It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside The Bird Box... deep inside

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   

This video is really funny.... you should watch it the whole way through...

And i'm not white or black... so there...

And the narrator didn't mention 'Jesus' but i see something similar with John Malkovich's character!

I also didn't want to say too much about the video as it's best to watch it... I dare you not to laugh.
edit on CSTSun, 13 Jan 2019 09:24:39 -06000000003109x039x0 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I haven't seen it yet but all my friends are talking about it. Is it worth my time?

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

We watched it on Netflix last night.
It was sort of an odd premise at first.
But it definitely gets suspenseful.
Check it out for sure

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Oh and that washed up rapper MGK is in it.
He gets to have sex with the only good looking girl there. Then he proceeds to be a scum bag and steals something the group needs with his new found love.
Thankfully that’s the last we see of him.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Is it any good?

Somehow, running around with blindfolds looks silly.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I thought this movie was a re hash of a bunch of other movies and I didn’t like it. I don’t think it lives up to all the praise it gets I would go into why but by doing so I would be spoiling a lot of the movie.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   
i heard it sucks

i have netflix so i am sure i will get to it at some point

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   
It was okay, nothing special.

It seemed to me like a mash-up between The Mist and A Quiet Place, or maybe The Happening.

Not bad, but not original or anything to write home about either.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Ya it is.
At first I was a bit sceptical about it.
But after I got over my own bs, we really enjoyed it.
Watch it.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Depends if ur into apoc movies.
It deters from the standard zombie end of the world theme or anything else that I’ve seen.
Which is why I liked it so much.
It was a theme of something I haven’t seen before.
Just watch it.
It’s sunday afternoon. You can hang out on ATS and watch BirdBox at the same time.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Spoilers kinda

It’s a pretty good movie. I like this guys reviews. His channel is hilarious. But i think he is reaching a little far on this one. There are some things to point out in this flick, but I disagree with almost all of his points.

Netflix is definitely making a lot of movies and series that cater to some leftist views, but in my opinion, the world could use more bad ass female characters to look up to. I think they miss the mark sometimes with the writing and casting though. I did notice that The black guy that worked at the supermarket acted out of character when he sacrificed himself that way. That was just stupid, and i think he would have found a better way. Sacrifices are a noble act, but senseless sacrifice is just stupid and doesn’t give the viewer the same feeling.

I liked john Malcovich’s character too. They def make him out as a trump supporter, even throwing in a “make the apocalypse great again”joke. To the outward and obvious dismay of the two black guys, who are squarely framed in the next shot, as if this is a racist jab at them.

I thought Sandra’s character was believable. You’re not really supposed to sympathize with her fully, even though she’s making good decisions, it is portrayed that her motivation for making them is her guilty conscience. I think that is a common motivator for a lot of people, and that it is rarely pointed out. It’s not really the same as an anti-hero.

Other shows from netflix, like Super girl for example, are just bad all around. Brie larson, although beautiful and charming, plays this character flat. The writing is terrible. The dialogue is worse. And her performance is like she is making fun of herself. Not to mention the obvious #waytoofarleft tropes sprinkled all through it.

edit on 13-1-2019 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   
You've all got it wrong except 'woodcarver'

this thread is about the conspiratorial side... or more exactly, the left side pushing their agendas!

The video in the op is explaining what is going on

Maybe the MOD'S can move this thread to a more appropiate one?

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
It was okay, nothing special.

It seemed to me like a mash-up between The Mist and A Quiet Place, or maybe The Happening.

Not bad, but not original or anything to write home about either.

You nailed it.

We watched it last night... was a decent watch but not worth a rewatch.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   
We saw it the other day and I'll not need to watch it again. Its a scary thought to be faced with what those folks were faced with and I'd rather not think about it. It was at least interesting enough that I made it all the way through.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   
My wife and I saw that movie. It was stupid, so stupid that the only reason we continued to watch it was to see if it would stay at the same level of stupid or get stupider. It only got stupider.

I wondered why this movie was even made. The narrator of this video says he is not sure why, maybe it was just that the writers were stupider than before, maybe audiences are stupider and maybe both. I go with that one, both.

I watched the video for only about 5 minutes and the anti-leftist bias was clearly stated. By calling this marvel of ridiculous movie making ''propaganda'' for me was giving it to much credit.

In movies it is now almost a requirement that the view have the ability to '' suspend disbelief'', that is the ability to just go with it. Most often this is a simple enough requirement to allow the viewer to place themselves in the ''what if'' frame of mind. This movie asks not only that suspension of disbelief but goes further and requires the viewer to completely shut off their minds, to abandon any ability at rational thought and comprehension.

And besides all of that, the movie is boring as well. Boring and very perdictable. And in the end some how they manage to arrive at Shangra La.

So to the video, the notion that this movie even deserves a critique is questionable once we get past the stupidness of it. To then go further and spend all the time the narrator spend on making his video to me speaks more to his own biases and fantasies than the supposed leftist propaganda he sees in the move.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Good post but it wasn't really anti-leftist... it's more just showing what the left are trying to drill into everyone using TV, film and media... a brainwashing tool if you will.

I didn't think the film was anti-white whe i watched it but after watching the vid in the op, i suppose it does come across as such but i just found the video funny and when you see it like the narrator see's it, you begin saying oh yeah..

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Yeah, I see your point. I just thought the movie was plain stupid. It's not easy to see clearly past the rhetoric of the right of the left these days. Both seem so, ah, complete in their description of the faults and over reach of the ''other side''. From some of your post I gather you have noticed this as well.

I did have to laugh at the ending of the movie though. After traversing who knows how many miles of river passage, rapids and all(I was a river rafter in my youth and know how torturous it can be, to just somehow land at the right place and then make it through the forest to find a Shangra La of blind people all sitting around as if they were in some la la land was just ludicrous.

I think that I am tired as snip about the message I did see in the movie. That message was neither left nor right. It is the message that we must give our all, all we can give, be all that we can be, never give up, give 110 percent and we will be successful in whatever endeavor we strive for. This message is delivered by all the stars in Hollywood and all the pro athletes and all the famous singers and is a load of crap. If you fail it is because you didn't try hard enough. No taking into account all of the faults within the system one is trying to be a success in. Right, row a small boat down a river while blind and then be a success. I just thought that movie was stupid, Can you tell?

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Although not overtly so, I was left with the feeling that the entire movie was political commentary.

... and just as stupid.

LOL

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I can tell you didn't quite ike what you saw.

I wasn't going to watch the film as I thought the trailor for it just wasn't very good and my first thoughts was 'is this an M Night Shyamalan film' because it seemed his trademark type like 'the happening' and after a few mins I thought 'this is the happening... happening all over again'

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Ok, since my question is related to the topic at hand I'll try asking here. The first time I heard about this movie was thanks to this article right here:

www.theroot.com...

I hate that site but I do frequent their sister site, kotaku, and I unfortunately fall for the click-bait links they recommend from time to time. Ever since I saw that article I decided to just skip this movie, but I keep hearing people talk about it at work.

Is their article accurate in it's description, or are they just seeing what they want to see?? Keep in mind, these are the people that wrote the "blacks can't be racist" article, so I'm hoping it's just their idiotic interpretation.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join