It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Patriarch Kirill said that gadgets are bringing the coming of the Antichrist

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 06:06 AM
link   

The head of the Russian Orthodox Church, Patriarch Kirill, stated that the existence of gadgets and the Internet is the herald of the preceding Antichrist. This was said in a Christmas interview with the TV channel "Russia 1", reports the largest Russian news agency RIA-Novosti.

Gadgets carry the danger of becoming a means of controlling information from one point, which is demonstrated by the coming of the Antichrist, Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia Kirill is sure. The patriarch said that the gadget brings convenience in communication, but "someone may know exactly where you are, what you are interested in, what you are afraid of." Therefore, soon there may appear methods and technical means "that will provide not just access to this information, but its use."

"Can you imagine what power will be concentrated in the hands of those who have knowledge of what is happening in the world, about serious conversations of people who express their beliefs, build some kind of life strategy ... I'm not talking about any plans in the field of economics, politics, and so on. So, control from one point is a foreshadowing of the coming of the Antichrist, if we talk about the Christian view, the Antichrist is a person who will be at the head of the world wide web that controls the entire human race. it least in the foreseeable future, if we ourselves do not want to bring the apocalypse. Therefore gadgets are good in terms of convenience and pleasure, but in terms of control over the individual is a dangerous thing. "

At the same time, the patriarch noted that the church does not oppose scientific and technological progress, but only worries about individual freedom, which could be put at risk "on a global scale."

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 06:19 AM
link   

"someone may know exactly where you are, what you are interested in, what you are afraid of."

Santa?
Satan?
God?
Mark?
Pitr?

And now? What now? Is this all there is?
Is this all the Grand Patriach has to say about this?
How about some prayers or something like that?

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

No words will help if the person himself is not reborn internally and will not want Salvation.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Gadgets carry the danger of becoming a means of controlling information from one point, which is demonstrated by the coming of the Antichrist, Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia Kirill is sure. The patriarch said that the gadget brings convenience in communication, but "someone may know exactly where you are, what you are interested in, what you are afraid of."

I'll agree with the second part- these devices spy on us and allow their controllers to feed on us...

But calling them a means of controlling information from one point? Sure, the media controls it...But when a church complains about that sort of thing I can't help but laugh.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: a325nt

The church does not complain, but warns people. Gives them the right to choose and talks about its possible consequences. This is not so much different motivation, agree?

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I got as far as Antichrist.

/me exits stage left.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Religion has always been a tool to control and pacify people and an excuse to kill.
I for one welcome the demise of all religions.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Religion has always been a tool to control and pacify people and an excuse to kill.
I for one welcome the demise of all religions.

It will just take a different form.

Instead of "working" for eternal salvation, people will focus on their social credit score.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

People do tend to be sheep

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Behold! Satan’s roomba!
The end times are neat!

a reply to: RussianTroll

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

And governments could do more to curtail the brain-washing of people,

Mormons, Scientology (sounds like an oxy-moron), Jehova's Witnesses, other cults claiming their belief is the only way.

Religious freedom should not mean the freedom to exploit people for profit, yet here we are.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   
It is interesting that the apple logo is an apple with a bite taken out of it. Perhaps roswell was a trojan horse and they gave us the teck knowing that they could control us through it.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Ummm...I think the gist of this message is about moderation...yet I can see the threads of what he's speaking about being knitted into one fabric...with which to cover our eyes...

The progressive push for globalization will eventually culminate in the very scenario he postulates...a one world government with what are now countries...being merely states with governor's instead of presidents and kings...

Perhaps eventually it will be a single corporatocracy...you can see it's beginnings in the "one message" delivered from many corporate mouths in the majority media...how they all speak with one voice and push us headlong into their version of reality as they would see it...

The good patriarch is correct...
Regardless of his personal preference to couch such warnings in religious connotation...simply removing such does not negate what he stated...
The core of the message remains the same...power will eventually be held in a single set of hands on a global scale...
This will be accomplished through the gift of technologies...AI generated alternate realities where everyone gets to be the hero...as they're...kept...bought and payed for as the newest experiential escape from the mundane claims it's rightful place among an infinitude of tittilation and eventual tactile gratification virtual reality programming...

That's the future...

Regardless if you call the one leader Antichrist...CEO...President...Emperor...or any other titular descriptive...

It's a brave new future awaits...

I can hardly wait to be so thoroughly...owned...

