It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Sculpture Celebrating Saudi Arabia Has Been Erected on Ground Zero. “There is no god but Allah,

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Ah, I see what you're saying... Can't help but agree.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: WilsonWilson

it ebbs and flows which is more destructive.

No, it doesn't. Christianity hasn't behaved like this for hundreds of years.

Islam, on the other hand, has not changed since the 6th Century.

The US has had problems with Islamic nations since the Barbary Wars, and Europe LONG before that.

1400 years of terrorism isn't exactly an ebb and flow now, is it?

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Wow that's like an ultimate insult, and no ones done a thing about it.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
a reply to: projectvxn

Yeah and few years ago it was Christianity, time moves on, don't act like ones better than the other, it ebbs and flows which is more destructive. Peoples vicious belief that their god is the right god,and their nasty desire to inflict it on others is the cancer on this earth. All are equally guilty.

Yeah but atheists
Mao
Pol Pot
Stalin

I love it when an atheist gets on their soap box, you have nothing to champion about, your sort are as bad as all the religious

Really, its just a lolly with a flag or statement on it, slight over reaction in my opinion
edit on 10-1-2019 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

But too many of you won't even take the time to look. You just judge.

I judge based on what I have seen, read, and taken the time to research.

I have no personal use for religion in general. But in this day and age ISLAM is the problem and they have been for 1400 years. They need to get THEIR HOUSE IN ORDER before you or anyone else demands my tolerance.

edit on 10 1 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   

When Islam has an actual reformation and brings itself into the present day, maybe I'll reconsider my position on the religion. As it stands now, they have yet to even consider reformation the way Catholicism, Christianity, and even Judaism did centuries ago. The reformation is important in so much as it recenters the congregation and publicly distances itself from past barbarism and misdeeds. All I hear from Islam currently are excuses about their history of barbarism and brutality, far too often even when their very recent history of barbarism and brutality is concerned. Excuses are worthless and claims of peace and love ring hollow so long as those excuses remain in the playbook.

link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

ya neva know! but you sound silly

link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

When Islam has an actual reformation and brings itself into the present day, maybe I'll reconsider my position on the religion. As it stands now, they have yet to even consider reformation the way Catholicism, Christianity, and even Judaism did centuries ago. The reformation is important in so much as it recenters the congregation and publicly distances itself from past barbarism and misdeeds. All I hear from Islam currently are excuses about their history of barbarism and brutality, far too often even when their very recent history of barbarism and brutality is concerned. Excuses are worthless and claims of peace and love ring hollow so long as those excuses remain in the playbook.
hear hear sir.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slanter
We already went over this. your articles are bunk...

Islam is bunk, end of story...

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   

I've been harping on that for a while.

We all know Islam needs reform. As it stands now Islam is an existential threat to most of the world, including themselves.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
Islam and christianity share the same god. Yes the abrahamic religions are all sexist, racist and homophobic. Seems a bit rich for one to criticise the other.

Point to a modern religion other than Islam who does what Islam does today?

Islam is a cancer upon the Earth compared to ALL OTHER religions.
Have you seen what the American military has been up to for the last 20 years in the middle east and North Africa? In Iraq alone there were 1.5 million civilian casualties. Now add up Afghanistan, Libya, Pakistan, Iran, and everything in between. How many millions of people have American Christians killed in the last 20 years?

I’m in no way defending Islam, just like i won’t defend Christianity. I consider them equally absurd. But for you to say that christians haven’t done anything bad recently, is equally absurd. I’m sure from the middle east’s perspective, they believe Christians are destroying their way of life. (Their way of life is stupid)and it wouldn’t be difficult to demonstrate that it is the fault of christians when our President Bush declares we are a christian nation, and that God is on our side. Right before attacking a country that had nothing to do with the attacks on 911.

You would prob agree that America is a christian nation founded on christian values? President Bush said as much. If you do agree with that, then how do you reconcile your claim that islam is any worse than christianity?

To many christians and muslims, this is a holy war between christianity and islam. from every angle except for yours, this is the mass slaughter of muslims by christians.
edit on 10-1-2019 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Have you seen what the American military has been up to for the last 20 years in the middle east and North Africa?

There are many religions and races in the US military.

You are really going to use this red herring? As if we've been out there deliberately killing women and children for not being Americans?

For the last 20 years we've been at war with Islam. We've been responding to THEIR crimes.

You would prob agree that America is a christian nation founded on christian values? If you do agree with that, then how do you reconcile your claim that islam is any worse than christianity?

This is a strawman argument. You know that right? We don't wave a religious flag and we don't murder people. When one of ours does we prosecute and jail them, not extoll them as heroes.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Have you seen what the American military has been up to for the last 20 years in the middle east and North Africa?

There are many religions and races in the US military.

You are really going to use this red herring? As if we've been out there deliberately killing women and children for not being Americans?

