It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would Trump supporters be OK with a wall made from steel vs. concrete?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Trump will visit our Southern border this week.
I do not believe that he will back down on the wall, but the kind of wall is a different story.
Does it matter to his supporters?
Does it matter to the left, are they opposed to the wall, or the cost, or both, or just anything that Trump wants?

www.yahoo.com...
On Sunday, Trump pledged not to bend in his demand money for the wall but said the barrier could be made of steel instead of concrete as a potential compromise with Democrats who refuse to fund it.

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

It doesn't matter what the 'wall' consists of. Be it concrete, steel, sand, water or humans.

Monitored and policed.

Pretty simple in my estimation.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Dig a 20m deep by a 30m wide trench from coast to coast and electrify it.
Wall wont help, id just boat it.... coast guard is going to get a good work out if the wall goes ahead.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I think, as a huuuuuuge supporter, that it should be made out of paper maché and be a giant pińata.
It should be stuffed with Payday Bars and Now or Laters.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   

I think the cost is atrocious and better spent elsewhere.

I would be more open to a discussion about steel reinforcement in areas.

What I really would like is an actual plan. Not just fighting over a dollar amount for essentially nothing.

link   
Can we get an American steel mill making the metal or do we need to get it from China.

link   

trump, said last week he wants to use steel. So you can see who is on the other side.

It will make it easier for people to use drones, to pass packages over the wall. Big waste.
edit on 7-1-2019 by iplay1up2 because: Add

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Trump will visit our Southern border this week.
I do not believe that he will back down on the wall, but the kind of wall is a different story.
Does it matter to his supporters?
Does it matter to the left, are they opposed to the wall, or the cost, or both, or just anything that Trump wants?

www.yahoo.com...
On Sunday, Trump pledged not to bend in his demand money for the wall but said the barrier could be made of steel instead of concrete as a potential compromise with Democrats who refuse to fund it.

For me the type of wall is irrelevant as long as it is intended to work (I wouldnt accept a small shrubby fence or something)

I find the type of wall argument to be interesting for the other side though.

Pelosi has voted for sending aid to other countries for walls in the past, and has voted to fund bordering fencing in the past, and yet she says a wall is immoral.

So there must be something materially different between a fence and a a wall that makes one a good idea and the other immoral (not ineffective, immoral). SO will steel slats be more like a fence and moral, or not to pelosi and the dems?

I wish she would give us a press conference on exactly what makes fences a good idea, this wall immoral, other wall like that around her house moral, etc.

Inquiring minds want to know what sort of walls make us racist. I was going to do some housework and wanted to get her to clarify this before I go to home depot and mistakenly order one of those racist walls.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   

the barrier could be made of steel instead of concrete

Iron Curtain Mark 2

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I prefer the notion of a wall made out of people.

Regular and irregular timed patrols, whether Border Patrol officers, or military, or a mixture of both. Supplemented, as necessary, by obstacles big enough to slow 'em down--if not stop.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I'm not a Trump fan but I am a wall fan. I don't care what it's made out of as long as criminals have a much harder time #ing up our border.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   

We want a barrier appropriate for the terrain that effectively stops crossing.
Barriers are just one of the security layers. E-Verify jobs, SSN mismatch letters, entry without exit needs to be tracked so they can ejected from the country.

Six barrier structures were built in San Diego and tested for breakthrough resistance, wall design selected.

Physical barriers stop people from entry into the USA, electronic 'barriers' do not stop entry, just notifies Border Patrol someone entered, and now they can't be shipped out per current law.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I hope he declares a national emergency. Allots himself 10 Billion and builds it 60 ft high now. Can be made of Steel or Concrete and won't matter to me.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein

I think, as a huuuuuuge supporter, that it should be made out of paper maché and be a giant pińata.
It should be stuffed with Payday Bars and Now or Laters.

Well, as a huuuuuuuuuge trump hater, i think you are a terrible person for wanting that.

All walls are immoral, and the fact you want sugary treats in it to purposefully damage the noble immigrants teeth and give them diabetes is disgusting.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Trump supporters(?), I never know where I fit on that spectrum. I voted against Hilary and thus had no choice except to vote for Trump. I support Trump to the extent the stock market continues up and to the right. When that stops, I could care less for Trump.

Does that make me a Trump supporter?
If so, let it be known that I don't support any type of "wall" at the border. Its a ridiculous expense of money and it would prove to be nothing more than a temporary fix, soon to be undone by the next Democrat POTUS.

Would you spend $15,000.00 putting a fence around your house and yard knowing that the next Zoning Commission Meeting will outlaw all residential fencing?

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Tony I am in the same boat as you. I actually do consider myself more of a supporter than not, but I wouldn't say I love everything about him.

Would you spend $15,000.00 putting a fence around your house and yard knowing that the next Zoning Commission Meeting will outlaw all residential fencing?

This is a good point, but I think once it is up, it will stay up.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   

I think it should be made out of high explosive filled alligators carrying mini guns and flame throwers. We can supplement it with Triggly Poof in strategic locations.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Totally irrelevant to me...

I just want a physical barrier at the most vulnerable place and extensive use of tech and other methods. I also want any incentives to come here illegally removed.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   
originally posted by: [post=24091114]Edumakated
Totally irrelevant to me...

"I also want any incentives to come here illegally removed."

I think many of us believe this is truly the better route. Sure barriers are great, but people always find a way right?
It's better to make them NOT want to find a way!
edit on 7-1-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
I just want a physical barrier at the most vulnerable place...

Don't we already have that?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join