It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Damming classified report on USS Fitzgerald collision released

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I've been out since late 94.

After reading that, all I have to ask is: WTF have they done to my Navy???

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful

I've been out since late 94.

After reading that, all I have to ask is: WTF have they done to my Navy???

Too many hurt feels, so now the navy seems to be more of a daycare if we're going by this story.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   

That's mind bending.

A ship without a Quartermasters CPO? How the Hell does that even happen, or be allowed to happen?

Lt(jg) "princess snowflake" needs to be out of the Navy. Along with every man and woman in the chain of command of that boat, senior enlisted as well.

Good God...

Loss of rank. Loss of pay. Everything.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen

But why all the pee everywhere?

Because they didn't have to poo...

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

You're not alone in asking that question, I'm sure...

I hope you're not, anyway. This is where some Congress-types should be spending their time. Not going after a President.

Armed Services committees should be holding public hearings--and people need to start losing stars and pensions. Not the the Ring knockers Association won't attempt to curtail that.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 09:38 PM
link   
WTF, over?! This reads like a work of fiction or a movie script. If I were next of kin I damn sure would want heads on a stake. I was in the Navy for 10 yrs, spent half my time when at sea in CIC, and everything onboard was done in strict professional manner with pride! Wow.

By the sounds of it this command was plagued by poor leadership or rather zero leadership for a long time and the worst to come was inevitable. Agree the CO & XO should spend their remaining days in Leavenworth but the investigation needs to climb much higher and really understand how this was allowed to happen for so long. I'm betting the answers are not pretty and will probably just be swept under the carpet. Need lessons learned preached on all to prevent another senseless tragedy!

This is really alarming because now I'm wondering was this just a one-off or are other ships about to suffer same fate?

Can't imagine what my shellback days would do to some snowflakes nowadays. I left the Navy just before Clinton & Co were allowing females on combat ships. Wow, how times have changed and unfortunately for the worse for some poor souls. RIP.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

The U.S. Navy , Pee All you can Pee ......

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I am so disgusted with this, it is depressing. I went into the Navy in 1969, and got out in 1977. We were professionals and had pride in what we did. Most of all, if any of our teams did anything like what is portrayed in this story, we would have taken it on personally and there would have been a few blanket parties before we notified any top brass. We had pride, and policed ourselves.

Pride, honor and respect were top-down. Those in command did not last long if they could not communicate that to all that served under them. What has happened to my Navy?
edit on 15-1-2019 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: ignorant_ape

I thought the same thing.
Take the bottle with you after your shift.

Maybe someone was disgusted at the state of things and wanted someone to "accidentally" notice and sound the alarm, because for whatever reason they felt they could not do it themselves.

For example they couldve been reluctant to tattle, especially to tattle on a female officer, for allowing these conditions to persist... Having females around changes everything.

Maybe his best friend is having a relationship with her so he couldnt be seen as being the one who blew the whistle on the conditions.

Also the article states there was a lack of communication on her part due to distrust. It's difficult to know for sure if gender played a role in fostering the environment of distrust. Also, obviously, distrust does not sound like a valid reason for lack of communication on a US Navy Ship.
edit on 1/15/2019 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Major yikes this is much worse than I thought, not at all a pretty picture! Hell this is down right disgraceful I’m astounished. What gets real scary is when this level of incompetence starts creeping into the boomer fleet, granted it would take a long while to reach that level with the higher “barrier to entry” and general morale among the silent service. Heads need to roll for sure, all the worse when you consider that great COs are getting their careers ruined over incredibly stupid and petty reasons such as not coming down too hard on crews drawing falices to break up monotonous duties. This does not bode well for the future of our military forces.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Things like this start at the top and work their way down. If ALL of the rot isn't cleaned out, it is just going to happen again. The Navy has had this problem for years and every time it comes up it has been handled the same way. Hammer somebody in the middle of the food chain, declare victory and move on.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

Things like this start at the top and work their way down. If ALL of the rot isn't cleaned out, it is just going to happen again. The Navy has had this problem for years and every time it comes up it has been handled the same way. Hammer somebody in the middle of the food chain, declare victory and move on.

Out of curiosity if you were in charge of rolling out displinary actioe at what level would you feel that punishments should start, and end?

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

Guess your not defending them on this one.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   

wow, this is really sad. But the bigger question is, is this an isolated incident, or are there other ships like this? Are there other crews like this? My son is about to leave for the USAF, I can only hope the training, leadership, and esprit-de-corps is close to when I was there in the 1990's.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   

To be honest I don't have access to the information needed to make that determination.

(post by tanstaafl removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

...and that has what, exactly, to do with the sheer incompetence displayed on this ship??

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: tanstaafl

...and that has what, exactly, to do with the sheer incompetence displayed on this ship??

Well, although I'm pretty sure you know quite well, sure I'll spell it out for you...

Did you miss the part about people being afraid to discipline or even complain about anyone else's behavior (especially the behavior of women, and I'm sure even more so of any LGBQTs) out of fear of one of the 'hot lines' being used to complain about the one doing the disciplining/complaining (and their subsequent loss of job/career/livelihood)?

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   

For a bunch of military guys, they sound like slobs.

I can not tolerate piss bottles. The rest sounds like the captain was on cruise control.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Guess your not defending them on this one.

Dude I don’t blindly defend, drawing dicks and this level of incompetence are so far from each other it’s not even funny so hop off it mate.
edit on 1/15/2019 by BigDave-AR because: Spelling

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join