It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate calls out Kamala Harris for her religous bigotry

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

The claim was made he denounced the Pope. What he said was amazing and all Americans I believe were relieved to hear that particular speech, considering the misinformation that was being flung about what he would do based upon his own faith. The same as Mrs Harris is doing, flinging nonsense out simply because someone belongs to a certain faith. It's wrong, then and now. No employer in the country could refuse a job because someone belongs to a religious charitable organization, why should the government or its representatives be allowed too ?

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

I believe in the existence too. That there is a lot more going on then we know.

I use the term: "Energy Source"

I will not use the term "God" - - because the minute you do - - a believer will go: GOTCHA!

LOL I know, huh!? Agree on an "energy source" and all of sudden you're religious and have to "assume the position"! Like, all of sudden the "fact" that Jesus talks to Mike Pence" is cool! Suuuuuure.

edit on 18-1-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

The claim was made he denounced the Pope.

He "denounced" the Pope's authority over his presidency. My words, not his.

The same as Mrs Harris is doing, flinging nonsense out simply because someone belongs to a certain faith. It's wrong, then and now.

I disagree. The fears of the American people of a Catholic Pope ruling over a president were real and palpable at the time. Kennedy tried to relieve those fears in his speech. 70 years later those fears are no less palpable, and real. Real rights are a risk and it's a big deal to a lot of non Knights of Columbus type people, who don't want to see religious zealots sneak in under the radar and install a theocracy.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: toms54

Ask a Muslim if the Koran is BS, ask a Jew if the Talmud is BS.

The Koran isn't an oath, neither is the Talmud, they're relgious texts, like the Bible. People swear oaths ON the Bible, but the Bible isn't an oath either.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 09:24 PM
link   

There is real need to actually read the JFK "religious" speech. No where will you find the word denounce. Here is the full transcript.

www.npr.org...

JFK actually says the exact opposite.

nor do I intend to disavow either my views or my church in order to win this election.

Again no where in the speech is the word denounce, not in regard to his own personal religious views, not in regards to the Pope. It is an outright lie to claim use of the word denounce, again provide the quote and link, as I have provided the full transcript of his "religious" speech. Not one use of the word denounce.

And for the record, recent elected officials sworn into office did so on the Koran. As a matter of fact, it was Thomas Jeffersons copy of the Koran. I have no issue with it, but again a claim is made and easily refuted as there are TONS of pictures of their hand on the Koran as they are sworn into office, facts matter, Deny Ignorance
edit on 1/18/2019 by DJMSN because: Addition

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 09:28 PM
link   

You, like some others here are an alarmist. It doesn't matter how many wild comments you post. No one believes Knights of Columbus is some kind of extremist organization. Now it's Catholic supremacists. You might think it's fun to be all outraged but it is so idiotic, it's hard to believe you are sincere.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: Annee

I have you Talking about the Big Guy in the Sky Now Annee . Oh , and He is Listening............)

You have me engaging in a subject?

Yes Dear .

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 09:57 PM
link   

There are plenty of people, like me, who are concerned about right wing religious nut jobs whose goal is to strip women of their reproductive rights, and make sure that people are allowed to discriminate against LGBTQ and women, et al, based on their "closely held beliefs".

This judge, like Mike Pence and ther cabinet member Dominionists, is one of them.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

Like I said, my words, not his. Also, like I said, his speech did little to ease the concerns hard core Protestantism and did ease the concerns of Catholics. But, the fear of a Catholic theocracy threat was real, and palpable, and the fear of religious zealotry ovtaking the courts and government is still real today.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 10:21 PM
link   

...But, the fear of a Catholic theocracy threat was real, and palpable, and the fear of religious zealotry ovtaking the courts and government is still real today.

So then , the First Amendment to the Constitution should be Repealed in order that the Federal Government is Not Taken Over by Religious Zealotry ? Hmm...
edit on 18-1-2019 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 10:23 PM
link   

I have you Talking about the Big Guy in the Sky Now Annee . Oh , and He is Listening............)

Yes Dear .

Thank you Sweetie

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Yes Dear .

Thank you Sweetie

Ah , Not Cool , Not Cool ! ....................)

