It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Government Employees Working For Free is a Hyped-up LIE.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I can't figure out how come some people think they are being forced to work without pay? I have heard someone personally say that and I told them they will get paid, but they did not believe me because of what the news is saying.
This whole country is based on deceit, lying or distorting facts is happening everywhere and is accepted by people as normal. We have a major problem forming here, everything usually crumbles when that kind of thing happens.

The person you're referring to must not have been working in Federal Government during the 2013 shutdown.

And you're 100% correct about the level of deceit and hype that permeates the media and also, I might add, the people we elect to high office, along with corporate leaders.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

2 or 3 months with no income at all as a matter of course? I find that hard to believe.

Or are you talking about not getting paid on time by patients?

edit on 1/14/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   

The Federal Government has been Bloated with Useless Eaters over the last 8 Years under Obama . The President is trying to Rid these Vermin presently in Multiple Agencies from doing Any Future Harm to our National Security by the way of Sensitive Information Leaks and countless other forms of Criminal Behavior . The Longer this shutdown goes on , the better for the Country in the Long Run . I Completely Support the President in Insisting on Funding for a Border Wall from a Congress that Obviously does not Give a Rats Ahass about the American People as a Whole Anymore........(
edit on 14-1-2019 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I'm referring to being paid by insurance companies, and the Federal or State Government, for medical services performed.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   

The person you're referring to must not have been working in Federal Government during the 2013 shutdown.

Your source:

A single dad with no savings, he's prioritizing bills in case the shutdown goes on for weeks. He's already missed his monthly credit card payment and is late on the mortgage. He's stopped paying the trash bill and only shelled out the minimum to keep the water on. And he's holding off on buying clothes for his son, Salvatore.

articles.latimes.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Let Him get a " Real Job " then , the Free Lunch Time is Over !

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   

So, they are receiving income, and when paid by the government and/or insurance companies, it is a large payment. As professionals, they probably are not worried about covering month to month expenses.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I agree I don't think people ought to be playing this off as no big deal ... and I really dont understand the necessity to do so by eather side of the argument.

From a politically expedient point of view one could easily make the argument that this shutdown is the fault of their political rivals. Its Trump's fault because he threatened to shut down the government until congress appropriates money for a border wall ... or its congressional Democrats fault for not passing a bill that funds a boarder wall along with the rest of the government that is now closed.

Pick your side; take your talking points and accept that the government shutdown sucks for those few people who are missing their pay checks but are still required to work.

The real fault of this shutdown is a long time dysfunctional government that can not even do it's most basic of functions and fund itself. The "normal" process of needing a new spending bill every few months is juvenile and we really ought to be demanding better from our government. Sitting her and arguing about a boarder wall is just us enabling our bad government.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

President Trump has been reducing waste and theft inside government via agency-wide audits. Lots of money saved. Lots of employees arrested.

The results were so impressive, I started a thread on this in Sept 2018: www.abovetopsecret.com...

A recently completed audit finds that STATE governments are ripping off the Federal Government. Up to $60 Billion in fraudulent Medicaid charges alone!

Source: www.watchdog.org... 72c35.html

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

So, they are receiving income, and when paid by the government and/or insurance companies, it is a large payment. As professionals, they probably are not worried about covering month to month expenses.

ObamaCare has driven a lot of doctors out of private practice and into hospital-affiliated physician groups.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   
What ever happened to unemployment insurance? They can't receive that anymore?

Someones lying...

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

If you look at this from a broader perspective. The blame will be on trump and the GOP and people will remember

Well, trump did say he would happily shut it down, and happily own it!!

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: NightFlight

Are they unemployed?..I think not.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:55 PM
link   

It is too true..... TSA ,AIr Traffic Controllers, FBI and others are working but are not being paid.
Whats the point of denying this?

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
If you look at this from a broader perspective. The blame will be on trump and the GOP and people will remember; especially the people that had to wait and wait for their checks.

I disagree;

"The people" will remember what they want to remember.

That means Trump's base will remember the time Democrats shutdown the government instead of giving a rather cheap win to President Trump because they are petty and/or because they are seeking to grow their voter base through illegal immigration.

That means those who dislike Trump will remember the time Trump shutdown the government because he was throwing a hisyfit over a wall that was too costly and not effective at keeping out brown people that he hates.

The real question is how will the majority of independent minded people remember the shutdown?

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

🔯✨⭐🌟 These are all the star symbols in my emoji folder. Cuz ATS will only let me give you one.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: havok

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 09:06 PM
link   
The amount of apathy in this thread is concerning as well as the distortion of the situation.

They are 100% working without compensations. Did you not see the pay stubs with $0.00? Sure they MAY get the back pay at a future date (Trump has yet to sign the bill that just passed congress last week).

Getting back pay isnt the same as getting a pay check on time. I have above the average amount of savings for people in this country and still missing a couple of pay checks would be devastating to the point where would be worried about losing my housing if it continued much longer and its winter making it even worse.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

originally posted by: olaru12
If you look at this from a broader perspective. The blame will be on trump and the GOP and people will remember; especially the people that had to wait and wait for their checks.

The real question is how will the majority of independent minded people remember the shutdown?

To quote Trump,

“I am proud to shut down the government for border security, Chuck, because the people of this country don’t want criminals and people that have lots of problems and drugs pouring into our country. So I will take the mantle. I will be the one to shut it down. I’m not going to blame you for it…. I will take the mantle of shutting down.

White House Transcript

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 09:16 PM
link   
If I was a furloughed fed worker right now I would be at a resort in Mexico waiting on the Government to resume...

edit on 14-1-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join