It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch Trump's 4 PM Saturday "Major Announcement" Speech Here:

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: pavil

Details please on how each Bill presented by the House is an evolution in their offer towards reaching a compromise.

I didn't say that. I said this.

The big thing that the house is offering to do is pass bills that pay the workers and families and then continue to negotiate the wall.

www.congress.gov...

www.congress.gov...

This is more about what you thought I said. It shows all current funding bills and were they are at.
www.congress.gov...

In other words, they want him to just sign what they want, which doesn't include border security, and go back to the status quo. That's not a compromise. Why can't you acknowledge that they refuse to compromise? It's a fact. They've straight up said they won't give him $1. No amount of spin will change that.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
a reply to: olaru12

So now you are for funding a border barrier with all the tech and manpower as well?

It's a Snowstorm Miracle I tell ya!

Just then, Olaru realized that he loved Big Orange Man and cried.

I never said I wasn't for border security. trumps wall is just more symbolic than reality. Build the fence.

The corporations will have their cheap labor and nothing can stop that.
edit on 19-1-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Where is the compromise on funding for Border Security? It hasn't changed. It remained static. That isn't compromise. You prove my point.

The resolution of this will involve compromises, not just promises to "negotiate" later. Do you honestly think later she will offer to do additional funding for border security when she hasn't offered anything? C'mon now.

Show me where Pelosi has offered any meaningful to add to the border security discussion.

link   
a reply to: Cutepants

You could be right.
Well have to watch which way the wind blows in the next few weeks. Who will pressure mount up on the most? Did trumps new/old speech shift the mood?

link   
Duplicate. Why does the first post go through the exact time you press it a second time?

edit on 19-1-2019 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

If Mexico isn't directly paying for the wall, then America is directly paying for it instead. Either they are or they aren't, that's just a bunch of excuses and nonsense. Even if Trump makes the worlds most amazing trade deal with Mexico, that doesn't magically make them pay for the wall.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I'm not on the left.

I'm a centrist that leans left.

Hell I even voted for more republicans during the midterms than I did dems.

I move in a lot of different circles. I was just calling it like I see it .

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: pavil
a reply to: olaru12

So now you are for funding a border barrier with all the tech and manpower as well?

It's a Snowstorm Miracle I tell ya!

Just then, Olaru realized that he loved Big Orange Man and cried.

I never said I wasn't for border security. trumps wall is just more symbolic than reality. Build the fence.

A Peach, with staffing and technology upgrades along the fence and at ports of entry? Even if that costs 20 Billion?

Just clarifying.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 05:31 PM
link   

and the three year temporary daca reprieve?? isn't that the same as I'll give yous three years to work out a solution? promise, the republicans will work with you!!

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   
whats pretty funny about all this, is seeing people say offering Daca safe harbor is no deal because he has to do it anyway..

Why do people still think that he doesn't play ball like every past president he will do things his way and if everyone says he has to do X he will do Y or Z just cause.

They could have protected Daca, and probably gotten their foreign aid increase with no muss or fuss for a paltry (in govt numbers) 6 billion, Pelosi is a nut case.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Have the Democrats compromised to reach a successful resolution to this issue? Just a few months ago they were willing to give 25 Billion and if anything, things have gotten worse at the border since then.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Actually coulter is pissed at trump over this speech.
Check out her twitter.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

and the three year temporary daca reprieve?? isn't that the same as I'll give yous three years to work out a solution? promise, the republicans will work with you!!

Most Republicans have stated they want a just solution for Dreamers, even Trump has.

Show me Republican leadership who is opposed to a solution for Dreamers? That's the compromise in their position. Where is the compromise in the Democratic position.

What if Trump were to offer Dreamers a fully implimented path to Citizenship along with Immigration Reform and Border Security Funding? Is that a deal you can live with?

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Check out her twitter.

I'm not surprised. She likes the idea of compromise on this about as much as Pelosi, but I don't think Trump really thought there was a serious chance Pelosi would call him on this. If she did, he was offering something she was willing to give and figured Republicans would go for, but I don't think he figured she would.

It's like negotiating with a child, never offer what you aren't willing to live if when they go for it, but you also know in the back of your mind which options are the most likely to be taken too. Usually, you are right.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   

no, they want McConnell to allow the vote, they think it will pass. if it does, it will go to trump, who can either veto is or sign it. if it's vetoed, well, they can try to over ride it. it they manage to do that, well, we have an open gov't, if not, we are where we are now, but at least the dems will know that their plan isn't gonna work and they will be more willing to compromise. tell me, which do you think will take longer... finding out weather or not the bills already written and waiting for senate votes will pass through, or working out this grand scheme of dac for wall bit of trumps? and well, why can't they be working on both at the same time??

it's pretty danged pathetic when a republican congressman is out there suggesting that the tsa workers just not show up for work enmass to get the gov't open (highly illegal by the way) while his party's leadership is too danged scared to bring a group of bills to the floor because they might actually get enough support to over ride a presidential veto!!!

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Three years is enough time for the DACA kids to put themselves on the path to citizenship through the system once they get this deferred action. It would be a window of time and a legal recognition. *if* the reason they aren't in the system seeking legality now is fear, then this should remove that barrier.

Any DACA kids not moving toward legality after this 3-year period aren't serious about their chance.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I already posted what I would suggest, why don't you go read it and tell me what you find objectionable in it???

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I will. It would be nice to post location. We all miss posts sometimes. It's in this thread right?

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   

which doesn't include border security,

This bill passed by the house does include border security funding through dhs.
www.congress.gov...

The bill includes appropriations for the Department of Agriculture, the Department of Commerce, the Department of Justice, the Department of Defense, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, the Department of the Interior, the Department of Energy, the Department of Homeland Security,

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Check out her twitter.

uhmm, no I won't...I don't give a rats ass what she thinks, only you trump voters do

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join