It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Second Amendment Chicago Alderman Ed Burke Charged With Extortion: Had 23 Guns In Office

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   

By
PatriotRising -
January 7, 2019

From outlawing cell phone cases shaped like guns to bans on concealed weapons in places that serve alcohol and broadening the gun offender registry in Chicago, Alderman Ed Burke’s record has defined him as an aggressive pusher of gun control. But a bombshell 37-page criminal complaint charging Burke with extortion has exposed him to be yet another phony, hypocritical Anti-Second Amendment legislator.

Federal prosecutors now report that nearly two dozen firearms were discovered in Alderman Ed Burke’s offices during their raids in November. What a surprise! This longtime gun-control opponent was armed to the teeth, while denying the suffering and helpless residents of Chicago a chance to defend their family and property.

Anti-Second Amendment Chicago Alderman Ed Burke Charged With Extortion: Surprise – Had 23 Guns In Office

Original story can be found at:
Feds: Burke thought he was ‘playing nice with ’em,’ then came the squeeze

You got that right, another "Liberal gun-grabber" is caught not only with extortion charges, but this "gun-grabber" who has been for decades campaigning for "gun control" was found to have 23 guns in his office.

You have got to wonder, why have scumbags like this man been campaigning for "gun control" yet we find out they have firearms?

This case is peculiar because he wasn't found with 1 or 2, or even 3 guns... He had 23 guns in his office alone.

He was ordered to surrender the 23 guns, and I am certain he has more hidden somewhere.

The question is, why is it that these elitist scumbags get to demand for the regular people in the U.S. to be disarmed, yet they have more firearms than most Americans and legal residents have?

edit on 8-1-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: correct links.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Rules for thee, not for me

Probably lived in a gated community while he yelled about walls being racist as well.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   
A man only has two hands .

My question is were they legal guns

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   
My whole office burst into laughter on this one.

Serves him right the POS.

Do as I say not as I do is NOT leadership. Its bull#.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
A man only has two hands .

My question is were they legal guns

I don't know. The Chicago Suntimes article states the following.

In court, Burke faced U.S. Magistrate Judge Sheila Finnegan, speaking only when he said “yes, your honor,” in response to her questions. Before the judge ordered Burke released on a $10,000 unsecured bond, a prosecutor revealed that Burke had 23 guns in his offices. The judge gave him 48 hours to surrender all of his weapons.

chicago.suntimes.com...

So he had 23 guns in "his offices," and the article states they are his guns.

edit on 8-1-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   
He's been dirty for decades.

He must have crossed the "wrong" people !! bwaahahahaa 😂🧟‍♀️

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Chicago!?

Say it ain't so!

This is so surprising, I mean I've never heard of a corrupt scumbag hypocrite politician in Chicago. Especially not a leftist.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   
There is no difference between the Chicago government and the Mob.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I noticed the judge didn't ask him to surrender his brains.......

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   
So everyone was right, once you take all the guns from the citizens, the only ones left that will have them are criminals.

The criminal representing the citizens, and not just one but 23 of them.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
I noticed the judge didn't ask him to surrender his brains.......

The judge is no dummy, he knows Dem politicians have no brains.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

I know right? How many "Liberal gun-grabbers" have been caught with firearms meanwhile they campaign and demand "gun control for the rest of the people"?

Not to mention the imbeciles like Rep. Eric Swalwell who implied that since the state has nukes they could use them on "gun owners." Of course, later he claimed "he was joking."

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Two personal examples of Illinois.

In some towns, Paying a speeding ticket cost less than disputing it (dispute costs aren't refundable)

Only place I've ever seen that built this gorgeous library and ran out of money for books!

Two perfect examples of what Illinois is like...

I hate to say it but that Alderman is as Chicago as it gets.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Maybe he was selling guns to people who could not legally buy them.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   
You know what? We should make a list of democrats/liberals who are gun control advocates yet have been caught in possession of firearms.

Starting from the top of my search query. (Anyone who knows of more please go ahead and add them)

Ca lifornia Democrat And Gun Control Advocate Charged With Arms Trafficking

BRADY SHADY ON GUN RULES Control backer got son rifle

7 Liberal Hypocrites Who Call For Gun Control While Being Protected By Guns

Anti-2A NY Democrat De Blasio's Deputy Arrested Firing 9mm with Missing Serial Number

Johnson County Democrat Party Chair Arrested on Gun Charge and Public Intoxication

And at least one democrat who was running for congressional candidate for Georgia and touted gun control, but used a gun to murder former campaign treasurer, with whom she had a relationship.

Georgia congressional candidate who touted tougher gun laws arrested for murdering former campaign treasurer

I am sure there are a lot more. Not to mention, these are just the ones who have been caught, how many more are hiding the fact that they posses firearms, yet want to deny "regular people" the right to the second amendment?

Rangel: No Guns For Law-Abiding Constituents But I ‘Deserve–Need’ Police Protection [AUDIO]

edit on 8-1-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: Found a couple more examples.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Guns protect people. He knows this. Like someone said above, he might even give them out to people who cannot get them for protection

Why was he a gun grabber...money and power, gunngrabbing is why you know him....ego is a female dog

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

He was ordered to surrender the 23 guns, and I am certain he has more hidden somewhere.

Do you know how much guns sell in Chicago on the black market to gang members... I'm sure he was making a killing, pardon the pun...

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   

This post is par for the course for democrats.

Feinstein has a damn CCW. So does Chucky boy.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Wow, twenty three guns. That is just in his office? He wants us to not have guns so he will feel superior with his guns. Typical behavior of a gang boss.

<<   2 >>

join