It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ever see a guy get vaporized?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:09 PM
link   
TST, he obviously falls back, NOT vaporizes. I think you need to lay off the...well, you know what I'm gonna say. 😂

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Thank TPTB for letting us dig into this thread.

I'm still trying to find the original video, and not a 240p cell phone video of a closed circuit monitor of a video.
We're all learning something here in TST's OP!
Thanks TinyST! This is great🤗

Edit: forgive my years of what seems sick and twisted and instead of debriefing and learning. Any ATS members whom has dealt with this will tell you.

edit on 16-1-2019 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

utter fake

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
a reply to: Pandaram

Nor is there a power line that would do that to a person.
I believe the debunking video states it would take over 2 million volts to do that to a person.
The largest power lines we have carry 1 million.

That's not entirely accurate. It also depends on the amperage.

I was on a project once where an electrician got 'vaporized' (seriously). He walked inside a 15kV switchgear cabinet which was energized. They hadn't followed proper 'Lock-out/Tag-out' procedures (this was in Asia). He make contact with a 1,000A fuse (they "think"), there was a massive arc-flash and he was "GONE". And if that wasn't horrible enough, the arc-flash left a perfect outline image of his body on a concrete wall about 15' away! All that was left was a piece of a melted hardhat. Just gone! Oddly, it was the arc-flash image on the wall which lead the investigators to their conclusion that he'd bent over and came into contact with the fuse bucket. It was like a grim photograph of the instant it happened. There were some other pretty grisly details, but I'll leave those to your imagination. You could still smell the event even a year after it happened if you were near the area.

It's not the voltage which kills you, it's the amperage. If you shuffle your stocking feet across a carpet and touch a light switch you'll get a static electricity shock of 20,000 - 25,000 volts, but there's very little amperage so you don't vaporize. Add some serious amperage to that same voltage and bad ju-ju happens!

I've seen a second example of the arc-flash image too, and this one happened here in Colorado. A guy dropped a wrench into some energized switchgear. Fortunately, no one was seriously injured, but the flash left a perfect image of the wrench on some fireproofing on the steel deck above.

That kind of stuff is just spooky as hell!!

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Hey claydisk do you think the video is real
edit on 17-1-2019 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Regarding the video in the OP, there 's two big questions people who want to believe the video should ask themselves:

1. If the fumes from the alleged acid were so explosive, why then didn't the whole tanker ignite on the initial fume release?

2. If the fumes were so explosive, why then didn't the area of the initial fume release erupt into flames also? Why only where the guy was standing? There is always plenty of organic matter in the air too.

TST, regarding your 'doctor' at work; I believe him. Those types of acids are nasty, nasty, stuff and require extreme care when handling. The acid probably wouldn't 'vaporize' a person instantly, but I imagine, given enough time, it would certainly dissolve a person to just about nothing.

BTW...wasn't this the same kind of acid Walter told Jesse to use to dissolve the girl's body in the TV series Breaking Bad? (And it needed to be contained in a certain kind of plastic, but Jesse dumped her in the bathtub instead causing AHTBL)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I think it was same as breaking bad.
Tub fell through the floor.

I'm going to talk to the doc today when he gets in.

He is not the punking type.

I was surprised that he didn't have to think for even a second. As soon as he saw it he said totally possible then busted out the giant books and started going way over my head

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 05:54 AM
link   

I think I was typing when you posted.

See my reply above.

I think there is probably more to the story than what is shown in the video.

Looks like an electrocution to me, but the big question I have is...if the material inside the tanker was in fact explosive, why didn't the electric arc set it off when the guy's body completed the circuit?

edit on 1/17/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:20 AM
link   

When I was studying the wet recovery and refining of PMs I met a guy who told us of a time when he was fresh out of college and had started a new job in a chemistry lab. When he was taken inside he saw a red box on he wall next to a chem cabinet, it had a clear glass front that said 'in case of emergency break glass', and inside was an axe.

He asked his new supervisor what it was all about and was told 'if you ever get hydroflouric acid on your arm, you'd better hack it off fast',

Very nasty stuff,

edit on 17/1/2019 by MerkabaTribeEntity because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 07:09 AM
link   
ok - a more measured and informative post :

1 -what is the spray of vapour [ fron left ] ??

