It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Metalocalypse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Anybody a fan of Metalocalypse ?

I thought it would be appropriate anime for ATS since it features a conspiracy by an occult group with a leader that has supernatural powers.

This group controls the world..

The council (or Tribunal) is headed by Mr. Salacia

(Played by Mark Hamill)

He is not of this world and has supernatural powers.

The Cabal is joined by a priest - Cardinal Ravenwood:

.., A General - General Crozier:

.. amongst others.

Its funny because that is how I imagine the High Cabal (the real one that is).

You can see them here in one of their secret meetings, where some tune in on video screens:

.. also funny because that is the way I imagine things happening..

----

They constantly monitor the activities of the super-mega-rockband Dethklok, because they are so huge that whatever they do greatly influences the economy of the world, amongst other things..

----

The members of Dethklok tend to cause disaster wherever they travel, and anything remotely associated with them likewise attracts chaos. Dethklok concerts are so notoriously dangerous that those attending are required to sign "pain waivers" at the entrance, releasing the band from legal liability in the *very likely* case attendees are killed or maimed.
- Fandom

If Dethklok endorses a product or service, competitors are quickly driven out of business. Organizations worldwide, ranging from governments to businesses, go out of their way to avoid hindering Dethklok, to the point that the band is allowed to maintain its own police force and can get away with any crime imaginable with virtually no repercussions, although the band is often too ignorant to even notice that they are committing illegal acts.

Anyway in this setting, takes place (for me anyway) one of the most brilliant and hilarious cartoons I have ever seen. It was aired on Adult Swim on the Cartoon Network. The show was eventually cancelled.

I think not too many people "got it" and and many were probably taken off by the unnecessary mutilations.

----

One of my favorite characters:

Dr. Rockzo, The Rock and Roll Clown.. he does coc aine:

Dr. Rockzo has been said to be a parody of Van Halen front man David Lee Roth, or Eddie Van Halen himself.

- Mr. Salacia reveals himself..

Anyway for some of the few of you who might like this, enjoy. I think there are some free episodes online.

Lets hope they make another season..

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Metalocalypse

The Metalocalypse @ Fandom
edit on 7-1-2019 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

Unsurprisingly, I am a massive fan of that show.

I have rocked out to the sound track albums released under the Dethklok name on very many occasions, and enjoyed the cartoon a great deal. I was sad when it got cancelled, because I thought the premise still had legs, the show had a dedicated fanbase, and I wanted to see it through to its logical, or in the case of that show, illogical conclusion. It had everything I would want from a cartoon aimed at adults, about an extreme metal band. Every character, whether a regular fixture, or a cameo vehicle, or indeed the masses of suffering fans, just had the right stuff for me. The characters, the setting, the setups and the payoffs in that show were just spectacular in my opinion.

Its a great shame that it is no longer being made.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Yes, it was a sad day when it got cancelled.

I wonder if the creators have ever been on ATS, because I think the conspiratorial element to it was spot on - them having included a cardinal (representing the various established religion sector) like the Jesuits or other 'religious' establishments and General representing the defense/gov't establishments; that combined with occult or supernatural leader.

Unbelievable creativity and humor.. and great characters.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 05:35 AM
link   

I think the creator of the show probably drew his inspirations for the characters from the general hubbub around affairs of state and globe that were prevalent at the time of its conception. Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code series was one of the most popular book series of the period, for example, with the Da Vinci Code itself being published in 2003, and Metalocalypse show airing for the first time in 2006. This series of books, though in my view over rated as works of literature, were interesting to people because although they were almost caricature in the way they depicted the connections between religious bodies, governments, organised crime and so on, they also gave a form to the concerns that people had about power, who had it, how it was used, and over whom it was exerted, concerns which are and always have been absolutely valid.

You also have to consider that events on the world stage at that time were chaotic at best, and could easily have slid at any moment, into fully apocalyptic. Wars which had no logical conclusion, because they were based on illogical premises, were underway, people were dying for nothing, while fighting proxy agents of their own nations, strings were being pulled all over the shop and so many at once that no one had time to follow them all, and the only thing that made any slight sense, was that someone behind the scenes was making bank and playing everyone for fools. As it turns out, this is pretty much what was happening.

Along side that, metal was in a resurgent phase of its existence, coming once more to the fore of entertainment for a while, having backed off a little during the nineties, but come back with a bang toward their end, and the beginning of the noughties. The question of the "dangers" of metal fandom were once again in the spotlight, as counterculture bands like System Of A Down and Rage Against The Machine, as well as more extreme acts from the wider genre, inspired their fans to be ever vigilant and aware, rather than to give into the group think and go with the flow, which obviously is a problem for those in power over the media and the governments of the world, since both require a certain amount of mindless, soporific obedience and thoughtlessness to swear fealty to.

