It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

so this is what a music note looks like. not the notation. the sound

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 04:06 AM
link   
i thought this was cool.
heard it talked about on a podcast.

so this is what the first twelve notes on a piano look like when sounded

This CymaScope video makes visible the first twelve notes of a concert grand piano tuned to A4 = 440 Hertz. All notes show the attack, sustain and decay phases. By pausing the video it is possible to observe great detail in the geometry created by each note as it is imprinted onto the CymaScope's water membrane. The sound of an individual piano note is not constant but varies due to the string's partials (also known as harmonics) reflecting off the sound board and piano cabinet, adding tonal 'color' to the sound as the string receives some of the reflected sounds.

so they have a machine with some purified water membrane that 'catches the sound

awesome

i dont think this one will embed but its super cool too.
so they put salt on a steel plate. just sprinkled wherever. they start sending specific hertz through the plate and the salt automatically organizes in to these geometric type shapes and theyre always different based on the hertz sent through the plate.

the universe is crazy man.

in both examples it looks like something you would see during a D M T trip.

www.youtube.com...

both videos are super cool

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I've always been interested in cymatics, it is beautiful and It always makes me think of the mystery of Rosslyn Chapel.

Another thing I think about is this...

Imagine how we vibrate (our human bodies) while listening to music, or hear talking, or feel vibrations in our city...so on and so forth... all of it, anything and everything we hear or that causes any form of a kinetic vibration within ourselves.

We have a crimson liquid coursing through our bodies, so would our body create waves similar to what we see in this video or on that plate.

I know what sounds or noise makes me feel good and which ones do not.

An example... newborn babies... if they are fussy and not sleeping they say to place your baby inside the baby carrier and set them on top of a running dryer. This mimics the sounds and motions the baby experienced inside the mommys tummy. The baby calms.
An example... when i can't sleep at night i turn something on that is familiar to me, i don't typically watch i listen, for the comforting sound to fall back to sleep. I say it is soothing to my ears... but on a deeper level what really is occurring in my body that this sound vibrates me to sleep.

leolady

edit on 16-1-2019 by leolady because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-1-2019 by leolady because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Love this kinda stuff! Ty OP!

Sound is an incredible thing.. The last couple months I've been learning a lot about it and its truly blown me away...!

Just beautiful...

Tie it in with sacred geometry and math and maybe we're getting close to what Tesla was going on about!

Sound is very powerful - we in today's society do not recognise it for what it is as we don't truly understand...

Uni verse = one song. The Universe was 'sung' into creation.

That first sound/frequency/vibration was what caused the Universe to come into being.. Going by many of the ancient Scriptures!

Got some interesting vids for your perusal...

m.youtube.com...

There's Sonic Geometry 2 too..! Hope link works as on phone.. So can't embed YT...

Happy days

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: fluff007

Love this kinda stuff! Ty OP!

Sound is an incredible thing.. The last couple months I've been learning a lot about it and its truly blown me away...!

Just beautiful...

Tie it in with sacred geometry and math and maybe we're getting close to what Tesla was going on about!

Sound is very powerful - we in today's society do not recognise it for what it is as we don't truly understand...

Uni verse = one song. The Universe was 'sung' into creation.

That first sound/frequency/vibration was what caused the Universe to come into being.. Going by many of the ancient Scriptures!

Got some interesting vids for your perusal...

m.youtube.com...

There's Sonic Geometry 2 too..! Hope link works as on phone.. So can't embed YT...

Happy days

Have a look into Michael Tellinger. He believes that ancient mines used sound energy to mine, build and shape the enviroment. Very interesting actually.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Saibotkram1988

Thank you for that, seen the name around, will have a look.. How fascinating..

I've often wondered if the ancients used sound to move things... Like the guy who did Coral Castle. I believe it is possible..

Much much to learn..!
edit on 16-1-2019 by fluff007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 05:39 AM
link   
What would a fart look like?

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Ummm...

A disturbance...in the force...

We're passing gaseous anomalies...Captain...

What the FRAK...is that smell...

YouSir
edit on 16-1-2019 by YouSir because: I just loves this chit...

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Look in the mirror

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: SituationNAFU
a reply to: watchitburn

Look in the mirror

I don't feel like getting up. I'll just roll over and look at your mom.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Question:

Would sampling the same notes/hertz through different liquids of varying viscosities produce the same geometric patterns?

Also, not to belittle Tesla, but his understanding of melodic frequency oscillations originated in studies done by Pythagoras.

The more you know

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Sampling the same notes using different materials will absolutely change how they appear, since sound passes through materials based upon its structure and density. You can change the viscosity of water by changing its temperature... given it is very easy to tell if pouring water is hot or cold by how it sounds, id say that it is certainly a very clear yes.

As for the "everything is frequencies and everything was godly and sung into existence" sorry but, gonna have to do better than that, pretty patterns are not evidence for some underlying god, or creation process. When people can show evidence that 'music' in this manner can create physical things, maybe id entertain it.... can sound inspire and change mood? yes, but it is subjective and is culturally driven.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   
This is in just 2 dimensions, on a flat surface. I wonder what it would look like in 3D? Say use something similar to a snow globe, and have the sound emanate from the center. I wonder if you could see a pattern, or if it would just look like a jumble. If you were able to slice it, like with a CT scan or something, if you could recreate the 3D image, and look at it from all slices/angles.

