It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal Immigration Isn't What It Used To Be

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 11:07 PM
link   
This is only about immigrants coming from Mexico.

Illegal immigration isn't what it used to be. It began with the braceros program (farm workers), mostly men who worked seasonally under the table and went home after the harvest. The demand for labor was acute in the US during WW 2. This was a good arrangement until too many workers came to the US and nearly the entire crop of Mexico was lost for want of pickers.

There have always been families stealing across the border looking for a better life. Their numbers grew too. For decades there was little violence or danger with crossing. Then the cartels and organized crime decided it was a big business so they took control of the main crossing points. Sexual assaults against women and robbery now happen more often than not than to those already paying thousands of $ to cross. Drug mules are also mixed in the groups to bring heroin, meth and coc aine to the US.

What was primarily a social issue is now a humanitarian crisis. Regardless of the cost to US citizens it is inhumane to the migrants to allow it to continue as it is. When it is too easy to enter our country illegally people will be sorely tempted to do it. With a secure border only the truly desperate will even bother trying.

For everyone's sake the border issue must be fixed and the sooner the better.
edit on 10-1-2019 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I agree, we need to fix this border issue of illegal aliens coming across it, some hauling in drugs, some just coming in and winding up living a substandard life because of their illegal immigrant status.

The wall is just the start, we need to fix more things too and stop the people that are promoting illegal immigration to occur.

Someone was telling these people in the caravans we would just leave them in, so they came. Someone is sabataging our countries security and legal immigration system. Lets find out who funded the caravan and who is behind pushing this civil disruption of Americans. These immigrants are being played to force an agenda. That is not right, they are being misled.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

Illegal immigration isn't what it used to be. It began with the braceros program (farm workers)

Work visas = legal.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 11:46 PM
link   
With border security must come immigration reform as well.

I watched both parties talk about streamlining the system, adding more technology, and reducing the ridiculous fees, paperwork, and other onerous crap bureaucracy makes you do, only to do nothing about it at all. For as long as I have lived in the US, no serious reforms to immigration have been made that helped.

One of the reasons immigration is important is that we have an aging population and a whole lot of demand for people who can work to pay the taxes required to keep the system going. Only two states have replacement level birth/death rates. Everyone else is seeing net reductions in working-age people as well as an increase in people with ever-increasing healthcare costs.

Someone has to shoulder these costs in the future. Welcome to America.

No one will ever convince me, however, that illegal immigration is ok, or that the US is immoral for protecting its border to the South.

I'm not sure if anyone else noticed this during the caravan drama; Mexicans are tired of this garbage too. It is Mexicans who have to deal with thousands of Central and South Americans pouring through THEIR border to reach the US. Leaving in their wake a trail of rape, drugs, human trafficking, and violence through THEIR country.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I agree, we need to fix this border issue of illegal aliens coming across it, some hauling in drugs, some just coming in and winding up living a substandard life because of their illegal immigrant status.

The wall is just the start, we need to fix more things too and stop the people that are promoting illegal immigration to occur.

Someone was telling these people in the caravans we would just leave them in, so they came. Someone is sabataging our countries security and legal immigration system. Lets find out who funded the caravan and who is behind pushing this civil disruption of Americans. These immigrants are being played to force an agenda. That is not right, they are being misled.

No offense, but you are no longer to wake up to reality in America.
Watch your back young man.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Illegal immigration isn't what it used to be. It began with the braceros program (farm workers)

Work visas = legal.

You are correct but mixed in with legal workers you had illegal as well who would work for less and had a separate camp they stayed at.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Work visas = legal.

You are correct but mixed in with legal workers you had illegal as well who would work for less and had a separate camp they stayed at.

Didn't mean to contradict your OP there, just pointing out that legal avenues have existed as long as the bracero program itself, which was a precursor to temporary work visas anyway.

I am in agreement with you that it should have never gotten to this point, and the immigrants/workers themselves are not fully to blame as Americans were/are exploiting laborers as well.

The old saying comes to mind two wrongs don't make a right

edit on 11-1-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
With border security must come immigration reform as well.

I watched both parties talk about streamlining the system, adding more technology, and reducing the ridiculous fees, paperwork, and other onerous crap bureaucracy makes you do, only to do nothing about it at all. For as long as I have lived in the US, no serious reforms to immigration have been made that helped.

One of the reasons immigration is important is that we have an aging population and a whole lot of demand for people who can work to pay the taxes required to keep the system going. Only two states have replacement level birth/death rates. Everyone else is seeing net reductions in working-age people as well as an increase in people with ever-increasing healthcare costs.

