It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Research The Soul Astral Travel Electromagnetics & Quantum Information Of Microtubules

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Recently due to some dreams about technology and the soul I decided to look around and behold it would appear scientists are doing research in search of the soul. I find it facinating and believe one day we may be able to control the function of the soul within the body.
What does ATS think?

Life after death: Soul continues on a QUANTUM level – scientists reveal
www.express.co.uk...
According to some well-respected scientists, quantum mechanics allows consciousness to live on following the body’s eventual demise.
While scientists are still unsure about what exactly consciousness is, the University of Arizona’s Stuart Hameroff and British physicist Sir Roger Penrose believes that it is merely information stored at a quantum level.
The duo say this process is called “Orchestrated Objective Reduction” (Orch-OR) and say it is evidence that protein-based microtubules – a structural component of human cells – carry quantum information – information stored at a sub-atomic level.

Scientists unlock mystery of out-of-body experiences (aka astral trips)
gizmodo.com...
Some people claim that they have experienced out-of-body experiences—aka "astral trips"—floating outside of their bodies and watching themselves from the outside. A team of scientists found someone who says she can do this at will and put her into a brain scanner. What they discovered was surprisingly strange.
Andra M. Smith and Claude Messierwere from the University of Ottawa described this subject's ability in their paper, published in Frontiers of Human Neuroscience:
She was able to see herself rotating in the air above her body, lying flat, and rolling along with the horizontal plane. She reported sometimes watching herself move from above but remained aware of her unmoving "real" body. The participant reported no particular emotions linked to the experience. How the hell is this possible? Can it be real? The researchers found that something dramatic, and consistent with her account, was happening in her brain: The fMRI showed a "strong deactivation of the visual cortex" while "activating the left side of several areas associated with kinesthetic imagery," which includes mental imagery of bodily movement. This is the part of the brain that makes it possible for us to interact with the world. It's what makes you feel where your body is in relation to the world.
This is the very first time that this type of experience has been analyzed and documented scientifically. Researchers know that out-of-body experiences can be induced "by brain traumas, sensory deprivation, near-death experiences, dissociative and psychedelic drugs, dehydration, sleep, and electrical stimulation of the brain, among others. It can also be deliberately induced by some." But this may be the first documented case of someone who can get into this state at will.

Life after death is REAL: Souls 'continue INDEFINITELY' when we die – HUGE breakthrough
www.dailystar.co.uk...
Oxford University’s world-renowned physicist Sir Roger Penrose has discovered the soul continues to exist after we die.
Known for his prize-winning work with Stephen Hawking on black holes, Penrose is regarded by many as one of the world’s most brilliant people for his contributions in cosmology and general relativity.
His incredible breakthrough is to view our brain as a biological computer and consciousness, also known as the soul, as a program running in the computer.
These microtubules live inside our brain's neutrons, storing and processing information and memory, and therefore orchestrating our soul.
The controversial theory sees the soul evading death, as even though microtubules in the brain lose their quantum state, they remain able to retain the information inside of them.
Aided by the University of Arizona's anaesthesiologist Dr Hameroff, the pair refer to this process as “Orchestrated Objective Reduction” (Orch-OR).
Dr. Hameroff elaborates: “Let’s say the heart stops beating, the blood stops flowing; the micro-tubules lose their quantum state.
“The quantum information within the micro-tubules is not destroyed, it can’t be destroyed, and it just distributes and dissipates to the universe at large.
2013 study by Japanese scientists added some proof to the theory by Penrose and Hameroff as researchers detected vibrations in the microtubules.
Penrose and Hameroff then proposed that by focusing brain stimulation on these vibrations one could conceivably “benefit a host of mental, neurological, and cognitive conditions.”

