It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange footage of 'beams' of some kind appearing from Saturn

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   
That's not the headline of the blog or youtube I'll be sharing here, they are:
Unknown laser beams being fired from Saturn into deep space!
and
SATURN SHOOTIN LASER BEAMS!???))" MARS,SATURN,MOON
...but if I use them as a title some joker troll will reply "Your title is too dramatic" or whatever.
So, disclaimer out of the way, on to this odd bit of film captured by an amateur telescope enthusiast, allegedly.
Source blog

Paula Gilley has been watching the skies for quite some time looking for anomalies in the skies, besides she is watching and monitoring the Moon, Sun and other planets with her telescope.

On September 11, 2018 at 6.59pm while monitoring Saturn Paula saw something she had never seen before, more precisely, the recording shows unknown laser beams coming from Saturn.

This is the youtube, fast forward to the 2:55 mark:
So ATS, what do you think? Hoax? Light effect? Something else?
I have an open mind for everything, I'm pretty much agnostic in much of my life though. It is an interesting bit of footage though, and if I was watching Saturn with a telescope seeing something like that then it would certainly surprise me.

Oh and don't bother trying to make out I'm some blind believer of blogs and youtubes, I'm not, just stumbled across this and thought it would be an interesting discussion with fellow open minded folk. The source is unknown of course, I know nothing about the woman who filmed it, but any thoughts welcome from anyone else who finds it intriguing.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Well they must be huge to be seen from here.

If it's true I'm sure there'll be lots of videos and photos from amateurs astronomers all around the world.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Saturn is some enigma. It turns up in astrological myth more than it should. We have a lot to learn about this planet.

Thank you for video. Will watch now..

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Intresting.. by the music she picked up for this .. SERIOUSLY ! It shouts out " i did some editing and had time to find this relaxing music to this, I had time working on this video, i had time.. to make all pretty " HOAX

Take a look what all she has seen... she has been very busy seeing...
edit on 13-1-2019 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou
If it's true I'm sure there'll be lots of videos and photos from amateurs astronomers all around the world.
That was my first thought, but could she have just been lucky? Do amateurs or organisations have a 24/7 observation of Saturn? Is someone looking and filming it through a telescope at any given time of the day?
If so definitely hoax, but if not...

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

Agreed, Saturn and humans have history

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Very strange. Could it be some kind of refraction. Where do the laser beams go to..

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka
Haha I thought the same about the music!

...I hadn't thought of looking at her other videos, doh! I'll go check them out now.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   

When the sun is setting just right it filters light in a bizarre way through the woods in the back of my house. They appear to look just like laser beams/ streaks of light. In my yard it makes sense because the trees would cause the shape of the lights, I'm not so sure what could be doing it in the video. Cool video though

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Indistinct at a distance. I saw no "laser beams" in that video. Some OK music, I guess, but I don't take this video seriously at all. Sounds like they were just having some fun. Not worth any further study.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   
In the vacuum of space, there is nothing to make a laser beam visible unless it's shining directly into the camera or eyes.

And yes, there's pretty much 24/7 coverage of the sky by amateur astronomers around the world. They love discovering anything new or unusual.
edit on 13-1-2019 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

If they are based on Saturn and firing outbound then I would be inclined to think they are poor CGI as they move position across the surface of the planet, which makes me think the video is infering incoming and then I wonder what vehicle has the capacity to fire at both edges of a planet across 116,464 km, not sure that ever would be feasible, thats ridiculously huge, and how far away is that potential vehicle as its not even in veiw, I would bet any such vehicle of that size would be spotted by the same amateurs and NASA easily.

It cant be what we are thinking in Alien vehicle, if it is with that perceived power they will be here whenever THEY want.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I've seen this before not so long back. Weird goings on.

Saturn looks like a big eye in space.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   
The cameras sensors are failing. Whoever took the ideo needs to invest in a new camera. Once the sensors start to go decent pictures become impossible. She will find more and more that light sources will cause the sensors to go crazy.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Astronomers now use lasers to focus the telescopes they look at stars and planets with. The lasers check atmospherics and adjust the focusing with a computer. She caught lasers checking the atmosphere so that astronomers could look at Saturn.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Looks more like a laser being pointed at Saturn than comming from Saturn look at the movement

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Strange footage of 'beams' of some kind appearing from Saturn

BS.

It was edited.

Use Hue/Saturatution and set to master 100+ and 100-.

Here's the unedited version.

Here's the EDITED version.

It's a hoax.

edit on 13-1-2019 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   
People doing this stuff with planets, moons and space often forget the size of the objects and resolutions they are dealing with.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Or, they know their audience.

new topics

top topics

join