2 - a lack of markings . yes most juristictions only require HAZMAT // HAZCHEM boards on the trailer rear [ mandatory ] - but MOST people transporting dangerous substances use side markings too

looking at the tractor and tank condition - this is not some 3rd world mickey mouse crap hole

3 - i see no source for an electrocution

4 - neither sulphuric nor hydroflouric acids are inately famable or explosive PS which is it ?????????

yes if you drop any number of chemicals into a tank of acid - there will be a violent exothermic reaction - heck even water dropped into suficiently conc suphuric = a violent steam explosion

5 - magic pants - the guys pants SEEM to remain intact

6 - the real physics // chemistry of disolving people in acid - it takes time - not " faster than a man can fall over " -
personally - i prefer hot conc sodium hydroxide for disolving bodies [ but thats personal preference ]

7 - unsourced youtube clips - no explaination // context . where is the HSE investigation report ? [ or equivilant body ]

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

the guy that comes around the back of the truck at the end was holding the hose that sprayed the guy on top in the beginning. i say hose because the spray clearly did not come out of the open hatch.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Ahh! I didn't even notice you posted it already lol.

And yes it is interesting.

Well we can rule out acid doing it to the guy.
That we know for sure wouldnt happen at that speed.
Overtime...a long while, then its possible. But not in the speed the video shows.

And according to the debunk, the human body has 1000 ohms of resistance, the power line would have to carry 2.5 million volts in order to vape him or 2.99 GJ of energy.

Here is the Mythbusters take on the acid eating away a human body

Breaking Bad Myth Busted

edit on 17-1-2019 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Okay, so upon much closer examination...

1. The flash actually happens BEHIND the truck, not on top. Whatever caused the flash was behind the truck. If you look at it frame by frame you can see the flash under the truck. If it had been on top, the underside of the truck would have been in shadow, and it's not.

2. There is also a watermark / artifact on the video. It moves down as the video progresses. The watermark has clearly been altered to not be so visible.

3. The guy behind the truck is running, so something happened (behind the truck)

Not sure what all that means, but it's what I see.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

originally posted by: TinySickTears
if the dude fell of the tanker to the far side out of frame why did the other dude run to the near side and look for him?

looks like thats what he did anyway

There is a TRACK ATOP OF THE TANKER. 2 rails running the length of the tanker.. He didn't fall of the tanker. He fell backwards, on top, out of view. The guy on the ground couldn't see the victim because the victim was on the ROOFTOP of the tanker.

Edit: for example I've drawn a red stick figure where the victim would be laying on his back.

You’ve got it, fell into the raceway on top of the tanker after being electrocuted, you can even see the toes of his shoes sticking up after he falls down. That’s why the guy couldn’t see him from the ground he assumed when he saw him go down that he fell off the side and was impossible for him to see him in the raceway from that angle. I’ve spent a fair amount of time on top of tankers and that style does have the raceway on top. The trailers I pull are the fancier bulged tankers as opposed to the straight cylinder.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   

This is only 1 of the hazardous materials rolling thru towns on trucks and trains everyday.

Read some of the train/truck hazard labels when you see them...especially those black tanker train cars hooked together.

1st Responder
Hazmat, Chemical, Biohazard certification
edit on 17-1-2019 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

The trains that spook me are the ones which have a single locomotive, then 4-5 empty flat-cars, then about 8-10 tanker cars, and another 7-8 empty flat-cars bringing up the rear.

You just know, whatever is in those tanker cars must be some really, really, ugly stuff!!

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: mysterioustranger

The trains that spook me are the ones which have a single locomotive, then 4-5 empty flat-cars, then about 8-10 tanker cars, and another 7-8 empty flat-cars bringing up the rear.

You just know, whatever is in those tanker cars must be some really, really, ugly stuff!!

And Im working not far/bordering the Ford Plant region of S.E. Detroit area...and rail yards are everywhere...those black time bombs are in the 100's moving and parked, and are 1st. Responder's biggest fear...trained or not.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join