It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millions Could Lose Food Assistance If Government Shutdown Continues

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev
Three days without food and Trump will defiantly have his National Emergency mandate to do as he wants. There will be major civil unrest all over the place.

By who? The people without food wont have the energy to protest..

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aallanon
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I have witnessed first hand people having babies to increase their "income".

I do not believe all welfare people fall into this category, just like I don't think they all arise from your terrible situation.

Yep, but just because you think, doesn't mean you are not a bigoted, mean class warfare racist that wants the kids to starve. That is always how they play it. You can't use logic with these types.

Are people going to go hungry over the shutdown? Probably not. Is the left going to show us some stories of people having to put back the cookies, chips and Pepsi? You bet!

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Trump just needs to say he will build the wall as national emergency and if anyone wants to stop it the shut down will remain. Let's see them handle that.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Let them eat cakes Trumps thinking on the matter.

Not like that gits going hungry.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Aallanon

I’m on food stamps and that’s ridiculous. I need them to survive and I only get enough to supplement my food supply, and that’s only if I spend the money wisely. I don’t know anyone on food stamps who buys food like you suggest. I think it’s just something you made up so you would feel better about disregarding the poor even though the Christian thing to do is help the poor.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I’m on food stamps and that’s ridiculous. I need them to survive and I only get enough to supplement my food supply, and that’s only if I spend the money wisely. I don’t know anyone on food stamps who buys food like you suggest. I think it’s just something you made up so you would feel better about disregarding the poor even though the Christian thing to do is help the poor.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I’m on food stamps and that’s ridiculous. I need them to survive and I only get enough to supplement my food supply, and that’s only if I spend the money wisely. I don’t know anyone on food stamps who buys food like you suggest. I think it’s just something you made up so you would feel better about disregarding the poor even though the Christian thing to do is help the p

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I’m on food stamps and that’s ridiculous. I need them to survive and I only get enough to supplement my food supply, and that’s only if I spend the money wisely. I don’t know anyone on food stamps who buys food like you suggest. I think it’s just something you made up so you would feel better about disregarding the poor even though the Christian thing to do is help the p

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

I will donate to food lockers and meals-on-wheels but let the shutdown continue/

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 11:18 PM
link   
anything huffpo is anti trump unamerican BS - it would be political suicide for people to starve - although many of my neighbors who are college age sitting at home smoking weed instead of finding a job may deserve to starve a little, it will never hit seniors or children.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll>>>> Maybe they won't tear apart the grocery store getting free groceries like they always do when the EBT cards come out at the first of the month. Maybe them going without for once might give them a little appreciation for who's paying for their food and housing. Don't like it? Here's an idea.... get a job.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Well if riots start that could ignite a greater conflict as the people are very polarized at the moment.

Take away the food and people start to fight to survive.

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join