It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

J. Allen Hynek UFology giant or just Government agent

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Thanks much for this info mm, as usual, your erudition comes into play as a great value to us.

I will definitely research this further it does have interesting implications.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell
I wrote Hynek off decades ago as a mere agent of government disambulation and deflection. Was I wrong?

edit on 17-1-2019 by JohnnyCanuck because: yes

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   
i know this comment is gonna get a lot of people butthurt.
but keel gives a way different view of both hynek and hector in one of his books, he says that hynek was obviously in project blue book for the money, he din't care about what "the man" told him to say, the bucks were his interest
meanwhile hector was the personification of everthing that was wrong with the official UFO study, he was a bonafide jerk when talking with UFO witnesses and his personality extended to the rest of project blue book

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Hynek was an interesting personality for sure. Unfortunately most of his studies were made in a vastly different era than today.

I always think you can see the modern (post WWII) UFO era as split into three.

1) The Age of Innocence - late 1940s through to some point in the 1970s. Lots of saucers sightings, bad photographs, contacts with human like beings from the solar system. Virtually no abductions...

2) The Sinister Years - the post "Close Encounters Era" when Roswell suddenly entered the narrative. Then little grey guys from Zeta Reticuli started to steal us away in our sleep and all the weird horror stories that came out of that era. Fake Roswell stories and autopsies. The Bigelow and Aviary era too. It started around 1975-1978 and ended in 1997 as the Phoenix Lights blinked out in the skies above Arizona.

3) The Internet Years- - the era when at first the lore was discussed and disseminated with much excitement and wonder. Art Bell blasting out from the kingdom of Nye on dial up internet across the world. Photos and Video from mobile on phones.... and yet the contemporary stories were somewhat less exciting and Doty and his chums got exposed making stuff up with the SERPO disaster...a step too far for the old men out of touch with the tech of the day. Then stories like the Norway Spiral were quickly solved. Whereas 30 years ago it would have remained a mystery. Even major classic cases looked less robust with more information forthcoming...Disclosure and exo-politics became new age and then old hat...Top Greer and then Stop Greer....Ufology almost died completely....

Thank god Tom DeLonge saved us all.

What Hynek would make of it all now I don't know. But I have my suspicions that, had be been born a few decades later, he would be on the board of advisers with TTSA now.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   

What Hynek would make of it all now I don't know. But I have my suspicions that, had be been born a few decades later, he would be on the board of advisers with TTSA now.

im surprised paul hynek din't join it yet, he is proving to be as money thirsty as his dad

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   

You know from a perspective of the UFOs are legit your categorizing the UFO era years may indicate that the sinister US government, waiting to take advantage of the UFO era, laid in the cut to see whether they could take advantage of the UFOs and exploit the phenomenon for geopolitical purposes, without flack from whatever mysterious force is behind it…

They saw their shenanigans weren’t getting any negative feedback therefore they went whole hog disinformation.

In the 40’s to the 70’s "your age of innocence" they didn’t know their asses from a hole in the ground so they merely observed…

The sinister era was reflected in the US government IC doing their tricknology and disinformation because they first tested the ground and saw whatever is behind this didn’t give a damn what the US did one way or the other.

Now their in the era where they are hiding one truth and that is…
The great secret is that the government has no secrets and the only thing their hiding is that they don’t know anything…they’re as ignorant as we are.

edit on 17-1-2019 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Quick question for the people watching Project Blue book on History channel, what is the name of the Air Force (pilot/Captain?) who is working side by side with Dr. Hynek?

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Now their in the era where they are hiding one truth and that is… The great secret is that the government has no secrets and the only thing their hiding is that they don’t know anything…they’re as ignorant as we are.

maybe, just maybe, someone in the depths of the air force (the so called "deep state") reached a similar conclusion to vallee and keel, and that person decided to help the cosmic trickster with its trickery and the result was the AFOSI nonsense and the upper levels taking the extraterrestrial bait, hook and sinker

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: TheOnlyBilko

I know exactly who you mean, but can't recall his name.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

I do believe their using the UFO phenomenon a bit and also manipulating it.

All these UFO organizations have been riddled with CIA agents from the start with NICAP and other ex-government IC spooks in present groups (as in TTSA and I'll add Mufon).

