It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The oldest university in the United States begins to study Russian trolls

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   
One of the oldest American universities, Georgetown University, introduced a course on the study of the "Russian hybrid threat." The university’s website says that students can learn from it how Russia leads an undeclared war with the West.

The information is contained on the site-aggregator, where courses from various educational institutions are presented. The course will begin in the spring of 2019.

Students will be told about how Moscow "set its sights on American society." In addition, the authors of the course accuse the Kremlin of interfering in the affairs of other countries - in particular, in cyber attacks on Estonia in 2007, the invasion of Georgia in 2008, the impact on US elections in 2016.

"Cyber ​​attack against Estonia in 2007 and the invasion of Georgia in 2008, the annexation of the Crimea in 2014. Bots, trolls and information operations. Manipulation, influence and denial." Illegals, "patriotic hackers" and "little green men." Oligarchs, compatriots and useful fools. After the elections in the United States in 2016, awareness of the new way of warfare by the Kremlin and how it focuses on our society and citizens has increased, ”the course description says.

Among the key topics covered by teachers in the framework of the new discipline will be considered "Russian trolls" and information operations that they conduct.

From 2019, my activities at the ATS, as a Russian Troll, will now be studied under a magnifying glass and taught to American students. I am afraid that such close attention to my person will cause a great psychological trauma in me. As a result, I will have to go to medical facilities. And since my activity at the ATS will be studied for free, I will be forced to organize crowdfunding in order to pay for these services. The Russians have a proverb: "From the world on a thread - a naked shirt"))) I am joking of course. I am ready to share for free with American students any methods of Russian trolling: from recruiting people to capturing Galaxies)))

And here is my first gift to Georgetown University. As a result of discussions on the ATS with some opponents, I can show the main reason for the disputes with me. This document, of course, can be called "Kremlin propaganda", but this is an archival photo of 1941 from the territory of the USSR occupied by the Nazi troops. Notice the inscription in chalk on the blackboard. In Russia, the archives are very extensive, and the Russians remember everything.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Right in plain sight.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Hybrid warfare is an interesting subject though. At least it's good to have civilians studying it, and not just the military. I don't know if there course will be good.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

you are a funny russian!
i'm a huge tarkowski fan. stalker is one of my all time favorite movies. i like the culture, the nature, will travell to sibiria one day. but i still don't trust putin and his gang. you?

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll

"Cyber ​​attack against Estonia in 2007 and the invasion of Georgia in 2008, the annexation of the Crimea in 2014. Bots, trolls and information operations. Manipulation, influence and denial." Illegals, "patriotic hackers" and "little green men." Oligarchs, compatriots and useful fools. After the elections in the United States in 2016, awareness of the new way of warfare by the Kremlin and how it focuses on our society and citizens has increased, ”the course description says.

I hope you are not one of these "little green men."

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo
a reply to: RussianTroll

you are a funny russian!
i'm a huge tarkowski fan. stalker is one of my all time favorite movies. i like the culture, the nature, will travell to sibiria one day. but i still don't trust putin and his gang. you?

Trust, my friend, can not be anyone. Sometimes even to myself)))

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: toms54

originally posted by: RussianTroll

I hope you are not one of these "little green men."

If Putin orders, I will become even a green, even a rosy little man, and even an inhuman)))

(post by Ethernit0879 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

join