It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When or How will the shutdown end part II

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I recently wrote:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Will it be a false flag event that triggers something. I keep hearing two things that sound very scary. TSA isn't property staffed, and also that if there is an medical outbreak "something" could happen. Are they already preparing us for the worst?

Now today I read this:

www.tmj4.com... 1T6X9TymzW4MGTD5vl_4rkN_6kgi7s

"Passenger carries firearm through TSA screening at Atlanta onto Delta flight"

Will the POTUS declare a national emergency without something triggering it first....
We'll wait and see

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
I recently wrote:

Will it be a false flag event that triggers something. I keep hearing two things that sound very scary. TSA isn't property staffed, and also that if there is an medical outbreak "something" could happen. Are they already preparing us for the worst?

Now today I read this:

Will the POTUS declare a national emergency without something triggering it first....
We'll wait and see

What will probably trigger it is when people figure out that about a million Federal employees are not getting paid while the large part of 21 million illegal immigrants that are on welfare are getting paid.

The political will for Democrats will dry up rather quickly after that.

Doubt it will be a false flag... that's what Progressives do.

Trump is a lot of things, good and bad.. but he's not a Progressive.

That's why the pushback to his Presidency.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Except that illegals are not eligible for welfare.

The 1996 welfare law created two categories of immigrants for benefits eligibility purposes: “qualified” and “not qualified.” Contrary to what these names suggest, the law excluded most people in both groups from eligibility for many benefits, with a few exceptions. The “qualified” immigrant category includes:

lawful permanent residents, or LPRs (people with green cards)
refugees, people granted asylum or withholding of deportation/removal, and conditional entrants
people granted parole by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) for a period of at least one year
Cuban and Haitian entrants
certain abused immigrants, their children, and/or their parents
certain survivors of trafficking
All other immigrants, including undocumented immigrants, as well as many people who are lawfully present in the U.S., are considered “not qualified.”

www.nilc.org...

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Speedtek

Are you that naive or just disengenuous? What do they need to get on welfare? A drivers license? Well they are allowed to get issued drivers licenses. Why don't you do an audit to see if someone who is not here legally can get on welfare? I promise you that can't easily.

Jaden

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

It could also be the usual media game to stoke fear.

Most people aren't missing the 800,000. Really, think about it. Are you or does your life mostly go right on?

So in order to up the pressure from us regular folk who don't need the government in our lives, we have to be fed a regular diet of scary stuff in order to be afraid, be very, very afraid that they aren't doing whatever it is they do.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Speedtek

The 1996 welfare law created two categories of immigrants for benefits eligibility purposes: “qualified” and “not qualified.” Contrary to what these names suggest, the law excluded most people in both groups from eligibility for many benefits, with a few exceptions. The “qualified” immigrant category includes:

refugees, people granted asylum or withholding of deportation/removal, and conditional entrants
people granted parole by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) for a period of at least one year
All other immigrants, including undocumented immigrants, as well as many people who are lawfully present in the U.S., are considered “not qualified.”

www.nilc.org...

I guess you've never heard of identity theft. Millions of Americans get hit with it every year. Selling identities is big business. I was hit with it about 15 years ago and it took almost a year to get it all made right.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 08:09 PM
link   

www.nilc.org...

I've never understood why people are so stupid regarding this subject.

Illegals are not eligible for welfare.

Criminals are not allowed to have guns.

Murder is illegal, so it doesn't happen.

Let me introduce you to reality, where to work as an illegal immigrant you need to steal a social security number and an identity.

You can generally buy them for about $200 in San Antonio.

Once you do that, you enroll into the welfare system.

Then away you go.

What part of illegal immigrant did you not understand?

It is ABUSE of the system that is the problem... and yes of course illegals are not eligible for welfare you dumbass.

/facepalm

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

www.nilc.org...

I've never understood why people are so stupid regarding this subject.

Illegals are not eligible for welfare.

Criminals are not allowed to have guns.

Murder is illegal, so it doesn't happen.

Let me introduce you to reality, where to work as an illegal immigrant you need to steal a social security number and an identity.

You can generally buy them for about $200 in San Antonio.

Once you do that, you enroll into the welfare system.

Then away you go.

What part of illegal immigrant did you not understand?

It is ABUSE of the system that is the problem... and yes of course illegals are not eligible for welfare you dumbass.

/facepalm

Rather than having a logical debate, you resort to calling people 'dumbass'? Its asses like you that have ruined what ATS used to be. Have a good day... dumbass.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Congratulations. You called each other dumbass. Now, why don't you address the content of the post?

Illegals are not eligible for welfare but that doesn't stop them from getting it. They aren't allowed to vote in US elections either but they do it anyway. They aren't allowed to work in this country but they do it anyway.

I agree with the earlier assessment. Either you are being very naive or just plain disingenuous. Making something illegal does nothing to prevent it from happening. It only provides a reason to prosecute after the fact. That is the problem with legislation based deterrents. Making something illegal does not stop people from doing it. In fact, it serves no purpose whatsoever until after the person is caught, IF they get caught. Outside of the scope of prosecution these laws have absolutely no meaning or impact on behavior to a criminal element.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Sometime someone needs to be reminded that they are in fact a dumbass. Lumenari explained quite eloquently why you are a dumbass with logical debate issues and your retort is to call her a dumbass. Quite the master debater.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: SammyB0476

Sometime someone needs to be reminded that they are in fact a dumbass. Lumenari explained quite eloquently why you are a dumbass with logical debate issues and your retort is to call her a dumbass. Quite the master debater.

Yeah, well, I sank to her level. Regardless, I posted a sourced response - and I get hyperbole and called a name - deny ignorance!
edit on 14-1-2019 by Speedtek because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   

www.nilc.org...

the liberal Courts make their own Laws from the bench and the lower jurisdictions comply until the SCOTUS intervenes

how else the sanctuary cities/illegal migrant voting access/ open borders - 3 items which were against prevailing Laws already on-the-books

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
I recently wrote:

Now today I read this:

We'll wait and see

My money is on Congress ending it, overriding Trump. They've managed to come to some sort of agreement several times; at this point it only takes pressure on both houses to get it through and past Trump. My bet is that there will be added funds for border security but nothing for a wall.

The House will be voting later this week on stopgap measures to reopen departments. The measure seems to be bipartisan in nature

top topics

join