It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deflation has just begun, prepare for true asset values, major correction coming

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Options traders are going to have a good week next week if the central banks don't continue to inflate the massive massive stock market bubble we currently have. If you have a pension or 401k right now and you don't manage it I would contact your union reps.

Apple supplier Skyworks cuts revenue guidance

Skyworks Solutions Inc. (SWKS - Get Report) , a supplier to Apple Inc. (AAPL - Get Report) , lowered its fiscal first-quarter revenue and profit guidance, citing a weakening smartphone market. Skyworks, which makes high-performance analog semiconductors, said it now expects revenue of about $970 million, compared a prior guidance between $1 billion and $1.02 billion, and earnings per share in the range of $1.81 to $1.84, compared to prior guidance of $1.91, the company said in a press release.

So the fallout from Apple and Samsung is just starting to begin. There is a reason why I specifically highlight these 2 companies as major indicator's on health of the consumer market. Everyone loves their phones.

Now, I am just going to list the companies with margin cuts

Danske Bank
Macy's
American Airlines
Australia 's Costa Group
Next (UK)
Constellation Brands
Ford, Bed Bath and Beyond, Tesla, Sears
Europe Retail Apocalypse Spreads to Ecommerce

Ok. You guys starting to catch my drift here yet? If you are a bull in 2019 you are going to get crushed. This is just the beginning of a return to true asset values. Wait until the pension crisis hits after the DOW finishes it's correction.

Options, options, options.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Close the Dow Down!

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

or learn options trading that's what I'm doing

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   
We only have around thirty grand worth of stock in the market left, everything else is in insured accounts at banks. It would hurt a little if the market tumbled but not too much. The stock we have was worth around forty grand last year. AT&T sure took a beating

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Already ready as best as can be.

Swapped all my stocks for bonds /tbills back in October.

Better to make almost nothing than lose 40%

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

btw you called it as well, good call

and I am more into options as I don't have enough capital for that currently but I am still learning so I'm not making big calls/ puts yet
edit on 12-1-2019 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I think this will be great for crypto as it might be seen as a hedge against fiat currency and stocks.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Slickinfinity

maybe XRP but Andreas Ant. opoapopolous or whatever his name has been coming out against BTC lately

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 03:31 PM
link   

They may be onto something:

www.deagel.com...

Throwing a bit more into food and metals.

edit on 12-1-2019 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slickinfinity
I think this will be great for crypto as it might be seen as a hedge against fiat currency and stocks.

All currency is fiat including crypto.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

Close the Dow Down!

No more FIAT!

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I knew from the title this would be your thread spreading more financial doom a gloom. You never offer solutions just more BS. What do you propose we do about it as individuals? Do you have any ideas to actually address the problems you see or are you just being Chicken Little?

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I couldn't care less what you do with it as individuals if you can't figure out what to do with the data it's not my problem

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I knew from the title this would be your thread spreading more financial doom a gloom. You never offer solutions just more BS. What do you propose we do about it as individuals? Do you have any ideas to actually address the problems you see or are you just being Chicken Little?

I would recommend preparing. Buy food and necessities first, then maybe some metals (gold, silver, brass, copper jacketed lead, etc.)

I moved my 401K out of stocks and into bonds in 2007 and didn't lose crap in the 2008 collapse. There are numerous indicators and the same "chickens" that squawked in 2007 are squawking again.

Will there be a crash... maybe, maybe not. It is up to each individual to decide based on available information. The MSM will not give you the information. In 2008 they were telling us how strong the stock market was and to BUY more.

ATS and following leads and sources saved my butt in 2008.... and maybe not that many people know how close to disaster we actually were then but I remember.

Better safe than sorry is my world view.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 12-1-2019 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

I couldn't care less what you do with it as individuals if you can't figure out what to do with the data it's not my problem

So your thread has no point, as usual, and is just to sow th seeds of discord and unhappiness. Without actionable intel and solutions your thread is useless and the same thing we have seen from you 2-3 times a week.

I don’t disagree that in the long run our financial system is in trouble, but why not enjoy life with the people you care about instead of focusing on negativity over and over again? You keep posting the same crap, different day.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   

if you don't know what to do with the data it's not my problem figure it out for yourself

get an education or something

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Slickinfinity

All currency is fiat including crypto.

Fiat requires decree by government. All known fiat currencies are inherently inflationary due to the global fractional reserve system. It is a way for globalist to scale global currency without the destruction of any one currency.

It's genius really, but it won't work forever. It can't. Crypto, on the other hand, is traded in an unregulated market. It doesnt get more independent than that.

Edit:

Crypto currencies are finite as well. There will only ever be 21 million BTC.
edit on 12 1 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Crypto, on the other hand, is traded in an unregulated market. It doesnt get more independent than that.

It's still fiat, it has no intrinsic value.

edit on 12-1-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Husband follows the advice of a local money guy who has so far weathered every downturn successfully. We lose some, but not more than we can afford to. So we will see how good he is this time. We pay attention.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

what's he saying if you don't mind me asking?

PMs and cash?

<<   2  3  4 >>

join