It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The hard, easy trip back home [GH2019]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   
The hard, easy trip back home

So there I was again. Walking down the street, mild hangover, minding my own business. It’s snowing lightly and everything seems calm, just an ordinary day. An elderly gentleman with a long, all white beard and a stylish hat stops me.

“Excuse me, but I have to bother you. I see that you are smoking a cigarette. Could you give me one?” he said

I replied “Sure, I have tobacco, filters and papers, do you know how to roll or should I roll one for you?”

The elderly gentleman was a skilled tobacco roller and did not need any assistance with that. I am a somewhat introvert person, very reserved, so I just wanted to help and get this over with and continue my day.

“My name is Dakaritus. Not a very ordinary Finnish name, huh?” He said

“I guess not. Never heard anyone named that before” I replied.

“I am also a wizard” he continued.

At that point I was thinking to myself that hopefully this is over with quickly, I have enough to deal with my own mental issues every day. But for some reason I decided to play along.

“Could you do some magic stuff an make me a very cold can of good beer out of thin air” I said and I winked, I did not want to hurt the feelings of Dakaritus.

POOOF! There it was, right next to me, in the snow, in the ground, a perfectly chilled unopened can of beer. I opened it, took a good gulp and said, well ok, this is beer alright. That was all that I could come up with. I was shocked to say the least. I had a stupid impression on my face with my mouth open and some beer in my moustache.

Dakaritus said to me “You are one of the chosen ones”

I instantly replied “No sir, you are wrong with that assumption. I am one of God’s mistakes.”

He gave me my tobacco pouch back and quite frankly, I wanted to get out of the situation. I thanked for the fine beer and he thanked me for the cigarette and I started walking quickly away. Then the obvious came in to my mind, I had to stop and turn around and shout “Wait a second!”

Dakaritus turned also and said “I already know what you want to ask but I give you the pleasure of asking”

So I asked: You just magically created a nice beer for me out of thin air, why on earth did you feel the need to bum a cigarette? Why didn’t you use your tricks to make one out of nowhere and smoke it, Dakaritus?

“It was a test. Your whole life has been a test. This is not your home city. Not your homeland. Not your home planet” Dakaritus said with a serious face.

I ran out of words, I ran out of thoughts, I must be dreaming it is the only logical explanation to this strangeness.

“Want to go home?” asked Dakaritus. “If you do, take my hand and we will fly together to the edges of the universe. Or…. Continue walking, finish your beer, and tomorrow morning you will wake up in your bed thinking that this was truly a strange dream.

I have always felt a strange home sickness to a place I have never been to. Isn’t that a paradox? I am not a happy person. I finished the beer with a single giant gulp and took the hand of Dakaritus to my hand. Journey started. We flew together, to the atmosphere, past the moon and the planets. I could breathe all the time in space, it was not even cold.

Then we landed. A mysterious place with purple lakes, white mountains and a mixed population of different alien races and humans. In that place, there was no need for police. There were no armies. Not even fights.

“This is cool, how can I ever thank you Dakaritus?, feels like the collective pain of the earth is off my shoulders”

“No need for thanks. You belong here. This is your home. You were made to believe otherwise but I have shown you the truth” said Dakaritus.

“Oh my… now this may seem demanding but is there any beer here?” I asked. I have my weaknesses.

Dakaritus said: “There are plenty of wizards here. Just ask food or beer or tobacco and you have it. We have prepared a small hut for you to live in. All your earthly life was preparation for this. It was hard for you. We have seen your tears, heard you sobbing. It was a hard road, but now, you have came home!.

I instantly asked for a six-pack and just sat there on the banks of a purple lake drinking slowly, and thought to myself “Wow, this was not an ordinary day!”

THE END

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   
That was really neat, I like your style in this and hope you keep going

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Well played Sir, well played.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Loved this! Wonderful!

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 08:32 PM
link   

I think you have a series on your hands.

Great work.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Wow, just wow! Two thumbs up Fin! And yes, this story should continue!

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I spy, with my little eye, something beginning with W. Congratulations.

new topics

top topics

join