YouSir
edit on 15-1-2019 by YouSir because: clarity demanded...and I complied...

edit on 15-1-2019 by YouSir because: ...why...?

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

People do tend to be sheep

Some people need to be sheep, without their shepherd(s), they have no direction.

Many people can't handle a period of introspection and not knowing what could be around the corner tomorrow, god forbid you throw risk into the mix.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Machines like computers and mobile phones are not methods of controlling information, they are methods of spreading information, using information and locating information. Its pretty obvious to anyone who has been watching world events with any actual attention to detail, that far from being a means of controlling information, the internet and the machinery which runs it, are pathways through with a person of the correct training, can get a hold of ANY kind of information that has been placed anywhere inside that network, even if it is information which is partitioned away from the main areas of the net.

Realistically speaking, the internet is probably the greatest threat to every nations security, because its use by governments and their functionaries is ubiquitous, but it is fundamentally impossible to absolutely secure any piece of information held therein. There is simply no way to make any piece of information which exists in the internet, secure enough that it would be impossible for it to be accessed by someone other than those authorised to view it. No matter how clever your security, no matter how impressive your code, your passwords, your encryption or your firewall system, there will always be someone, somewhere, with nothing more than a lap top and a box of arcane electronics, who can find out the things you would rather they didn't. Whether that individual is a free lance hacker for hire, a hobbyist with an obsession, or a direct employee of another nation, corporation, or other entity is not important. The fact of the matter is that there are people and agencies in this world who are so potent that no matter how skilled the one might be, the others will always have a chance of grabbing the others information.

So no, the internet is not a tool for the control of information, and it must be said also that if people in the information age are still prone to the evils of propaganda and still under threat of being brainwashed by the corporations and governments of the world, then they deserve to be and be crushed under the weight of their ignorance. There has not, since I have been alive, been an excuse for anyone in this age to STILL be swayed by brainless tub thumping and racial bias confirmation, for example, and yet the drone scum are still infected with that corruption more every day, and show no sign of choosing a different path.

In this age, if you are afflicted or infected with propaganda, its because you chose to be, not because you did not know any better. Everyone knows better, and some people actually behave as if they do. The rest deny that they ever did, or that their disgusting, regressive attitudes are not disgusting or regressive, despite the evident nature of the truth. The manner by which information, true or false, is spread, the mechanism, is not important and never has been. What is important is what people are prepared to go along with, whether they are prepared to accept evil, bias, hatred and tolerance of intolerance into their hearts, or whether they stand in the breech and defend against these things with all the gusto and fury of the host of heaven.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Many know and follow the voice of their master. Many follow the voice of any master, some wander in the wilderness, while some are just stuck in the bushes.

I personally have spent time in each of these places. That is why I believe I am now on the right path for me.

Machines which we thought would free us have enslaved us. We made that choice and now we are sacrificing our children to th god of technology.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   

I read his name as Krillin-which would be awesome-but he does have a point to a certain level.

Pushing Satan aside for a while technology has become a weapon of war, crude as it may be. Just look at the dial-a-bomb, kinda hard to do with a rotatory phone, modern technology has made it far too easy for extremists to create easy and effective weapons, that combined with the dark web and BOOM! we have a generation of armchair terrorists.

And as for blame on the Antichrist, who is he? Jobs, Gates, Zuckerberg? All i know is that Satan had better be keeping my throne warm.

edit on 15-1-2019 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

It's easier for me, my friend. You do not need to reinvent the wheel, especially since the sales manager will definitely sell you a skate board instead. There are decisions of the Council of Nicaea, there are many holy Fathers of the first millennium. You just need to follow them. Considering that after Christ the vessel with the prophets is sealed, absolutely all new "churches" - deceptions, simulations, a product of the Devil.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

It doesn't matter who will be called the Antichrist. The names of Prince William, the son of the Spanish king Philip and even Obama, were heard. It is not the person that is important, it is important that after it comes, after a certain time, Christ will come and the Golden Age, the millennium of Christ, will come. Many will die as victims, many will die as martyrs, but many will survive and deserve happiness to see and greet Him. For then, those who wanted to be saved will be saved in His glory.
edit on 15-1-2019 by RussianTroll because: correct

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

There is simply no way to make any piece of information which exists in the internet, secure enough that it would be impossible for it to be accessed by someone other than those authorised to view it.

Oh it is most definitely not secure, I learnt the autoexec.bat trick in high school, who knows what the script kiddies nowadays are capable of.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join