.

Remember these words, they were true the first time and they are true now.

Do not wake the sleeping bear.

Oops ... the big Daddy Bear is awake. Soon, the whole of the peoples will be awake.

P

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Is this thing seriously 2 hours long?!

EDIT: It starts at 47:40 min.

Good God why couldn't they clip this out?

Anyone know of a transcript?

edit on 1.19.2019 by Murgatroid because: Felt like it...

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid
Is this thing seriously 2 hours long?!

Anyone know of a transcript?

It was at most 20 minutes long.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

It was about 5-10 minutes long. Probably a bunch of discussion afterward on that vid.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   
we open the gov't asap!! the rest, well, it's dependent on what the experts would deem as appropriate and useful as well as what is fiscally feasible. which might take a little time to hash out.. and, well, keeping the gov't shut down is rather costly.. it needs to be opened. and, there's around 40% of the money that has been previously appropriated that hasn't been paid out, obligated by contract, ect. which they have available for use. with I think it was over 90% that is being held while contracts are in the process of being done. that's alot of money just sitting around not really needed at this time.

of course it doesn't sound like what polosi is offering.. but I do agree with her on one thing...
the gov't needs to be reopened now, not months from now when some agreement is made and turned into law.
and, I find it abhorrent they (OF BOTH PARTIES) pull this crap where they are hastily coming up with crap at the last minute bringing it to the floor, not giving our representatives enough time to understand the laws they are supposed to be voting on. that just makes for bad lawmaking!!

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Halfswede

I think this is it, 13 1/2 minutes long...

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Trump could propose a reopen and inform Congress they would have 72 hours to put a bill on his desk that includes a lump sum $5.7 billion for a wall and they would still refuse.

I say beat the rush and cut all funding to states with Sanctuary Cities, arrest the mayors and city councils of those cities for aiding and abetting and order the Army Core of Engineers to get cracking, he found the cash. Then as a bonus, gut the State Dept and start revoking some 535 passports...

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

That plan would be "Make California Pay for the Wall".

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

California was a part of Mexico...

Some would argue that it is now as well.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Yep. It could be argued.

It's, as most know, always had a huge Spanish, and Mexican, influence.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

We have been through this before when Schumer approved the 25 Billion. Experts in the field want more barriers and more tech and more manpower to achieve the objectives. The current proposed amounts don't meet those objectives.

So your compromise it to open up the government and hope the Democrats sincerely bargain? What a great compromise! Do you actually think that is a compromise? I fail to see the give and take of an actual compromise there and Pelosi has yet to produce any substantial counter offers to end this stalemate.

What gives you any indication Pelosi is willing to give any money for more Wall/Barrier/Peaches?

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   
You know what would be the finishing move for Trump is at the State of the Union given in the Senate because they invite him, he declares a state of emergency.

GAME OVER

edit on 19-1-2019 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 10:14 PM
link   

I seem to recall Reagan doing exactly that, and I seem to recall what happened, too.

NOTHIN'. He got nothing.

I daresay history would repeat itself.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Senate vote next week.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 12:18 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

You guys need to stop representing the PR trip as a vacation and that dems were there partying.

Were U.S. Democratic Lawmakers ‘Partying’ in Puerto Rico During the Government Shutdown?

More than 30 Democratic lawmakers went to the island, a U.S. territory, as part of an event organized by the CHC’s political action committee, Bold PAC

the conference also included “informational sessions” covering the territory’s ongoing recovery from Hurricane Maria in 2017. Various news reports stated that the event had been planned for months prior to the government shutdown, which began on 22 December 2018.

The conclave also coincided with the opening weekend performances of Lin Manuel Miranda’s musical Hamilton, which kicked off a three-week run raising funds for the Flamboyan Arts Fund, a local charity organization. However, lawmakers attending a performance of the show paid out of pocket for their tickets, which reportedly cost more than $500 each.

Conservative media outlets ran articles critical of the Democratic retreat, with some claiming that the lawmakers were “partying.” A Fox News producer also tweeted a photograph of Sen. Bob Menendez of New Jersey at a beach:

Spotted: Sen. Bob Menendez on the beach at a resort in Puerto Rico on Day 22 of the partial government shutdown. Reports say dozens of Dems are in PR for the CHC BOLD PAC winter retreat — including meetings on Maria cleanup, and a party with PR’s “Hamilton” cast. pic.twitter.com/6FaBYKPo4L

— David McAlpine (@DavidMcAlpine) January 12, 2019

Similarly, Fox News host Jeanine Pirro claimed that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) was also “partying” as part of the group, but she retracted that statement on her own Twitter account:

During my exclusive interview with Pres Trump I said Speaker Pelosi was in Puerto Rico with a bunch of her Democrat colleagues. I based that on numerous reports that turned out to be wrong. The Speaker’s office says she has been in DC all weekend and I take them at their word.

— Jeanine Pirro (@JudgeJeanine) January 13, 2019

We contacted both the CHC and Bold PAC seeking comment but did not receive a response prior to publication. The latter group did respond on Twitter to criticism from President Donald Trump, however:

Thanks for drawing attention to this @realDonaldTrump.

Members of the CHC were in Puerto Rico to raise awareness for our brothers and sisters who are still suffering from Hurricane Maria — no thanks to you. t.co...

— BOLD PAC (@BOLDPAC) January 14, 2019

Democratic delegation’s trip to Puerto Rico becomes a target for Trump

It had been planned for months: the largest-ever congressional delegation to Puerto Rico. It would start with briefings on the continuing effects of Hurricane Maria, end with a charity performance of “Hamilton” and include a little down time on the beach. And then the government shut down.

Stop blindly believing everything you read on conservative fake news sites and look into it yourself.

Pelosi did visit Hawaii over the Christmas holiday.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join