The evidence points to religious fanatics in the government and people concerned with the public going crazy over the idea of aliens.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   

the collins elite?
just like AATIP is convinced its space aliens by fed information, i think somebody also fed information with a demonic angle to them

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Swords on Hynek taken from MIB thread:

Could Allen Hynek have been a Man-in-Black? Well, in a way he was one of the first. In 1953, after the Robertson Panel had fingered Coral Lorenzen and the fledgling APRO as a potential trouble-making situation, Hynek and Bob Olsson from Blue Book made a special trip to try to talk her into being more Air Force friendly. Unlike Bender, Coral was tough as nails and basically ignored their "patriotic" plea. [I have the dim bell ringing in my ear that she condescended to asking prospective new members about their political propensities in order to join, but I can't find my old reference, so take that with a grain of salt].

Hynek may also have figured in a somewhat weirder case as well.

In 1955 the Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory moved its HQ from Washington DC to Cambridge, MA to accept the job of creating a worldwide satellite tracking network --- they knew that we and the Soviets were on the brink of launching something. The staff expanded and Allen Hynek migrated from Ohio to Massachusetts to join Fred Whipple in directing the project. He was, therefore, away from Blue Book quite a lot in the 1955-1959 years. Sometime in 1968, NICAP received word from a 1955 witness [at the time the chief pilot of the East Coast Pilot's Association] that he and two others encountered a UFO while on practice landing maneuvers on a lake near Worcester, MA. Their own flight landed then at Hanscom field, and the sighting was immediately reported to the base officers.

Three weeks later, the witness was told to report to the USAFs Cambridge Research Center [these guys did the green fireballs and had plenty of UFO experience]. He was met at the door of the facility by two men [in black?] taken inside AND BLINDFOLDED [!]. He then was taken into an elevator which rode up and down seemingly aimlessly for ten minutes. It stopped finally, they got out, the blindfold came off, and he was sent to an office. The person waiting for him inside was HYNEK! Hynek cross-examined him for quite some time, finally admitting that the witness' testimony interested him greatly, since scientists on the roof of the research center had seen a similar object one hour earlier than his encounter. Well, Allen, who would have thought it of you? You could have had Tommy Lee Jones' job.

link

edit on 19-1-2019 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheOnlyBilko
Quick question for the people watching Project Blue book on History channel, what is the name of the Air Force (pilot/Captain?) who is working side by side with Dr. Hynek?

It was possibly Captain Edward J. Ruppelt of the USAF that headed Project Blue Book.

I still do not have much respect or trust in the late J. Allen Hynek or Jacques Vallee --- Partially because both were CIA spooks at the time of Project Blue Book; out to debunk any UFO reports in the early days. And then later...to have them both fall back on the unproven IDH instead of ETH.

I even sent my own two photographs (8"x10"), and a written letter (trying to describe the ET'S) of possible ET humanoids to J. Allen Hynek, during the 70's when he led CUFOS. He outright debunked them with a vengeance in his typed written letter that he sent back to me.

After Hynek passed away...the president of CUFOS --- who replaced Hynek ---- told me in a type written letter, that he read my letter that I sent to Hynek, describing the ET's in my two photographs --- and would I please mail him the photographs of the ET's.

I just threw up my hands with disgust...and I never corresponded with CUFOS again.

What did Hynek do to my ET photographs --- which I consider them to be the most important photographs in the history of the human race --- Did he throw them in the trash or did they get lost in the "messy" shuffle?

Whatever Hynek did to my photographs of my purported ET's...he took it to his grave.

edit on 19-1-2019 by Erno86 because: added a couple of words

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Erno86

So do you have copies of these photographs?

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

So do you have copies of these photographs?

Yep...

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Are you willing to post them here so we can see what Hynek was up to?

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Here's one of them for ya'll...

edit on 19-1-2019 by Erno86 because: link work

edit on 19-1-2019 by Erno86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Well err I'm sorry.

But I can sort of see why Hynek wasn't too impressed.

Your claim that...

...the most important photographs in the history of the human race

Well I'd like to hear your justification for that claim.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   
There was a time when the American communist party had more FBI agents inside it than communists

Today and probably from the beginning UFO organizations had more IC agents inside it than sincere UFO researchers.

Today its as bad as its ever been

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Here's the picture which can be viewed in larger form by right clicking on a PC (holding down on the image usually works mobile devices).

This seems to be a case of pareidolia. Perhaps multiple cases.

I've numbered the possible candidates.

1. Real bird

2. Rock looks remotely like a rabbit

3. Illusion of Ghostbusters type phantom caused by light

4. Rock looks like facemask

5. Rock appears like Darth Vader helmet

6. Small child wearing Russian Ushanka hat pulling tongues.

I really fail to see how Dr. Hynek missed them all.

Edit: The original photos all seem to be here : www.imgur.com...

edit on 20/1/2019 by mirageman because: ....

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join