For the last 20 years we've been at war with Islam. We've been responding to THEIR crimes.

You would prob agree that America is a christian nation founded on christian values? If you do agree with that, then how do you reconcile your claim that islam is any worse than christianity?

This is a strawman argument. You know that right? We don't wave a religious flag and we don't murder people. When one of ours does we prosecute and jail them, not extoll them as heroes.
This is not a strawman. Many christians will attest that this is a christian nation based on christian ideals. President Bush stated quite clearly that god was on our side. Just because our military is diverse doesn’t change the fact that muslims in the middle east see America and Americans as mostly christians. They certainly don’t see us as Muslims, which is the only thing they really care about.

There are many threads here where our christian members will swear up and down that this is a christian country. To them, this is certainly about the differences in their respective religions.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:12 PM
link   

I can tell you one huge hole in your argument here. America has never gone into battle shouting "Deus Vult" nor have I ever heard of any Christian soldier believing if he killed enough nonbelievers in combat and was himself killed he'd get some special blessing for it in Heaven. I have, however, witnessed large portions of the Islamic world ululating to allah and dancing while American towers crashed to the ground, celebrating like animals while people of their own ethnicity and nationality but with a slightly different take on Islam were stoned or beheaded, and while their own "men" hid behind women and children to take advantage of rules of warfare this country follows but the Islamic world does not.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I can tell you one huge hole in your argument here. America has never gone into battle shouting "Deus Vult" nor have I ever heard of any Christian soldier believing if he killed enough nonbelievers in combat and was himself killed he'd get some special blessing for it in Heaven. I have, however, witnessed large portions of the Islamic world ululating to allah and dancing while American towers crashed to the ground, celebrating like animals while people of their own ethnicity and nationality but with a slightly different take on Islam were stoned or beheaded, and while their own "men" hid behind women and children to take advantage of rules of warfare this country follows but the Islamic world does not.
Do you really think there aren’t christian soldiers who enjoy killing muslims? There are plenty of videos on youtube of christians talking mad # about muslims.

You don’t remember our president talking about god was on our side?

Don’t you see even Trump constantly evoking god?

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
Do you really think there aren’t christian soldiers who enjoy killing muslims? There are plenty of videos on youtube of christians talking mad # about muslims.

Your point? How many have strapped explosives to their children and blown up a disco? How many have hijacked an airplane with a box cutter and slammed it into a tower? How many have been in a perpetual state of warfare, either civil or against neighboring infidels since the fall of the Roman Empire? How many gather by the tens of thousands to vocally pray for their god to smite their enemies using them as his sword and shield? How many Christian leaders have called the Islamic world the Great Satan? How many American cities are ruled by Christian preachers who fling homosexuals from rooftops?

I'll wait for you to gather evidence of this happening.

ETA: I have never seen an American President call on the Lord's fire to fill him so he may turn it against the enemies of the Lord. But I've seen other leaders say that... wanna guess what their theology was?
edit on 10-1-2019 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Of course, and they should be judged harshly and condemned, but too many neglect to think of the many more who are nothing like the zealots, and they are cast in the same mold as the bastards who perpetrate the atrocities.

Condemn the zealots who commit the atrocities, they deserve to be condemned and done away with by every means necessary to accomplish that, my only issue is that too many condemn the innocent along with the guilty. That's all that I'm saying.
edit on 1/10/2019 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Of course, and they should be judged harshly and condemned, but too many neglect to think of the many more who are nothing like the zealots, and they are cast in the same mold as the bastards who perpetrate the atrocities.

That is what happens when you fail to distance yourself from the abhorrent. Man is judged by the company he keeps. If you don't like the judgement, change company.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Dr UAE

I do NOT believe that all Muslims are terrorists.

I DO believe that most Muslims support things that are not compatible with western culture.

This view is supported by evidence:

archive.islamonline.net...

Homosexuality, moreover, is an abomination and a grave sin. In Hadith, the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, clarifies the gravity of this abomination by saying:“Allah curses the one who does the actions (homosexual practices) of the people of Lut”repeating it three times; and he said in another Hadith:“If a man comes upon a man then they are both adulterers.”Here, he considered homosexuality tantamount to adultery in relation to the Shari’ah punishments because it is an abomination on the one hand and the definition of adultery applies to it on the other hand.

However, death fall is not the sole penalty agreed upon by the Muslim Jurists as a punishment for this crime. The punishment here is controversial due to divergence of views among `Ulama in deducting ruling as regards this case from Shari`ah sources.

Focusing more on the question in point, the eminent Muslim scholar,Sheikh `Abdel Khaliq Hasan Ash-Shareef, states:

“As regards this case (if genuine), this man committed two heinous crimes, which deserve severe punishment. He is a murderer and homosexual. Besides, he severed ties of kinship by doing such grave sins.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Ad Trump let this happen?. The Bastard. Down with such a thing.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join