It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plato and Mars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I never really read platos stroy but seeing that no one can find atlantis, is it possible that perhaps platos description of atlantis lies somewhere on mars? perhaps mars had civilizations and stuff then was destroyed. But thats just my idea maybe there more to the story that completely disproves this but i dunno.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
If it was on Mars the rovers would have known about it by now

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56
If it was on Mars the rovers would have known about it by now

You're joking.
Those rovers are a marvelous thing, but I am certain they have not covered Mars' entire surface quite yet.
Besides, half its crust was blown off to a depth of 3000 feet, by a huge cataclysmic series of impacts, which gives you a 50/50 chance that it would have been on the half that is gone now.
Hypothetically.
Realistically, Plato would have said Mars.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Thanks Terapin, i didnt know that but now i do, but maybe they were all on mars and the name fro earth was mars back in the day... or maybe its just regular earth

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   
In my search for the answers of everything and the universe I have come to the conclusion that Mars did suffer a devistating blow some time in ancient history, long before the sinking of Atlantis. Mars was in orbit around a large gas planet once and for some reason exploded and blasted its orbiting moon toward the inner portion of the solar system. The exploded planet is now the asteroid belt.

top topics

join