It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When or How will the shutdown end?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Trump just walked out of the meeting because Piglosi said no wall.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
A compromise, no wall but some kind of pledge for better boarder security. Trump will claim some kind of victory and the dems will claim they ended the shut down.

The word "compromise" to the left means that Democrats get everything and Republicans get nothing.

No thanks.

And if you are capable of reading this sentence, you are capable of spelling "border".

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I believe the government will be shut down until the wall is funded. I don't see Trump backing down. I personally didn't ever care about a wall, but the Democrats and their hateful supporters have changed my mind over time. I work in the private sector and don't rely on the government for anything, so it can stay shut down forever for all I care.
edit on 9-1-2019 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Nor should he have to back down.

The left have proved they do not represent American values...they hate America and only care about money, power, and control...

"UPDATE: ISIS TERRORIST Tells Feds He Has Jihadist Brothers in Mexico"

"State admits: Islamic State terrorists trying to pose as refugees"

"31 Suspected ISIS Terrorists Have Been Arrested In The U.S. In The Past Year"

"DHS whistleblower: Muslims waging ‘settlement jihad’ on U.S."

"Report: Illegal Migrants from Terror-Linked Countries Surging at Southern Border"

www.illegalprivilege.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I think its time to get a little more creative on this and look for some kind of win/win type of solution...

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

To me a compromise should be when neither side gets exactly what they what they want. So if republicans get nothing and the dems get it all then to me that wouldn’t be a compromise. The question the OP asked is what we members think will happen, I think there will be some kind of compromise.

I noticed that you haven’t said how you think the shutdown will end
edit on 9-1-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   
dp
edit on 9-1-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   
The shutdown drags on for too long (a few more weeks) Senate Republicans get angry and force McConnell to bring a bill to the floor. The bill does not include funding for the wall (the House didn't include the provision), it passes cleanly (no amendments for a wall). The President vetoes the bill and congress overrides the veto to end the shutdown.

The House will give no money to a wall or a fence. They'll give money for border security that does not include either of those.

Alternatively, the Mueller report will be released in the next few weeks and, attempting to distract the nation, Trump will declare a national emergency to get his wall on the same day or the day before. The House impeaches Trump and the report details crimes so apparent that the Senate can't help but remove him from office. Pence becomes the president and passes a funding bill with no wall. The wall is never built because no one pushed the issue after Trump is forced from office. Pence quietly writes an Executive Order ending the national emergency in his first few weeks in office.

<< 1   >>

join