It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Killed Rafik Hariri?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   
The 300 kg car bomb that killed former Lebanese PM Rafik Hariri in Beirut last week is being widely blamed on Syria.

The Bush Administration, cheered on by Israel, accused Syria of `terrorism,’ withdrew its ambassador, and all but threatened Damascus with war.

A Syrian role in the crime defies logic, though not possibility.

Hariri dealt comfortably with Syria for years. Though reportedly privately against the continued presence of 15,000 Syrian "peacekeeping" troops in Lebanon, Hariri was not a major threat to Damascus and kept mum about their troops presence.

Suspicion points at Lebanon’s far rightist, anti-Syrian Maronites; Israel’s Mossad; or Syrian or Lebanese Islamists. All had interest in destabilizing Lebanon and hurting Syria. Other suspects: rogue elements from one of Syria’s many competing security agencies; and business rivals of billionaire Hariri, who was a brilliant but ruthless entrepreneur.

Washington has totally adopted Israel’s view that Syria is a dangerous threat and supporter of terrorists - meaning Palestinian resistance groups Hamas and Islamic Jihad, and Lebanon’s welfare and resistance organization Hizbullah.

Israel is determined to get revenge on Hizbullah, which defeated its attempts to turn Lebanon into an Israeli protectorate and drove Israeli occupation forces from Lebanon – a small but vicious war this writer saw first hand.

source:
bigeye.com

bombing experts suggest that the bomb blast is a work of a state intelligence agency and not a work of a terrorist group. hariri's assassination is just one of many unsolved assassintions that have occured in lebanon in last two decades. it is strange how this assassinations occured in this time, when washington is putting the pressure on syria, isolating it and with all the threats and the economic siege, trying to provoke an overthrow of current syrian goverment. that will not be a hard work, since syria is a very mixed state, similar to iraq. it is also a fragile ethnic/religious mixture, that can blow up anytime in a bloody civil war. cuurent president of syria bashar al-asad belongs to a secret eligious sect, the alawi, considered heretics by syria’s majority sunni muslims. there have been numerous attempts by sunni majority to overthrow the al-asad regime, but have been crushed numerous times (one time in a the city of hama just after the asad regime killed 10,000 rebelling members of the muslim brotherhood).

Israel would welcome Syria’s implosion, as it did Iraq’s. Hence current Israeli efforts to press the White House and Congress to overthrow Syria’s unloved, isolated regime, whose only ally is Iran, itself a leading target on America’s Mideast hit list.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
It's the timing, people.. Why in the (real) world would Syria do such a blatently stupid thing, when Washington and Israel are rattling their sabers at them? It makes absolutely NO sense. I see this as a classic false flag operation intended to put Syria in a very bad light.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
It's the timing, people.. Why in the (real) world would Syria do such a blatently stupid thing, when Washington and Israel are rattling their sabers at them? It makes absolutely NO sense. I see this as a classic false flag operation intended to put Syria in a very bad light.

EXACTLY!

and since syria's only ally is iran,
so when syria is "out of the game",
iran will be all alone.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Brilliant. Just brilliant. Our illogical saber rattling is pushing those two nations right into one another's arms.
That's exactly what we need, especially being bogged down in this unwinnable Iraqi quagmire. But then, consider, the Neo Cons desire ENDLESS WAR. It is their objective. So, this stupidity is not unplanned.

It's doubly tragic when you consider, in the aftermath of 9-11, our covert forces were working quite well with the Syrian government (for once!).
The Neo Cons had to go screw that up, now we're back on unfriendly terms.

I think aliens came down and abducted our best leaders.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Brilliant. Just brilliant. Our illogical saber rattling is pushing those two nations right into one another's arms.
That's exactly what we need, especially being bogged down in this unwinnable Iraqi quagmire. But then, consider, the Neo Cons desire ENDLESS WAR. It is their objective. So, this stupidity is not unplanned.

ofcoures its all planned.
sometimes i have this feeling of watching a stage play.
the board is set.
and the players are moving.
game on.

It's doubly tragic when you consider, in the aftermath of 9-11, our covert forces were working quite well with the Syrian government (for once!).
The Neo Cons had to go screw that up, now we're back on unfriendly terms.

you know how that goes:
your best friend can be your worst enemy,
and ofcourse the other way around.

I think aliens came down and abducted our best leaders.

...and are now in control of this situation?
now where have i see this happen before?
a movie?

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
ofcoures its all planned.
sometimes i have this feeling of watching a stage play.
the board is set.
and the players are moving.
game on.