Just a thought experiment.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   

There are always those people who just want to watch the world burn.

Finally I know where your ATS name comes from!

Anyway, excellent thread and a few great additions to it. We don't see those pictures normally when we hear music. To see it on that scope is visually incredible.

I love music and the complexities behind tonal values, so seeing this is absolutely fascinating and captivating.

Excellent post!

*S&F*

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Nice share TinySickTears

1 would imagine the forces associated with sound helped to mold-shape this universe.

As mentioned by leolady the various fluids found inside the human body and "other" body forms carried by various CREATOR Creations as well as the many created objects inhabited and uninhabited that have fluids within them oil
for example are responsive and reactive to vibrations...

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   

I took the bait with this comment and signed in. I think you are about right. I know a lot about sound being a multi instrumentalist and composer for over thirty years.

Sound does not look like that. That is what happens when the vibration goes through the water membrane of this physics cymascope instrument. If it were another denser liquid it would look entirely different. Sound does not look like anything because it does not reflect light. Tesla would have told you the same. The artificial stillness enables the geometry. There is nowhere as free from vibration in the natural world.

It can be rendered as an image, but that is not the sound. It is a pixel digital representation of the sound, a kind of useful diagram. It is a wave. Sound is an invisible wave, not visible, you can't see it. That is why we have ears, ears to hear and we have eyes, eyes to see, just like Jesus and the Prophets used to say. If we could see sound it would be pointless having ears. Sound must have molecules to vibrate with. No molecules, no sound. In a different atmosphere to the earth sound would be different if the atmosphere were different. In Space there is practically no sound because it is so thin in terms of molecular structures.

A fart has a key. It will resonate somewhere in the octaves. If it is a rumble it will be in the HZ and if a sqeak it will be in the KHZ. It might be a few cents off of a proper note, but it is a sound. If we did the same with the fart noises as has been done here then they would look just as uniform, geomteric and pretty.

Sound has absolutely no mysticism to me. It has no occult properties or G-Dliness. It is a vibration, no more and no less. It did not bring the universe into being. Hard physics and chemistry did that. G-D is a scientist not the Pied Piper of Hamelin.

If a lion roars or if a bird sings they will have just as pretty a geometric pattern when passed through a physical medium like this membrane. Snowflakes are the same. If you look at chalk you will see the same geometry. Everything on a molecular basis is complete order. There is no chaos in the universe except in the human mind and Brexit (ho ho).

Yes, a fart would look very pretty like this. You are quite correct in bringing this thread back down to earth. I take my SAS balaclaver off to you, Sir!

Yes, this experiment is a vibration trick, but it is not what sound looks like because sound does not look like anything as it is invisible. Radiation does not look like anything either until our skin starts peeling off and we get nasty sores. It is the effect of the wave on matter just as the cymascope is allowing the sound wave to ripple on the water membrane. If they used a denser liquid the pattern would be very different, but just as geometric.

It is an untruth to say sound looks like that. It only looks like that when you vibrate it over a water membrane that is artificially kept still beyond what is natural. It would be nothing like that if vibrated onto a lake or in the bath. Might as well say this is what sound looks like as we fart in the bath! I have now made myself laugh which was the intention.

Bye!

edit on 16-1-2019 by Malak777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   

How did your "work problem"go? Or don't you bother replying to people that respond to your threads?

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Wouldn't the medium that the "sound" goes through just change the amplitude that it is expressed? Then the shape of the vessel in which the sound is propagating has a larger effect on the "shape" of the sound due to reflections of the wave form, and in these 2 dimensional "shapes" of sound we are not really seeing the amplitude what so ever, just the frequency.

Basically "sound" is just vibrations of certain frequencies that propagates though a fluid, and if it is propagating through a solid that would just vibrate at the frequency present. But I could be wrong.

edit on 16-1-2019 by dubiousatworst because: durp

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ErosA433

As for the "everything is frequencies and everything was godly and sung into existence" sorry but, gonna have to do better than that, pretty patterns are not evidence for some underlying god, or creation process. When people can show evidence that 'music' in this manner can create physical things, maybe id entertain it.... can sound inspire and change mood? yes, but it is subjective and is culturally driven.

What is evident is the 1000s of years the ancients have revered these concepts. And not just revered them, but put them to use also. I find it quite arrogant and disrespectful of folk of our very young culture, to completely dismiss many of the ancient Scriptures. Do you think they wrote them for the laughs? There is something many of us are missing about the messages (and the lengths they went to to leave them!) they have left behind, for us.

Personally I don't think everything was 'godly'. Firstly we don't even have the proper vocabulary and concepts to talk about it in our 'western culture'. Universal Consciousness moved, which created an unending and exponentially expanding vibration, that expanding vibrational wave may have then lead to the unending form and movement of the Torus. The Absolute Potential was there and the movement brought it to fruition... You may barf at the idea, yet this what many of the ancient Scriptures and concepts point to.

There is plenty of evidence already, go have a read..

Fascinating stuff...

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Yes it is cool and very beatiful. Thank you for the OP.

Star and flag.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ErosA433

When people can show evidence that 'music' in this manner can create physical things, maybe id entertain it.... can sound inspire and change mood? yes, but it is subjective and is culturally driven.

What do you think would happen to you if i took away your frequency.. Everything in the universe (one verse) has a frequency.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join