It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ocasio-Cortez suggests individual tax rates as high as 70%

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

This reminds me of how George Harrison wrote "Taxman" because he literally paid 90% income tax.

If little Ms "Superbrain" thinks rich people won't find a way to pay ZERO no matter how much they are SUPPOSED to pay, she's quite delusional.

But we are probably talking about arrested development in any case - "tippy tops" is not what I'd call adult language.

But I guess that's mansplaining. So sue me, beotch.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: GeechQuestInfo

Amazon moved to the location that gave them the best situation overall. I don't know what all went into that decision and neither do you. I do know a company does not have the same kind of preferences as a person... Amazon did not care about being close to entertainment, for instance, because Amazon has never and will never attend a Broadway show. You are trying to ascribe a human trait to a non-human entity.

Amazon is run by, and their decision to locate is made by, a Board of Directors who are only there for their profit.

Americans do leave the country, many for economic reasons. Poor folks don't move out of the country very much, since poor folks typically can't afford to move to another state, much less out of the country. Most are either retirees looking for exotic locations or people trying to find someplace where they can keep their money... which makes no sense unless they stand to save substantially more after the move than the cost of moving.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   
60 Minutes just started, if anyone wants to hear what she really says.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   
OK, interesting piece.

She did not state anything about us needing a 70% tax rate... she was using round figures as examples to explain progressive income tax. She covered a lot more though...

She is for the Green movement... her campaign was apparently grassroots financed on that platform. She has refused donations from corporate PACs. She has taken a healthy dose of the leftist Koolaid... she does think Trump is a "racist" and that he is somehow unqualified to be President.

She speaks well, and makes some good points, but her programs are unnecessary and overly expensive/ambitious for minimal gain. She also thinks she is smarter than she is. In other words, another typical leftist politician.

Yawn.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Hot damn!

I always wanted to pay 70% of my income to the state.

I mean what the eff do I need money for.

Except food,clothes,a roof over my head, and the basic necessities.

Where to I sign up to become a SLAVE?

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
I'm not sure raising taxes back up to 70% would do anything about this which is the real problem:

The real problem is the fact that there are actually people who not only believe that a tax rate above 10% - much less 70% - on a persons life is even remotely Constitutional, but that it is something that should even be considered.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join