It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Absolutely canNOT reset PC or replace my OS. PLEASE HELP.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: XxKonspiracyxX

See if this helps.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ToxicWasteland44

Sometimes when people say former IT Pro they mean it, I could post my certification list but that wouldn't convince you. You've made up your mind already.

My advice was a long term solution as opposed to immediate help which others covered fairly well before me.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
My advice was a long term solution as opposed to immediate help which others covered fairly well before me.

I didn't comment at the time, but I see your "solution" as the same when someone complains about having a heart problem and someone suggests they get a new heart.

Abandoning what we are doing and moving to a completely different way of doing things is not, to me, a solution to a specific problem. To me, as a programmer and someone doing IT work for the last 20 years (no certifications, only hands-on experience), if I cannot find the reason for a problem I don't see it as solved, only as circumvented. Also, it's a good way of avoid learning from our experience, if we always did that with our problems we would learn much less about what we do and our surroundings.

But that's more of a philosophical discussion, not for this specific topic.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I'm a veteran of Windows pain in the glutes. lol

This is what I do in your dire situation.

1) Don't do a malware / virus scan. It's a waste of time.
2) Don't waste time pulling your hair troubleshooting. Problems will return.

I assume you have a Windows 10 installation CD or USB? Insert it and reboot your computer. Install a fresh copy of Windows on a different directory. Once installed, do a windows update. Windows has its own Anti-Virus program. Make sure to update it. Once done, go to Acer's website and download all the drivers specific to your laptop model. Once done, install all your programs. You'll be up and running in no time, assuming there are no other hardware related problems. Don't forget to delete the old Windows directory and most importantly, do a back up.

I'm not sure how you partition your hard drive, but I allocate 120 GB for Windows. I don't save any files on it. C: drive is only exclusive for the OS and programs. Just in case a disaster strikes, I nuke it. I don't waste time troubleshooting or scanning it. I simply nuke it and recover from backup. In 15-20 minutes, I'll be up and running. Less time if you have SSD installed.

Just an advice, if you have brand new laptop, make sure to back it up. You don't want to experience days and days of insanity in case something screws up.

On my set up, I don't bother with 3rd party anti virus/malware programs. Windows defender will do fine.

I hope this helps.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Here is How to fix the resetting problem:

Step 1: Search Command Prompt in your pc and Run it as Administrator.

The first step I have for you is searching command prompt in your PC and when you found right click on it and Run as Administrator.

Step 2: Type reagentc /disable (in the command line)

The Second Step I have for you is when the command prompt is open now type reagentc /disable (in the command line) and then Press Enter Button (for disabling recovery environment)

Step 3: Type reagentc /enable (in the command line)

The Third Step I have for you is when you disabled recovery environment now you need to enable it again. So Now Type reagentc /enable (in the command line) and then Press Enter Button. (for enabling recovery environment)

Step 4: Exit Command Prompt and Restart your PC.

The Fourth Step I have for you is close the command prompt using the close button or type exit in the command line.

Step 5: Now try to reset your PC

The Fifth Step I have for you is now try to reset your pc (your process successfully is done without any issue)

If this will not work see two more Methods

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: XxKonspiracyxX

Bite the bullet and reinstall.
First download the latest version of 10 and burn the ISO to disk or make a bootable USB drive. Double check your backups are able to be restored and you have everything you need.

Get Win 10 here:
www.microsoft.com...
Read and follow the instructions under the option
"Using the tool to create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) to install Windows 10 on a different PC (click to show more or less information)"

Boot off the install disk.
When it asks about partitions, "kill em all" and assign windows the blank drive and let it install itself. You have to get rid of the factory restore partitions or recovery partitions already on the drive. Windows 10 will activate with no issues if you had it on there previously.
edit on 4/15/2019 by staple because: nouns

edit on 4/15/2019 by staple because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 11:57 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 04:00 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 03:02 AM
link   

<< 1  2   >>

join