It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WSJ Editorial Board Slams Trump For ‘Absurd Misstatement Of History’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Source via TPM

I thought this was an interesting bit of news today.

They call Trump’s mockery of other nations who fought alongside American troops in Afghanistan “slander,” noting the number of soldiers who died in the effort from the UK alone.

The board then targets Trump’s support of the Soviet Union’s presence in the country in the ’80s when he said they were “right to be there.”

“Right to be there?” the board writes with indignation. “We cannot recall a more absurd misstatement of history by an American President. The Soviet Union invaded Afghanistan with three divisions in December 1979 to prop up a fellow communist government.”

The President has been having these oddly specific comments that appear to be coming straight from Putin's United Russia party talking-points. He was strangely specific about Belarus, about Montenegro and now this made-up history of the USSR's involvement in Afghanistan. Why would the American president be saying these things?

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 08:20 PM
link   
What??? Russians???? Quick! Get Mueller on the case!!!

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

I don’t think this is just Trump it’s how the alt-right work they push revisionist history like it’s historical fact.

Meh.....to those of us who think critically and dont follow Trumps Twitter feed like it’s the gospel, we can see right through it.
edit on 4-1-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Have I got some great news for you!

Mueller grand jury extended for up to 6 months

Special counsel Robert Mueller's federal grand jury has been extended so it may continue to meet and vote on criminal indictments for up to six more months.

The grand jury's initial 18-month term was set to expire over the weekend.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Does any of this remind you of that old story "the emperors new clothes"?

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

The Mainstream News Media is further proving why they are an enemy of the people and how obsessed they are with Hillary/Trump.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 08:45 PM
link   

I'm sorry, did you think that scares us or Trump?

You trash your own thread with unrelated garbage, nice job.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I don’t think this is just Trump it’s how the alt-right work they push revisionist history like it’s historical fact.

Meh.....to those of us who think critically and dont follow Trumps Twitter feed like it’s the gospel, we can see right through it.
Yeah, I wouldn't pat yourself on the back, leftist have already proven to remove and destroy history, annotated and stated at fact.

Meh, I also wouldn't go that far and claim to think critically when your blinders are so large, you can't see anything beyond your own echo chamber.

Anyways, useless thread on more Russians, muah.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 08:51 PM
link   

It's related because Trump keeps sending signals that he's been compromised and being used by Putin to forward the Putin agenda, by parroting Putin's talking points. No one but Putin's administration is saying that Russia needed to invade Afghanistan for its national security. This is just one more example of Trump's complicit and compromised position.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

roflol 🐔

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 09:07 PM
link   

I think he talks out of his ass sometimes and says stupid s###.

But yours is way more entertaining.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

It's related because Trump keeps sending signals that he's been compromised and being used by Putin to forward the Putin agenda, by parroting Putin's talking points. No one but Putin's administration is saying that Russia needed to invade Afghanistan for its national security. This is just one more example of Trump's complicit and compromised position.

Just wow.

I know the majority of the left has already proven that they can't really seem to think for themselves, but your post in particular hit my funny bone.

So is there some DNC talking points channel that the left watches out of the thousands of channels out there?

I mean some daytime soap opera channel that entertains and brainwashes you at the same time?

Like..."The TDS Channel... all BS... all the time."

I bet it could take the last 74 viewers of CNN and wipe MSNBC off the map.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Is the "WSJ Editorial Board" and what they think, important to any of us?

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I think he talks out of his ass sometimes and says stupid s###.

But yours is way more entertaining.

Entertain yourself further!

Trump's Strange Familiarity with Kremlin Talking Points www.shakesville.com...

Donald Trump’s talking points on Crimea are the same as Vladimir Putin’s www.washingtonpost.com... 8ecea4775

Ex-CIA director suspects Trump repeated Putin’s anti-NATO talking points www.rawstory.com...

Ex-Russian Diplomat: Trump’s Anti-American Talking Points Come From Putin mavenroundtable.io...

If Trump is just "talking out of his ass", then why does his ass keep repeating Putin's talking points?

edit on 4-1-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Well, looks like we have two possibilities.

1. You're right and we have a Manchurian candidate who can't do much for Russia because of checks and balances.

2. With the internet and instant communication almost anything can be framed to look like a possibility.

I'm going with 2.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 09:31 PM
link   

From the first source:

Shakesville is run as a safe space. First-time commenters: Please read Shakesville's Commenting Policy and Feminism 101 Section before commenting. We also do lots of in-thread moderation, so we ask that everyone read the entirety of any thread before commenting, to ensure compliance with any in-thread moderation. Thank you.

Not to mention the further parroting of Msnbc.

Second source says that Trump would "have to see" when asked about his thought on Russia's annexation of Crimea. Then alludes to a comment about the same language being used within the country as a hearsay quote.

Is this the trash you read to inform yourself? As in all things, moderation is key. Try expanding your horizons. Else remain blind to the actual context and history.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Why not post the best and most convincing parts from those "articles" ?

Maybe because they don't say what you say they say eh 😂🚬

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

I keep asking, what has Trump done that benefitted Putin? Seriously.

Literally everything he has done, especially ramping up the oil industry and making OPEC keep prices low, has been detrimental to Putin and Russia.

Fill us in on these dastardly deeds that he is doing for Putin please.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

You're lazy excuse for dismissing documented information is tiresome. Go after the ball, not the player. Argue the content, not the source.

The evidence is clear. Trump is parroting Putin's talking points all over the place.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 09:53 PM
link   

I did. The sources are opinion and redundant.

Asking that you expand your horizons is a friendly gesture.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join