It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN's Cuomo accidentally explains exactly why the dems are responsible for the shut down

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Extorris

1. None of this answes Pelosi and dem leadership claiming the wall is immoral. They are lying and using that as an excuse to shutdown the government, and atre therefore responible.

Two, your source claims new wall arent needed, border patrol disagrees.

President Trump visits the border in Texas to highlight security needs. In San Diego, hundreds of Customs and Border Protection agents echo the same line: the fence is not secure and a wall is needed.

www.npr.org...

Mark Morgan, a career FBI official who served as Border Patrol chief for the last six months of the Obama administration before being removed once President Trump took office, has come out this week in support of a border wall.

The morning after Trump reiterated in a prime-time address to the nation why wall funding was worth shutting down 25 percent of the federal government, Morgan told The Fix that he’s breaking his silence because, in his view, the wall is an important piece in a group of policy changes needed to secure the border.

“I was removed. I’m standing up and saying, ‘I should have disdain for them, but I don’t because they are right,' " Morgan said. “I can stand up and say they are right because it’s the right thing to do for this country. I’m begging the president to stay the course.”

www.washingtonpost.com...

America shouldnt have to suffer a shutdown because Pelosi is lying saying something is immoral.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

LOL

You should actually listen to that audio that the NPR blerb you linked summarizes.

It isn't what you think.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Extorris

LOL

You should actually listen to that audio that the NPR blerb you linked summarizes.

It isn't what you think.

It is what I think, i listened before posting.

Most border patril say the wall is needed, it gives them 90% control, and will allow them to shift man power to other areas, which as the MPR person agrees, they are chronically in need of man power.

This is for one small section of the wall, and even they want it.

Now one border guy in texas said he thought it was too politicized and too much focus on the wall. That one person, and he certainly doesnt say the wall wouldnt be helpful.

In addition, I didnt hear anyone say the wall is immoral.

So the argument comes down to yes border patrol says the wall trump wants would be good, they want it, but you and others say its not worth the 5 billion.

And pelosi says its immoral.

Tell me, how much money will it cost us to have pelosi remove the immoral wall we already have put up?

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Your second link citing Mark Morgan?

He admits that he was ousted by the Border Patrol Union who viewed him as an outsider, from the FBI, with little knowledge of the border situation. He only served for 6 months.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   

He admits that he was ousted by the Border Patrol Union who viewed him as an outsider, from the FBI, with little knowledge of the border situation. He only served for 6 months.

Yes they didnt feel he was strong enough on the border, so trump let him go.

He had the position under Obama, and even he feels the wall is a necessity.

CAn you provide me border patrol people saying the wall is immoral?

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   

5 miles of fencing.

On a mountain that everyone agrees would be a bitch to climb.

Sure, it saves manpower that would otherwise need to patrol that five miles. Or they could hire another agent.

That is a long way from "Build that wall!".

You are saying that 5 mile stretch is the cause of the shutdown?

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   

5 miles of fencing.

On a mountain that everyone agrees would be a bitch to climb.

Sure, it saves manpower that would otherwise need to patrol that five miles. Or they could hire another agent.

That is a long way from "Build that wall!".

You are saying that 5 mile stretch is the cause of the shutdown?

no thats agents in one area saying the wall is effective even there.

Which shows the wall being built in other areas would be successful as we;;.

The cause oif the shutdown is pelosi saying the smae type of barrier she voted for in the past is immoral.

How much will it cost the US to remove the immoral barrier alreadyb there?

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

You seem very stuck on that even after I have answered you.

If you want to discuss the issue with me, I am interested.

If you want to debate Nancy Pelosi, I can't help you.

G'Day.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   

You seem very stuck on that even after I have answered you.

If you want to discuss the issue with me, I am interested.

If you want to debate Nancy Pelosi, I can't help you.

G'Day.

The head of the democrats is saying that trumps proposal is immoral, and therefore she will not negotiate with him.

That is what this thread is about.

I understand wanting to avoid the issue because it really shows the dems are terrible and lying because attacking trump is more important to them than the people hurt by the shutdown.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Once the discussion turns away from substance to baiting and trolling rhetoric it has no value.

Best wishes on your thread.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Once the discussion turns away from substance to baiting and trolling rhetoric it has no value.

Its not baiting or trolling.

Tghe leader of the party said the wall was immoral. She refuses to give oe dollar to the wall based on that.

If you disagree with her, thats fine.

But to say discussing that is trolling is absurd.

Her position, in light of the info outlined in the OP and by Cuomo is indefensible.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
You got it that time.

Isn't it fun when they get so worked up they don't think about what they're really saying? Either that or they don't count on people being smart enough to more or less parse it out and think it through.

I know I'm just some dumb ol' hick from flyover, but seriously! I wasn't born yesterday.

They KNOW that their viewers aren't smart enough to think it through.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

Democrats putting value on American citizens. NEVER gonna happen.

They don't put a value on anything they can't use now, or in the future!

Py
edit on 1/10/2019 by pyguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Its not baiting or trolling.

Tghe leader of the party said the wall was immoral. She refuses to give oe dollar to the wall based on that.

If you disagree with her, thats fine.

But to say discussing that is trolling is absurd.

Her position, in light of the info outlined in the OP and by Cuomo is indefensible.

Not Trolling? BS.. you're focusing on the "immoral" part of Pelosi's comment but conveniently leaving out the rest of her statement:

“The wall is, in my view, immoral, expensive, unwise, and when the president says, 'Well, I promised a wall during my campaign.' I don’t think he said he was going to pass billions of dollars of cost of the wall on to the taxpayer. "

And don't pretend that the wall has unanimous support from the GOP. You know that it doesn't but that fact doesn't fit your narrative does it?

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Cuomo's only future is as a stunt bicyclist.
The amount of backpedaling he will have to do to keep his job will be monumental.

I was thinking more of a Colgate toothpaste commercial lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join