It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Troops and civilians killed in Syria

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I thought the troops were withdrawing.

Trump needs to exit ASAP. The civilians are collateral damage.

Let's hope and pray that this is the last terrorist attack on Syrian soil. Let Russia and Assad sort them out.

edition.cnn.com... -patrolled-city/index.html

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

These deaths are pointless in a conflict that never should have involved the United States in the first place. I can’t wait for our troops to come home. I feel sorry for their families.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   

ISIS is almost defeated

+

Trump announces US withdrawing our troops

=

ISIS attacks troops ahead of pullout?

I'm not that good at math boys, but something doesn't add up here.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I agree. Israel is behind today's attack. Just my two cents...

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Involutionist

I don't want to go finger pointing in an area with this many actors, but I'd be lying if I said it didn't cross my mind.

Also, I had a feeling something like this would happen and said it a week ago without elaborating (I figured once we started the withdraw someone would attack to try and keep us there).

here it is
edit on 16-1-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   
edit on 16-1-2019 by Involutionist because: Double post

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Let Russia and Assad sort them out. 

Agreed. After all, they were the only ones ACTUALLY doing so all these years...
edit on 16-1-2019 by Involutionist because: Grammer sucks

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Your link is not working.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Your link is not working.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Involutionist

Rebel Syrians are behind it. They've benefited the most from US' presence there.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

These deaths are pointless in a conflict that never should have involved the United States in the first place. I can’t wait for our troops to come home. I feel sorry for their families.

It is in the interests of the U.S to have a military presence in this region. Israel of course is America's ally and helps the whole of the West in terms of the military and trade interests of the whole West.

Whichever political force is calling the shots in Israel is the number one superpower because that is how strategically important this geopolitical corridor is. Why do you think Mr Putin was willing to risk all to have an ally like Syria? It is purely military in motive. He will blaze all guns to keep an airbase and port there. Think about it strategically. Lose this region and lose any say in trade, politics and military manoeuvrability. That is how serious and important it is. If it is not the U.S it will be Russia indeed. If it is not Russia it will be China.

The U.S is holding on to number one spot because strategically it has the upper hand in this corridor. It has always been a battleground, through all of history. The history of this region speaks for itself. I believe that is why it is the Promised Land because G-D can show might and has done by empowering a minority continually against all human odds. It is a continual miracle that the Jewish people have survived through the ages. That is how it appears to me. Why do you think Armageddon will happen there? It is the world's hottest military hotbed and has continually been ransacked, invaded, in the possession of one civilization after another.

President Trump has made an error here. He should have been far more militarily proactive against "Basher" Assad (my nick-name for him). He needs to be strong and deliver a clear message to Russia and so do Israel. Those borders must be respected by the nations surrounding Israel and the Kurds who have been good friends and fighters for Western and Israeli interests must not be forsaken. It would be an abomination if the U.S forsakes them and lets Turkey or Basher massacre them.

In retrospect the West was too luke warm in its military game plan in Syria. It is now reaping what it sowed. Either do it or don't. Don't just create a bloody great mess of chaos and walk away. That really is as low as the Dead Sea!

If America and the West lost Israel they would lose influence, trade, military manoeuvrability and every superpower empowerment. Basher is a demon, a straw man for Russia, a puppet for Putin in the proxy war Putin is winning right now. Putin is using particularly Syria and Iran and I expect he lends a helping hand with the Palestinians' cause and the other Arab powers not in the West's camp. I bet he is causing mighty trouble all over the world in that department. I would go as far as to say he has been supporting BDS in a proxy manner.

I have made a detailed study of what Putin has been up to. He is everywhere. His politics are those of a gangster. They are not civilized. He uses and exploits for the military goodies. He is inhumane in my opinion.

edit on 16-1-2019 by Malak777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Yeah, I read this earlier. They're saying 4 people, Turkey reports 20 total, 5 out of that American. And then a couple of hours later, after ISIS kills our people, our VP announced that ISIS was defeated.

As if they could not pick another day, and be a bit more sensitive toward the grieving families, when lying to us. This is such a tragic situation, without our government showing their absolute disconnect from reality.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogany
Yeah, I read this earlier. They're saying 4 people, Turkey reports 20 total, 5 out of that American. And then a couple of hours later, after ISIS kills our people, our VP announced that ISIS was defeated.

As if they could not pick another day, and be a bit more sensitive toward the grieving families, when lying to us. This is such a tragic situation, without our government showing their absolute disconnect from reality.

A militant group is capable of killing any countries soldiers so long as they are in theater. A faction can be defeated yet still deliver casualties.

This does not negate president Trump's decision to withdraw from Syria.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

A militant group is capable of killing any countries soldiers so long as they are in theater. A faction can be defeated yet still deliver casualties.

Of course not, he can still pull us out, that is his right.

It just negates the truth around the statements that they are defeated.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Our troops and Equipment started leaving last week, but it takes time. They need to speed it up if they can.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

Of course not, he can still pull us out, that is his right.

It just negates the truth around the statements that they are defeated.

You are completely oblivious to what entrenched forces are capable of. Because an enemy force can still pull off an isolated offense, does not mean they are capable of keeping up of said offense. Nor have they driven off American forces.

Keep trying in your trashing of American forces. Fact is they won the syrian conflict. It's now in Israeli more than capable hands. Time for american forces to withdraw. American forces won and completed their objective. Thanks to president Trump who sat an objective, unleashed our military to achieve it, and withdrew upon completion.

Yeah...

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany

Even after Hitler's regime was officially defeated, they were Rogue Nazis roaming and killing.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Mahogany

Even after Hitler's regime was officially defeated, they were Rogue Nazis roaming and killing.

Absolutely correct. They were a pain in the neck of American and European forces years after the official defeat.
edit on 1/16/2019 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

ISIS is almost defeated

+

Trump announces US withdrawing our troops

=

ISIS attacks troops ahead of pullout?

I'm not that good at math boys, but something doesn't add up here.

I cannot help but think that this attack tends to support Bolton's desires.....

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Salander

Just did an unpopular thread involving him and Iran.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join