It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would Trump supporters be OK with a wall made from steel vs. concrete?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Yea JAGS, it'll stay up.........but there's always entrance and exit points and what will happen is that the gates will be left open and the Border Patrol will be told to stand down and the "immigrants" (migrants) will simply and actually walk across the border and be waved on by the Customs people manning the booths.

My wife and I enjoyed a pic-nick lunch of a day on a grassy knoll overlooking the border bridge between Eagle Pass Texas and the Mexican town of Piedras Negras on the opposite side of the river. They walked across unchallenged and headed about a mile into downtown Eagle Pass toward the Bus Station. That was when Obama was POTUS.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein

I think, as a huuuuuuge supporter, that it should be made out of paper maché and be a giant pińata.
It should be stuffed with Payday Bars and Now or Laters.

Well, as a huuuuuuuuuge trump hater, i think you are a terrible person for wanting that.

All walls are immoral, and the fact you want sugary treats in it to purposefully damage the noble immigrants teeth and give them diabetes is disgusting.

HaHa! good one!

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
originally posted by: [post=24091114]Edumakated
Totally irrelevant to me...

"I also want any incentives to come here illegally removed."

I think many of us believe this is truly the better route. Sure barriers are great, but people always find a way right?
It's better to make them NOT want to find a way!

I think you need both... they aren't mutually exclusive.

Someone will ALWAYS find a way to circumvent. Even if you removed incentives, someone would still find a way to survive in the US. Nothing is 100% fool proof. However, you can significantly reduce the occurrences of illegal activity.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I want a secure border and laws made where it's impossible for illegals to work here.
The wall material is irrelevant.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I want a secure border and laws made where it's impossible for illegals to work here.

We pretty much have those laws, it's the enforcement piece that is the issue. Which reminds me exactly of people wanting new gun laws, plenty of those on the books, maybe enforce one or two.

Not a knock on you, I just think it would be better if we did what we say we're going to do instead of saying we're going to say more things we're going to do.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   
i think it should be a dome.
engulf the entire country.
just in case some rapers are thinking about hand gliding.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

There are all sorts of laws doing just that.

The enforcement is lacking. Settle that little problem, and border security becomes less of an issue...not a non-issue, just less of one.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   
What if Mexico gets one of those blue fire breathing dragons? Couldn't that just melt the steel wall?
Los Caminante blancos.

edit on 7-1-2019 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   

I, too, want that.

I think most Americans want that. Although I'm not sure it could ever be made completely impossible.

After the circles of conversation over the wall, what I really want is a plan. I'm all for $5.7B for boarder security. While, I'm of the opinion that the wall is not the best solution, I cannot be certain of that at this moment because what is the wall? Is it concrete? Is it steel? Is it more of a fence? Does it stretch the whole boarder? How is going to be maintained and patrolled? Does anyone have any of these answers?

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
The wall material is irrelevant.

And may I add to change the Idiotic "political asylum" laws and then go after the Sanctuary cities although just sue the hell out of them will fix the problem.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

The enforcement is lacking. Settle that little problem, and border security becomes less of an issue...not a non-issue, just less of one.

A big problem is that the left doesn't want to enforce the laws. As such, even if people get across the left will then get all emotional about actually enforcing the law.

For example, if you don't build the wall but say we are going to do everify, etc. The Dems will then start crying about how we are being cruel to people already here. In other words, just make it across the border and we will protect you. We already see this with sanctuary cities.

On the other hand, a wall stops people from coming in the first place. The advantage is that you reduce those getting across to a more manageable number

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Why would it matter as long as it does what it needs to do: Stop Illegal Immigrants from crossing there?

Hell, you can make it out of Antifa Protesters if that would do the trick. Just tell them the Illegals are actually Ben Shapiro Supporters trying to get to one of his events.

It has to be a durable material that can't be damaged easily.....no chain link fences for example.

edit on 7-1-2019 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   
From the responses I'm getting there have been politicians addressing the issue for some time now.
So really why is the topic of a border wall such a hot topic? So far it's just an issue of lack of enforcement.

Let's finish the job already.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Results are what matters.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   

No. No. No.

Trump needs to work within the constraints of the already approved Secure Fence Act and not try to force a new wall bill through Congress that hasn't been thought through. Trump still doesn't have a design for his wall, he doesn't have the proper environmental impact statements from the Army Corp of Engineers, he doesn't have a plan exactly where this new wall will go, nor has he notified or secured the property from private land owners.

link   
This was always how it was going to be!

First he promised a 30 foot coast to coast concrete barrier, which he promised Mexico would pay for... But then he realized that's not gonna happen.

So now his proposing a "steel" chain link fence, which could be broken though with a $6 dollar pair of wire cutters.

link   

originally posted by: seagull

But the liberal states dont want that. They fight ICE at every step. How are they forgetting what's been in the news since Trump took office? Can't enforce it if the liberals don't want it to be enforced.
edit on 7-1-2019 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Just tell em' the money is worthless and most Americans are riddled with STDs. Then, show them video footage of the people we elect to lead us, eating pizza.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Not a wall of concrete OR steel.....

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Personally, steel vs concrete? I want a wall...obviously a steel slatted wall will be cheaper but will be uglier. Definitely not a tourist attraction in the future like the wall of China is.

Democrats certainly are not thinking long term investment. Spend our money and in time just tear it down. Money wasted.

Concrete wall may cost more initially, but be more appealing even if a need for a wall becomes defunct. The investment would still have returns as a tourist attraction...rusty steal slats won't.

As I said my own personal perspective...a wall needs to be built in some areas. It is necessary. Steel seems to be a quick resolution...but concrete will be a better future investment over time. Even if it begins to crumble and blend into the landscape...concrete will have a more interesting geologic effect than rusted steel crumble dust.

Edit add: google search says steel lasts 35-50 years...concrete 60-100 years. So I will stand on my initial perspective...if we are going to have a wall today...make it last so we can have a decent return on tourist dollars eventually.
edit on 1 7 2019 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

edit on 1 7 2019 by CynConcepts because: Included reply post links of OP

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join