I have struggled with this concept as a Christian. I have read the book of JOB many times and never been satisfied with it. Why would God even dignify Satan with a response? Why would God play chess with our lives? I suppose the same reasons the powers of this world do. They can.

you know how that goes:
your best friend can be your worst enemy,

We really have no friends (in government). Only allies and enemies.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Syria may or may not be responsible for the bombing. Regardless. I don't think you will get much sympathy from the US if Syria is falsely accused, other than apologists and sympathizers.

and since syria's only ally is iran,
so when syria is "out of the game",
iran will be all alone

Iran may be Syria's only ally, but that may not be the reverse case, so Iran may not be alone. Regardless, once again you will find little sympathy as stated above.

The US and Israel will not use Hariri's death as an excuse to attack. There are other reasons to, such as their support for terrorists, but not Hariri. I fail to see why some are so ready to indict the US.

And to compare the actions of the Creator with the misdeeds of man is beyond the pale.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Syria may or may not be responsible for the bombing. Regardless. I don't think you will get much sympathy from the US if Syria is falsely accused, other than apologists and sympathizers.

You like to see the US as being in God's bright light. If Syria is FALSELY accused, as part and parcel of US psych-warfare strategy (building up to bombing them), we are not in the right. That makes as corrupt as they supposedly are.

Iran may be Syria's only ally, but that may not be the reverse case, so Iran may not be alone. Regardless, once again you will find little sympathy as stated above.

Hello? Iran is NOT Syria's only ally. Russia anybody?

The US and Israel will not use Hariri's death as an excuse to attack.

It's called long term strategy. With your supposed military experience, I would think you'd understand that.

And to compare the actions of the Creator with the misdeeds of man is beyond the pale.

I see we're still swimming in the shallow end..
You shouldn't be so ready to judge others; you will be judged with equal measure. Just a friendly tip.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   

ok,
they might be responsible,
or they might be not.
will that make any diffrence when bombs start falling?
just like WMD's that were "the reason" behind the invasion of iraq.

what i was really wanting to say,
that iran is the only syria's ally in this close middle east area,
not a long distance ally, like russia that likes to sell missiles to them.

The US and Israel will not use Hariri's death as an excuse to attack. There are other reasons to, such as their support for terrorists, but not Hariri. I fail to see why some are so ready to indict the US.

syria is just a stepping stone to iran,
and then total u.s. control over middle eastern area.

no comment.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   

You like to see the US as being in God's bright light. If Syria is FALSELY accused, as part and parcel of US psych-warfare strategy (building up to bombing them), we are not in the right. That makes as corrupt as they supposedly are.

Oh, please, spare me the crocodile tears for Syria. As if the US were the only nation to ever use psyops.

Where has US psyops been used in the Hariri incident?

Hello? Iran is NOT Syria's only ally. Russia anybody?

Well Hello? to Souljah, please. He is the one who made the original statement.

It's called long term strategy. With your supposed military experience, I would think you'd understand that.

You know absolutely nothing about my military experience.

I see we're still swimming in the shallow end..
You shouldn't be so ready to judge others; you will be judged with equal measure. Just a friendly tip.

And I see that you still cannot hold a debate without resorting to personal attacks.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

ok,
they might be responsible,
or they might be not.
will that make any diffrence when bombs start falling?
just like WMD's that were "the reason" behind the invasion of iraq.

Yes it does make a difference. It's unfair to implicate the US in this incident.

what i was really wanting to say,
that iran is the only syria's ally in this close middle east area,
not a long distance ally, like russia that likes to sell missiles to them.

I understand what you meant, Souljah. No argument here.

syria is just a stepping stone to iran,
and then total u.s. control over middle eastern area.

Once again, it is unfair to indict the US in this affair. Broaden the discussion with another thread and discuss it, if you'd like, but to mix it in here is unfair.

no comment.

You said a mouthful.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Funny that Syria is all over the news latelly, I seriously doubt we will ever find out who authourized and payed for this job.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by astral_ice
Funny that Syria is all over the news latelly, I seriously doubt we will ever find out who authourized and payed for this job.

Yes, and I was surprised to learn that it was the Syrians that turned over Saddam's half-brother? and 29 other insurgents to the Iraqi's last week. Maybe they want to play nice again?

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Yes it does make a difference. It's unfair to implicate the US in this incident.

i am not trying to "blame the US" for the assassination.
i am trying to say that its just very "convenient", that his death came in a time like this.
i belive its was one of those guys i listed in my post.
if you ask me, the israelis did it. mossad.
to destabilize syrian influence in lebanon.
but i find it very suspicious that in this time of "all eyez on syria",
we are seeing events such this one.
as if everything is beeing staged.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Here's an AIReal view of the micro nuke crater, this is ALL Telling www.rumormillnews.com...

top topics

join