With all these things being present at the same moment in history, without even having to delve into a place like this to find them, its little wonder that Metalocalypse seems to have a synergy with the matters discussed here at ATS, but its not cut and dried that the inspiration for that show came from a place like this. The reason I say that, is that these matters were ALL front and centre of the wider human discussion at the time the show was conceptualised. They were not buried in the archives of ATS or any other such location in the web. They were being discussed openly, they were current affairs, which is why you will see the same influences on Metalocalypse, that you saw on the content being produced here during that period. The simple fact of the matter is, that we here at ATS, and the creator of that show, merely lived at the same time, on the same world, with the same information available to us all, the same influences drawn from the same world changing events.

What he did with them, and what we did with them differ with respect to the fact that most folk commenting here were, no matter how successfully, trying to get to the bottom of things, where as the creator of Metalocalypse, was trying to use the influences he was exposed to, in order to create a narrative!

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 07:26 AM
link   

It sounds like a really cool show. I will see if I can get it to watch it. Here's one I recently watched that was way over the top. Even by American television standards:

"Car [[effer]] we love you!"

OMG! Too funny.

And this one is classic:

edit on 7-1-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   

The crowd is a fickle mistress Toki

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I seen Dethklok live years ago with Mastodon. It was a great show. I used to watch the show I didn't realize it was cancelled. Brendan Smalls is actually a pretty awesome musician. All the music in the first season was originally played all by him. They got an actual drummer when they re-recorded everything to release the first album.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Also if you look at history, priests were considered in the same class as nobles and government officials:

If that structure followed into the modern era, maybe it still holds true.

The one on top, the Pharoah in this case is almost a God.

Other ideas fairly well known: how the Elite are involved in occult activities like various cult 'religions'/beliefs and rituals; such as for example Bohemian Grove. These happenings allude to the notion that they are influenced by some otherworldly or spiritual entities.

Tolkien's books also gets into this as do many comic books.

Anyway who knows where their ideas come from.. maybe we're reading into it too much.

Best Regards..

edit on 7-1-2019 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
I seen Dethklok live years ago with Mastodon. It was a great show. I used to watch the show I didn't realize it was cancelled. Brendan Smalls is actually a pretty awesome musician. All the music in the first season was originally played all by him. They got an actual drummer when they re-recorded everything to release the first album.

I would have liked to see that. I like Mastadon.

I got to see Dethklock 12/1/2012 here in Austin. Black Dahlia Murder, All That Remains, and Machine Head opened for them. That was one of the heaviest shows I've been to. It was sweeeet!

edit on 7-1-2019 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

originally posted by: dug88

I would have liked to see that. I like Mastadon.

I got to see Dethklock 12/1/2012 here in Austin. Black Dahlia Murder, All That Remains, and Machine Head opened for them. That was one of the heaviest shows I've been to. It was sweeeet!

Yeah there was another opening band before, I can't remember who they were now. Mastodon was the headliner.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

I missed the chance to see them this past year. They were playing here in Austin for the latest CD. Bet that would be a B!A show. Avatar is another one I'd like to see. Saw Ghost with A7X.... now THAT was a twisted sight! I'd like to see them again though.

I still rage play Dethklok in my car at 1000 watts and enjoy every minute of it with my continually fading hearing

I think the most motivating song out there (very dangerous in my car) is Laser Cannon Deth Sentence. I don't know why that song pumps me up so hard. Maybe it's the speed of the double base and the way it pairs with his guitar.

Damnit... Now I have to listen to it!

Those calves must be on FIYAH!

This guy is a genius!

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Born of evil, in a fiery volcano...

For those who care, Brendon has a degree from Berkley and tunes down to C. A very brutal tuning that I have come to really appreciate!

Me and my buddy do a yearly marathon of the show! Toki is the best, "I'z wantz to learnz how to playz guitar!" Oh hell, I like all the characters, even like David Lee Ro... er, the rock-n-roll clown!

If you have never seen the show, watch it through once. When time allows, put on the Closed Caption, and be prepared to LYAO at the lyrics you missed the first time through!

:rawk: (seriously, we need a "horns" emoticon!)

PS - Apparently Dethklock has mastered antigravity! lol!!

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 07:40 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

I had no idea he had an actual band that toured.. I thought Dethklok only existed in the cartoon.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: blackbeltjones

Another good one!

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat

I had no idea he had an actual band that toured.. I thought Dethklok only existed in the cartoon.

I thought it kinda weird when I heard about the tour but I had to see it for myself. It didn't seem right. When I saw the show, it was a sight!!! Wonderful show. Brendon Small is a serious badass!

The coolest thing about the whole show was that they had the Klokateers standing behind them with flash lights, 'illuminating them'. It was awesome. Let me dig up a pic. I was right up front!

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Short Story Board:

The back screen would often show snippets from the animated Dethklok in between sessions. Even Facebones would come up and talk to the crowd via the backdrop (notice the slaves.... ehem... Klokateers)

Klokateers pretty much did everything... Even tuned the gear before the show. Best prestage ever!

Met a cool chick!

But the best part....

I CAUGHT A PICK!!!!

Totally BRUTAL!

edit on 8-1-2019 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 10:43 PM
link   

:rawk:

(Seriously, we need a “horns” emoticon!)

top topics

join