Darpa is exploring the convergence of biology electromagnetics for military communications and sensing.
idstch.com... tary-communications-sensing/

RadioBio
www.darpa.mil...
The RadioBio program aims to establish whether functional signaling via electromagnetic waves between biological cells exists and, if it does, to determine what mechanisms are involved and what information is being transferred. The program seeks to determine the validity of electromagnetic biosignaling claims and, where evidence exists, understand how the structure and function of these natural “antennas” are capable of generating and receiving information in a noisy, cluttered electromagnetic environment.

Chinese scientists go in search of the soul with world’s most powerful brain scanner
www.scmp.com...
While existing MRI scanners can only resonate hydrogen nuclei, at 14 tesla, the magnetic field would be strong enough to excite the nuclei of other, heavier elements.
Molecules containing sodium, phosphorus and potassium, for instance, play important roles in the transmission of electrochemical signals from one neuron to another.
“If we can make these elements resonate in the same manner of the hydrogen, the information we obtain will increase like ‘boom, boom, boom’,” said a Beijing-based physicist also involved in the project.
“We may for the first time capture a full picture of human consciousness or even the essence of life itself. Then we can define them and explain how they work in precise physical terms – just like Newton and Einstein defined and explained the universe,” he said.

At death quantum information within microtubules is dissipated to the Universe
rajarasablog.wordpress.com...
Dr Hameroff told the Science Channel’s Through the Wormhole documentary: “Let’s say the heart stops beating, the blood stops flowing, the microtubules lose their quantum state. The quantum information within the microtubules is not destroyed, it can’t be destroyed, it just distributes and dissipates to the universe at large”. Robert Lanza would add here that not only does it exist in the universe, it exists perhaps in another universe. If the patient is resuscitated, revived, this quantum information can go back into the microtubules and the patient says “I had a near death experience”

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

That's kinda a affirmation to do without proofs from these scientists.

But I do believe our consciousness exists independent of our brains.

I wouldn't call it soul, tho.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou

They claim to have proof in their experiments.
I have not looked over their data however they claim to have detected counsiousness within microtubules.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Here they are stating that they have some evidence:

2013 study by Japanese scientists added some proof to the theory by Penrose and Hameroff as researchers detected vibrations in the microtubules.
Penrose and Hameroff then proposed that by focusing brain stimulation on these vibrations one could conceivably “benefit a host of mental, neurological, and cognitive conditions.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Very skeptical of religious scientists and their claim of proof. They already exibit a havit of accepting things without proof, or at least claiming that something is proof that is really just their opinion.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
Here they are stating that they have some evidence:

Penrose and Hameroff then proposed that by focusing brain stimulation on these vibrations one could conceivably “benefit a host of mental, neurological, and cognitive conditions.

So Scientology is the true faith...if that don't just come as the surprise of the century then I don't know what would.

[SIDE NOTE] I better go get audited now and have one of their advisors walk me through the easiest way to turn all of my pensions, investments, and belongings into immediate liquid cash. I hear auditing all the way to heaven costs a pretty penny...even Tom Cruise ain't there yet (according to Leah Remini who says her mother is an OT-VIII and Cruisey boy a V) and he has got nine figures to work with! This is stressful news indeed then, this whole discovery of Thetans as it seems.

PS. In reality I think the layman, most of us that is ther than those with very precise specific professional focus in related areas, take these discoveries and use a very abstract way of imagining the implications which could be accurate or could be just night and day from the actual meaning of the conclusions. I do indeed think it is all related to the question of life after death and consciousness but I don't think anyone but a specific few have a solid sense of the meaning of these results (and even they I bet are a century or two from arriving at the point their results yield anything meaningful enough to answer these existential questions of life any more than we can now... which is really no closer than the people of 1019 AD, of 19 AD, or even 3000 BC. 10,000 BC maybe there's a chance they knew what happened after this segment of cycle completed if it is indeed a cycle and not an independent line segment but...)
edit on 1/14/2019 by AlexandrosTheGreat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Very skeptical of religious scientists and their claim of proof. They already exibit a havit of accepting things without proof, or at least claiming that something is proof that is really just their opinion.

I feel the same way about the cult of "Global Warming". If you come in with a bias....