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 11:33 PM
link   

It doesn't matter that questions were raised in the 1950's. The Apostles Creed doesn't change. The Church doesn't change, and neither do the oaths that its body requires.

Okay, I don't have the time or inclination to bring your history education up to par but if you actually believe the above statement you have a lot to learn in life. It matters very much when an idea that was soundly defeated in 1960. I was only six years old but I remember the time quite well. I'm simply amazed that Democrats had to steal that old argument and bring it up. Talk about recycling! I guess when that's all you've got...you're stuck.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Who the Democrats are bringing into the gov and Congress is scary..

These are anti American anti Christian people

Who votes Democrat if your not part of BLM, LGBTQ, antifa, hollyweird, illegal alien or Muslim.

What a truly disorganized and ugly party....

Their look looks completely against what America stands for

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 07:16 AM
link   
why is their "no question" members of the knights of Columbus value their religion over country? is their "no question" in "your mind"?

Doesn't JFK in fact prove Catholics will value country first?

So far all I see is you shouting your beliefs like fact.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

There are plenty of people, like me, who are concerned about right wing religious nut jobs whose goal is to strip women of their reproductive rights, and make sure that people are allowed to discriminate against LGBTQ and women, et al, based on their "closely held beliefs".

This judge, like Mike Pence and ther cabinet member Dominionists, is one of them.

You should forget about about Knights of Columbus and Mike Pence. Start worrying about the Boy Scout of America. I have it on good authority they have built a network of paramilitary camps nationwide. They recruit susceptible children and brainwash them in the forest to join their evil, satanic cult.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: toms54

You, like some others here are an alarmist. It doesn't matter how many wild comments you post. No one believes Knights of Columbus is some kind of extremist organization. Now it's Catholic supremacists. You might think it's fun to be all outraged but it is so idiotic, it's hard to believe you are sincere.

I never used the term "extremist", those were the words of the Congresswoman. Where she gets that idea? I don't know, maybe from the Catholic/Protestant war that has been raging in Ireland? Maybe it comes from the Popes' lasting propensity to form theocracies and support dictatorships around the globe? Maybe it's the Church's history of their treatment of First Nation People, their Just War Doctrine and the Divine Right of Kings doctrine.

Knights of Columbus have taken a formal oath to promote their religion and it's policies and impliment them in all facets of government and societies, just like the mostly Protestant Dominionist movement.

Dominion theology (also known as dominionism) is a group of Christian political ideologies that seek to institute a nation governed by Christians based on their personal understandings of biblical law. Extents of rule and ways of achieving governing authority are varied. For example, dominion theology can include theonomy, but does not necessarily involve advocating Mosaic law as the basis of government. The label is applied primarily toward groups of Christians in the United States.
Prominent adherents of these ideologies are otherwise theologically diverse, including Calvinist Christian reconstructionism, Roman Catholic Integralism, Charismatic/Pentecostal Kingdom Now theology, New Apostolic Reformation, and others. Most of the contemporary movements labeled dominion theology arose in the 1970s from religious movements asserting aspects of Christian nationalism.
en.wikipedia.org...

Dominionism Rising: A Theocratic Movement Hiding in Plain Sight www.politicalresearch.org...

Dominionism Defined
Dominionism is the theocratic idea that regardless of theological view, means, or timetable, Christians are called by God to exercise dominion over every aspect of society by taking control of political and cultural institutions.

We need to be aware of certain influences of religious ideals that go against American values.

edit on 19-1-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

lol.. that has to be an out dated version?? how many masons do we have in congress along with all these knights? just imagine how interesting those heated debates would be if they took this oath seriously..

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Has the Bohemian Grove oath been updated? One would hope so, but who knows? All kinds of politicians and elites still be cray-cray, me thinks!

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Nice try. No one is scared. Except you.

Paranoia is an instinct or thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of delusion and irrationality.[1] Paranoid thinking typically includes persecutory, or beliefs of conspiracy concerning a perceived threat towards oneself (e.g. the American colloquial phrase, "Everyone is out to get me"). Paranoia is distinct from phobias, which also involve irrational fear, but usually no blame. Making false accusations and the general distrust of others also frequently accompany paranoia.[2] For example, an incident most people would view as an accident or coincidence, a paranoid person might believe was intentional. Paranoia is a central symptom of psychosis.[3]

en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join