Someone has to shoulder these costs in the future. Welcome to America.

No one will ever convince me, however, that illegal immigration is ok, or that the US is immoral for protecting its border to the South.

I'm not sure if anyone else noticed this during the caravan drama; Mexicans are tired of this garbage too. It is Mexicans who have to deal with thousands of Central and South Americans pouring through THEIR border to reach the US. Leaving in their wake a trail of rape, drugs, human trafficking, and violence through THEIR country.

One of the best posts on this topic I have read on this site in a while.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

With production increases if we only think about real need of products for the people there is no need to keep high concentration of people in countries. If people only did the real work and not made money from manipulation schemes then all people could have housing, car and technical gadgets.

But the banking debt fiat monetary system that have been imposed on people by the banking cartel need to get more slaves too keep the Ponzi scheme going.

The fascist took over US long ago. Political power and production power in the hands of less than 1%. When you go left and increase government in the end you create more debt for the bankers to sell. When you go right you decrease taxation on the corporations the bankers own. Both sides the bankers always win.

The only way to get a fair system is to remove the power from the bankers and politicians and pseudo intellectuals (journalists, teachers) who are propagandist for the system. No debt based money.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: rickymouse

No offense, but you are no longer to wake up to reality in America.
Watch your back young man.

I was thinking it was the drug cartels. They need to keep the border agents as busy as possible and sealing the southern border will hurt them. So the more trouble they can stir up to keep that border open the better. Nothing goes through Mexico without the cartels' permission. If they wanted to stop it tomorrow those people would not be there. People do not cross the cartels and the police are on their payroll.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

The border issues must be resolved immediately Imo. But a wall can serve two purposes and one is very scary. This being ATS and all.
Another solution must be brought to the foreground.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

So, the FACT is, most illegals do not enter from the Mexican U.S. border. The United States Canadian Border, is the Second largest undefended border in the WORLD. If its terrorists and drugs trump wants to stop, Why doesn't he mention that border? Why only Mexico? Let me tell you why, its simply to rile his base! There is no crisis, and the U.S. Canadian border is much larger.

No, there is certainly nothing that would be understood as a wall along any significant part of the U.S.-Canada border. But keep in mind that the border is thousands of kilometers long, and it varies significantly as you move along it, and one thing that varies is how “fortified” the border is. The U.S.-Canadian border is frequently described as being the longest “undefended” border in the world, but that refers to the fact that the U.S. and Canadian militaries do not maintain installations along the border that are directed at each other. The law enforcement agencies of both countries certainly patrol the border very seriously, and crossing the border is serious business.

www.quora.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: iplay1up2

Let me know when there's a string of thousands of Canadians crossing the border illegally every day. Let me know when Canadians start to engage in profligate trafficking of women and children for sex by the thousands each month.

This post is very thoughtless.
edit on 11 1 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Let me know when there's a strong of thousands of Canadians crossing the border illegally every day. Let me know when Canadians start to engage in profligate trafficking of women and children for sex by the thousands each month.

This post is very thoughtless.

Really? Thousands of illegals cross into the U.S. everyday? That is not true. You are part of the problem. You also do not know what is coming over the border from Canada to the U.S. Again its the Second LARGEST undefended border in the WORLD, and my post it thoughtless? No, my post is a very VALAD point!

edit on 11-1-2019 by iplay1up2 because: fix

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 07:47 AM
link   

You are not making a valid point. You are making insinuations that are not true.

And yes, thousands:

There are over 50,000 apprehensions at the border in BOTH October and November of 2018 according to the Border Patrol.

Thats 100,000 people in a 2 month period.

Divide That by 30 days and you get about 3000 per day.

Do your homework before you try and debate this topic with red herrings and veiled accusations of racism.

edit on 11 1 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   
If the Mexicans were bothered by these immigrants why don't they close their southern border. The south Mexican border is way, way smaller than the US/Mexican border. If the Mexicans were genuine then I would think the US would help in manpower and cost to stop illegals entering Mexico in the first place.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Canada has a very robust immigration screening and enforcement, there aren't people from other countries simply walking through Canada without first giving documentation, unlike Mexico. Mexico isn't enforcing it's northern border, nor stopping people from other nations from simply walking through their country when they entered Mexico illegally.

If Mexico had Canada's immigration controls and enforcement, we wouldn't have the issues we have on our southern border.

The UK for example, would have an illegal immigration disaster if France Adopted all of Mexico's lack of immigration controls at Calais.

Both Sides of a border have to work in unison to limit illegal immigration.

join