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

originally posted by: vinifalou

They claim to have proof in their experiments.
I have not looked over their data however they claim to have detected counsiousness within microtubules.

Actually, they are claiming they are detecting 'something - they are calling it information' continues to exist within the quantum state after death.
edit on 01CST01America/Chicago05510131 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   
You might enjoy reading Quantum Physics Near Death Experiences William Bray (not his real name I heard)
You can skim the science and jump into 30% or so in. mine is edition 2 I think someplace to read free online and I remember there was a thread here many years ago.

2 Corinthians 5 Contemporary English Version (CEV) 5

Our bodies are like tents that we live in here on earth. But when these tents are destroyed, we know that God will give each of us a place to live. These homes will not be buildings that someone has made, but they are in heaven and will last forever.
2 While we are here on earth, we sigh because we want to live in that heavenly home.

3 We want to put it on like clothes and not be naked. 4 These tents we now live in are like a heavy burden, and we groan. But we don’t do this just because we want to leave these bodies that will die. It is because we want to change them for bodies that will never die.

5 God is the one who makes all of this possible. He has given us his Spirit to make us certain that he will do it. 6 So always be cheerful! As long as we are in these bodies, we are away from the Lord.

7 But we live by faith, not by what we see. 8 We should be cheerful, because we would rather leave these bodies and be at home with the Lord. 9 But whether we are at home with the Lord or away from him, we still try our best to please him.

10 After all, Christ will judge each of us for the good or the bad that we do while living in these bodies.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Thanks for the articles, very interesting. The way the wording of ‘antenna’ resonates with what’s going on in the TTSA and other consciousness threads. Research in the area is really ramping up with new studies and theories being proposed every month or two it seems.

The subject’s account sounds very relatable, as does the vibrations of the tubules. Whether this is perceptable we can only guess but OBEs are usually accompanied by cranial stimulation and vibration. OBEing at will is impressive.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Penrose et al beg the question of what consciousnesss is by trying to reduce it to something physical. Such scientists are the ultimate materialists , although their thinking is heavily disguised under layers of technical jargon and quantum metaphors that fool you into believing that they are not. They are not trying to break the scientific paradigm that consciousness is matter in motion and confined inside the human brain. For them, it is STILL something physical, so that they have not really broken out of this mental straight-jacket.

The honest truth is that few theoretical physicists take seriously his ideas about consciousness. The only people who do are science journalists looking for an article that his name and research association with Hawking will sell for them.

No, consciousness cannot be reduced to anything, let along quantum processes in the brain. It is not a "thing" with parts whose behaviours collectively generate global perception. Consciousness is irreducible. It is not collapsing quantum wave functions. It has seven differentiations, each further made up of seven distinct, fundamental, irreducible levels of awareness that bear a formal correspondence with the seven Sephiroth of Construction of the Kabbalistic Tree of Life (Etz Chayim), the cosmic blueprint for all things. Science in its present state does not have the concepts to be able to explain consciousness. Instead, scientists make the philosophical error of trying to understand what consciousness is - as though it were some phenomenon or "object" that can be analysed into its working parts like cogs and levers in a machine. The only reason Penrose is interested in understanding consciousness is his belief that it needs to be included in some way in the equations of quantum mechanics as an ingredient of the much-sought "theory of everything." But consciousness is not an epiphenomenon ultimately caused by physical matter - even on a quantum level. Rather, matter is a particular condition of universal consciousness (one of seven possible kinds).
edit on 14-1-2019 by micpsi because: Typo corrected.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   
These scientists obviously missed science day in school. I feel like I should dole out some advice here. As soon a someone starts sprinkling their publications with the word proof you can rest assured that they are not actually using science for their research. Hang out with the scientific community and you will notice that they never use the word proof. Confidence in the accuracy of a hypothesis is determined by a foundation of strong evidence that is repeatable by other methods and has been tested by other parties. The probable accuracy of a hypothesis may increase or decrease depending on the continued addition of new tested evidence but a hypothesis does not get "proven". If you do not understand this fundamental aspect of science then you do not understand science at all.

