It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Say hello to Australias' version of Donald Trump

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero
any conservative (businessman) is going to get the full treatment from the left, pols and media.

nobody can do stuff for decades without some questionable dealings.
this is what happens to any conservative SCOTUS nominee. his record is run through and they'll always find something they can interpret as questionable.
all they could find on Romney was he carried his dog on top of his car.

the hateful left will try to destroy any outsider, for short term gain and to dissuade future conservatives from getting involved.

and then they'll ramp up the rhetoric. 'oh gosh he's the most awfullest conservative monster ever he must be destroyed'. and the 'nationalist white racist patriot anti-woman anti-whatever evil evil evil' labels.

one of these days a real right-wing psycho is going to emerge and the media and leftists will squeal and no one will pay attention cuz its the same old rhetoric that's been going on for years. Trump was a monster. Romney was a monster. the Bushes were monsters. blah blah blah.

maybe the Aussies, like the US, figured a businessman with real-world experience could improve things over the career never-worked-a-day-in-their-lives politician types.

that's a damn good call bloke

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Ah old Clive Palmer knows he will pick up all the redneck racist knuckle draggers that were voting for Pauline Hanson.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Ah old Clive Palmer knows he will pick up all the redneck racist knuckle draggers that were voting for Pauline Hanson.

ah the compassionate tolerant left
reach out to the muslims and border assaulters and drug runners but curse those darn conservatives.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   

reach out to the muslims and border assaulters and drug runners but curse those darn conservatives.

These people aren't really conservatives they are the alt right.

Saying all lefties want open borders is as idiotic as saying all right wingers are racists, but do keep trying to paint people into little boxes if that's all you can muster.
edit on 20-1-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Saying all lefties want open borders is as idiotic as saying all right wingers are racists, but do keep trying to paint people into little boxes if that's all you can muster.

Speaking as an Aussie, I can assure you that we do not have thee ridiculous levels of "stereotyping" people like the US seems it can't avoid doing! I guess that's becoz everything is a competition in the US

Over here we have a concept called "the quiet achiever". Bragging and showing off (esp wealth/money) is considered "crude" down here and often the richest people down here often likely drive something like a Toyota to work (the Ferarri/Porches are for weekends/track/rally use) and at the pub, they're also wearing t-shirts and shorts like everyone else and NO Rolex's in sight! In general, there's a saying sown here which we call "the tall poppy syndrome" -- the 'poppy' who sticks it's head out is likely to be the first to have it chopped off --- and yes, it's an Australian 'sport' to cut ostentatious wankers 'down to size'

In Reality were are a very "fair" country where people are 'judged' mainly by their behavior, most people here DGAF 'where you came from, who you (choose) to # Or how much money you make' .. so long as you're a genuine, friendly and cool person, you'll fit in here straight away coz that's what "we Aussies" GAF about, not your sex, color, creed, political orientation etc which is why we also don't have 100 ways to 'stereotype them'

BUT thqat's The Aussie way ... pretty much "do unto others" and people are 'improving' every day!

Anyhoo, back on topic,

If you were to watch our news Or read a newspaper, you'll see that while terms like "left", "right", liberal and "conservatives" are used as they have been for decades,

BUT Unlike in the US where you have all these "factions" and fifty variations thereof i.e. "alt left/right", conservative, liberal, etc etc etc ad nauseum!

If I were to go into the street and ask anyone "are you a liberal Or conservative? Do you support the Left or the Right, or the 'alt right/left" blah blah . . . 99% of people would look at me like I just told them I've just come back from the moon!

They wouldn't have a Clue what I was talking about. AND as we too have a primarily "two party system" like the UK, we have a "conservative" mob known as the Liberals/right and the 'worker's party, the Labor party, which was (once upon a time) the 'workers party' (and attempts were made to connect it to Communism that failed) and was called "the left" and that's about it!

e.g. If I asked people in the street "what is the 'alt left' party in Australia? People would look at me like I've got 2 heads!
or
IF I were to ask them something like "who are the 'conservatives', the Labor party of the Liberal-National party?"

I'd likely get a similar reaction unless I was speaking to a student of politics and even then .... hmmm?

Rupert Murdoch was born in Australia, inherited his media empire from his dad and IS NOW a US citizen ... becoz that's where he can weild the most influence (as Mockingbird media) while partying with the DC swamp's hoi polloi!

He's just another power hungry psychopath who teamed up with 'the rest' aka the Illuminati. There are MANY Australian families up to their left eyeball in this Illuminatii stuff! I actually had several friends at school who I now know are involved in all sorts of "hush hush funny business", lol, my best mate as a kid, his grandad was THE Grand Poobah of the Masons in Oz ... and his 'stepdad' is a retired british admiral! (My mates mum was a model when she was younger, she's in her 80's now and he's died and my mate has become all weird and distant in the lat 4-5yrs!

And we used to play Royal Tennis at this VERY exclusive club that from the outside certainly didn't look like a place the 'elite's elite' would gather in.

My BiL is/was (you never leave once you get to his level, even though he's "officially" retired) a Deutsche Bankster (no, no one can join these dots, don't worry about me being doxxed, thanks anyway) and I KNOW he did a LOT of "informed Forex trading" back in the 80's and 90's (it's his speciality, and made a mint) has trust funds in the City of London banks which were once "untouchable" but "things are changing at a rapid rate" and I get the feeling from him and others that "all's Not exactly ok" and although they try not to show it, my 'bankster acquaintances' are beginning to be 'a tad concerned' at what's around the corner and coming up fast!

Oh, and as Clive ain't a member of the Royal Tennis club and didn't go to the 'right schools' he's not going to be getting much further in Oz politics, plus he's Truly a fat lazy # who's living of the money he made in mining and he DGAF about anyone BUT Clive! Sadly. I once thought he had a few good ideas, BUT he's got no Plan! That's for sure!

edit on 22-1-2019 by JohnnyJetson because: imma ozzy duh!

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   

lol
uh oh, looks like somebody got *triggered*

are there any left-wing knuckle-draggers?

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyJetson

I'm Ozi ,I live here, I just find it easier to speak in easy to understand terminology to some of these members, I don't have the patience to explain these things to them and ones like the op only think in terms of left and right, they are kinda simple. Cheers for pov though
edit on 22-1-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   

a reply to: JohnnyJetson

I'm Ozi ,I live here, I just find it easier to speak in easy to understand terminology to some of these members, I don't have the patience to explain these things to them and ones like the op only think in terms of left and right, they are kinda simple. Cheers for pov though

It's ALL good bro, and thanks for the thoughts

top topics

<< 1   >>

join