It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outraged SJW doesn't believe Outraged SJWs exist

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   
So I have a self proclaimed liberal friend that I see on a weekly basis. About 1 in 3 times I hang with him, he manages wedge in a statement about how liberal he is.

He is always the one who brings up hot button issues, he's always the one grandstanding on a stance, he's always the one pulling up youtube videos of some liberal "owning" a Fox news commentator, etc, etc. MOST of the outraged BS news I don't even know about until he brings it to my attention.

Also, after knowing him for a while, I've noticed that his arguments REEK of cherry picking...

For example - Anyone who uses the constitution to back up their rights is shut down because the constitution is old and written in a different time and doesn't apply to the modern world, but in the same breath he will use some REALLY old Royalty example to JUSTIFY incest in Game of Thrones. (I understand it's two COMPLETELY different things, but you see what I'm getting at)

And yet last week he goes on a tear about how he doesn't believe SJWs or Outrage Culture even exists. He thinks it's a phenomenon or something and these people aren't actually walking around. Contrary to the deluge of video evidence and his own behavior. I'm not really here to cut him down but rather examine how people are talking politics and taking issue and then being TOTALLY delusional as to what part they play in the machine.

I'm fairly certain that he doesn't believe Outrage Culture and SJWs exist because he IS an SJW deeply embedded IN Outrage Culture.

This is a little thin on content I know... that's where you come in... have you or do you have anyone in your life that IS one of these people but seems totally ignorant to their own role?

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: MarkOfTheV

Your friend is Bubble wrapped. They can't possibly see anyone with an opposing view as anything other than the normal Progressive Stereotypes. Likewise they probably don't even see their own actions as "outrage" ect. They think it is normal behavior of anyone that is enlightened.

Be their friend but don't feed their appetite unless you want to mess with them.

........not that I would ever do something like that. LOL.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   

When the constitution was written, you could not rapid fire a gun. It took time to load a single round. The people who wrote it, could not conceive that one day we would be able to fire in less than a minute, than their guns could fire in an hour or two.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   

When the constitution was written, you could not rapid fire a gun. It took time to load a single round. The people who wrote it, could not conceive that one day we would be able to fire in less than a minute, than their guns could fire in an hour or two.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

Your friend is Bubble wrapped. They can't possibly see anyone with an opposing view as anything other than the normal Progressive Stereotypes. Likewise they probably don't even see their own actions as "outrage" ect. They think it is normal behavior of anyone that is enlightened.

Be their friend but don't feed their appetite unless you want to mess with them.

........not that I would ever do something like that. LOL.

It's quite the phenomenon isn't it? My daughter who is in college is starting to parrot the behavior and she always tries to convert me. It is hilarious. I take her non factual cult beliefs and put her into a corner every time by asking her to back her beliefs up with factual evidence and she can't. It has become a sickness with her trying to prove me wrong and getting so angry in the process she storms out. White privilege, equality, you name it. Every SJW behavior I witness on the internet from these woke college students, I am watching happen to my own daughter. These colleges need to be burnt to the ground for what the are doing to our children.

I always tell her to get back to me when she has facts to back up her BS because Dad don't give a snip about feelings.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: iplay1up2

There have been rapid fire guns since 1718 www.historychannel.com.au...

Give it up already.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: iplay1up2

Dude, are you:

1. The friend he was talking about?

2. Totally missing the point of his OP?

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I am sure the writters of the Constitution didn't realize that people would say the dumb stuff they say now. So maybe the right to free speech should be terminated. See how that works?

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

I am sure the writters of the Constitution didn't realize that people would say the dumb stuff they say now. So maybe the right to free speech should be terminated. See how that works?

Be careful. He'll agree with you.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   

One of ATS' more prominent liberal wedge types, whom I havent around lately, would constantly insist that "there's no such thing as SJW's" "SJW's are a myth". Which was fascinating as any thread about them (especially if "SJW" was in the title) he'd come in derailing like it was going out of style.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Ummm...you sure about that?

I would say the founding fathers knew, if you want to say some didn’t fully understand what it could become? I would say that you are wearing some mental yoga pants to fit your theories

www.google.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   

The most intellectually dishonest argument one can make here. It's akin to me jumping into a debate about tampons vs maxi-pads.

Not only did our forefathers have automatic weapons at their disposal they also foresaw their inevitable advancement. Just because modern liberals can't see out past their nose. Doesn't mean the classical liberals who helped build this nation couldn't.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: highvein

Be careful. He'll agree with you.

Only if its speech they disagree with. Otherwise it's a Fascist grab of power.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   

You gotta love it, when people opine on The Constitution, yet don't know dick about history and the events of the time, right?

The 2nd Amendment wasn't about hunting. It was about two expressions of self protection.

1. Acknowledgement of the individuals right to protect their person, family and property, and 2. about "The People" having a perennial God given right to protect themselves against corrupted tyrannical State power.

When our Republic was founded, and the discussion about rights of the People to be free of potential tyrannical government was a hot topic, it was just a fact that it was considered essential that the entirety of The People, had weapons commensurate with the weapons The State might field against them. So, if ANYTHING, we are significantly behind the ball, so far as "small arms" goes, given Government uses select fire and burst weapons, and citizens only get semi-automatic weapons.

Since then, we have already lost most of our rights as citizens of the various states, with the power grabs enacted by Federal elected officials, to wrest rights away from individuals and the various states.

SJW's essentially have been sufficiently dumbed down into a "pure democracy" mindset. They actually believe America is a Democracy, despite the founders deliberate action to make sure America was NOT a democracy... and for specific reasons... primarily the protection of minority classes of people from the "tyranny of the majority".

All of this is well established fact. The founders KNEW the bloody oppressive history of pure democracies.

Despite these facts, watch anyone on the media, and they always use the term "Democracy" to describe what they think we are.
edit on 19-1-2019 by dasman888 because: gerbil zombies

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   

They exist. 90% of people you meet won't be one...but they're real. I've met them i've come to realize they just need to feel special. They're usually not good at anything, have never accomplished anything, tend to be spoiled. They expect the world to cater to them. Their outrage stems from learning this but being unable to accept it doesn't.
edit on 19/1/2019 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   

There were never military advancements before or during their time, and they are ignormaouses who couldn't possibly have looked to the future. Obviously that is dishonest being the 2nd proves they looked to the future knowing the importance of arming the public to prevent the freedom haters from destroying it.

While we're at it why dont we ban "Micro Machine Guy" John Moschitta Jr., Twista, Auctioneers, and the disclaimer people at the end of commercials.
edit on 1/19/2019 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Actually there are records of automatic weapons in development before the war. Please pay close attention to who they were marketed to. en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 19-1-2019 by Jason79 because: formatting

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   

SJWs are everywhere.
In fact, here is one of the more deluded ones right here.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Where in the Constitution is there a delineation of what "arms" are ?
The folks back then used anything they had or could find.
See how easy that was to put your post down ?
Read the Constitution yourself in lieu of listening and parroting your neighbor.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Yes. I work around and attend classes with many. One day I was particularly entertained by one ranting for over an hour about an issue she had with the college and basically how everyone there needs to change for her needs, and about 2 minutes later she went on a tear about how anyone around her age could not possibly be a --how dare we-- a snowflake (!!), it just 'made no sense'...!
Thank you for perfectly illustrating the point

<<   2 >>

join