These guys claim to have figured out how the soul works with a single non-reviewed experimental method when there isn't even evidence that the soul exists that would stand up to scientific process.

Unlike religion, in science there are actual mathematical tools and other standards (such as 5 Sigma) for determining the probable accuracy of an experimental result. If you are interested in learning how to avoid shamsters such as the ones in the OP I recommend you look up the definition of science.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: micpsi

I like what you said better.
And it doesn't mention transcendental
Mefitation, Jungian active imagination of
Ways of doing it, they make it look like you need to be a one off payment or nearly die.

Scientists are as bad as journalists and politicians

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: micpsi

I like what you said better.
And it doesn't mention transcendental
Mefitation, Jungian active imagination of
Ways of doing it, they make it look like you need to be a one off payment or nearly die.

Scientists are as bad as journalists and politicians

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: CraftBuilder

Yeah these idiots should just give up. The vibrations in microtubules arent interesting at all! They probably just detected a fart and haven't realized it yet! Morons...

Real scientists dont use the word "proof" and since the word "proof" was used once in the OP...

In fact I'm gonna go to a well known quotation website and type in names of famous scientists and do a "find on page" search for the word "proof" just so I can feel the satisfaction of knowing how right I am!

edit on 1/15/2019 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Well first issue is the following - go to the original papers... The Express is certainly NOT a good source, 90% of their articles contain only 10% truth, they stretch lie and fabricate constantly, and reduce their credibility in the eyes of anyone who can actually engage in critical thought.

The other sources also are somewhat similar in their sensationalism and the message isn't coherently the same.

The other thing about people looking at astral projection or outer body experiences, they seem not to have read anything about the so called God Helmet, that, via the use of magnets can induce the same effect... not only that there are far too many self professed experts on the subject who are busy confusing philosophy with physics and instrumentation. They sound far too much like Electric Universe people where they see something... say referring to how magnetic fields have been detected through polarization measurements around active galactic nuclei... and then they say "AH this proves gravity is all a electromagnetic effect... it holds the galaxy together"

Its like... how exactly do you come to that conclusion?

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   
The search for councisness and the soul is it seems a contraversal topic however that is not stopping scientists from searching for the elusive goal of knowledge and understanding ourselves and the universe.

It interests me that China in particular is planning on building the most powerful MRI ever made to scan peoples brains and bodies. The Chinese seem to be taking this field of study seriously.

The technology, known as magnetic resonance imaging, can also help study or diagnose neurodegenerative conditions including Parkinson’s disease and Alzheimer’s.

Generally, hospital MRI scanners generate between 1.5 and three tesla – the unit of magnetic strength named after the Serbian-American physicist Nikola Tesla – although more powerful machines generating up to 11 tesla have been built in the US and Europe. The new Chinese device could generate up to 14 tesla.
While existing MRI scanners can only resonate hydrogen nuclei, at 14 tesla, the magnetic field would be strong enough to excite the nuclei of other, heavier elements.

Molecules containing sodium, phosphorus and potassium, for instance, play important roles in the transmission of electrochemical signals from one neuron to another.

“If we can make these elements resonate in the same manner of the hydrogen, the information we obtain will increase like ‘boom, boom, boom’,” said a Beijing-based physicist also involved in the project.

“We may for the first time capture a full picture of human consciousness or even the essence of life itself. Then we can define them and explain how they work in precise physical terms – just like Newton and Einstein defined and explained the universe,” he said.
The cell body of a neuron has a diameter of four to 100 micrometres. The most powerful MRI machines today cannot see objects smaller than 1mm (1,000 micrometres) in diameter, but the resolution of the new device in Shenzhen will be up to one micrometre, the researcher said.

Scientists involved in the project are excited not only because of the new potential discoveries that could be made by the device, but also for the technical challenge ahead.

new topics

top topics

join