It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Crash is finally here.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Yes agreed, real silver has a nice ring to it .

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

All I hear is REEEEEEEEEEE!

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   
"The Crash"

Yeah, ok.

What people think is happening: The government and panicky investors made bad decisions and now everyone is paying for it.

What is really happening: Foreign treasuries and large share foreign investors, in an attempt to subvert US trade dominance have been preparing a large siphoning out of US bond and share investments. As larger economies of scale emerge, viable markets for conversion exist. Those foreign entities are cashing out all of their old US investments and not renewing. This causes instantaneous market sags, but they are forced. As one smart guy gets rich, ten dumb guys do too.

In a minor amount of time, I expect some heavy reinvestment, because most of the companies people WANT to invest in, as soon as they "make it" are all US companies. Chill, this will fix itself.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   
The recent rise in stock prices were because of corporate stock buybacks, which resulted from the Trump tax cuts. This was only a short term fix. Now that the Fed has a surplus of interest rates, it gives them something to lower to stimulate borrowing.
edit on 3-1-2019 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Closed 22,686.22

Reads the same forward or back.

Coincidental?

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
Dang it!

I need the crash to hold off until spring, when the steer/cow/bull, whatever you call it gets butchered.
Then I will have plenty to eat, so I wont care. LOL

Seriously though, I don't know much about the market and such, but I don't think there is much cause for concern, yet, is there?

We just got our side of beef and have our pantry pretty stocked. Two or three deer keep coming to our back patio door looking for potatoes and carrots, they eat about four pounds a day. We have a mother with it's fawn and another bigger fawn who's mother got hit by a car down the road, the mother of the orphan was a huge doe. The other young one hangs around with this doe and it's young one but the doe will not let the other deer eat too much of the potatoes so it is more of a wild diet deer eating branches and stuff like that. Maybe when it learns to fend for itself in the wild she will allow it to join in eating with them. .

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 01:46 AM
link   
www.marketwatch.com/story/man-who-called-dow-20000-says-if-we-avoid-a-recession-were-going-to-have-a-really-good-stock-market-2019-01-02

www.marketwatch.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
a reply to: anonentity

Doesn't the market take a beating every time the Democrats get some power?

Yep sure buddy its the voters that cause all the problems, these damn votes make all the mess...

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 02:16 AM
link   

The stock market generally performs better under Democrat presidents.

Which is not to say that is caused by the President.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 07:17 AM
link   
i'm still waiting for the real action to start... I have no FAANG Stocks or high tech, bubble priced stocks that are almost 100% of the 3000 point losses thus far experienced...the fistful of Defense Industry stocks are also around ~15% down in price-- but that is not ~crash~ territory

alas, just more of the same elusive 'crash' that amounts to just a 'wimper' instead of the Major Paradigm Shift we all awaited...

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   
follow up

www.youtube.com...

no places of Safety

the 7 minute mark suggests today or soon will be a 1k rally but with a resulting 3000 point drop in the weeks to follow

take a pause guys

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: eManym
The recent rise in stock prices were because of corporate stock buybacks, which resulted from the Trump tax cuts. This was only a short term fix. Now that the Fed has a surplus of interest rates, it gives them something to lower to stimulate borrowing.

When the Fed starts buying up all the bad debt again and banks start lending the market will rebound

Not what we want though. We want the assets in this country to deflate even though it will rock the markets and have things come back down to a more realistic valuation

That's how you fix the inflation problem

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio

i'm still waiting for the real action to start... I have no FAANG Stocks or high tech, bubble priced stocks that are almost 100% of the 3000 point losses thus far experienced...the fistful of Defense Industry stocks are also around ~15% down in price-- but that is not ~crash~ territory

alas, just more of the same elusive 'crash' that amounts to just a 'wimper' instead of the Major Paradigm Shift we all awaited...

If Apple is needing to reevaluate so are other companies

Its not just Apple

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

This is looking like the dot com crash of the late 90s. Tech giants are getting eviscerated and they have nothing but their own hubris to blame for it. Apple, Google, Facebook, Amazon, Netflix... all companies that could easily go the same route as past titans like Netscape, IBM, Yahoo, Myspace, and AOL.

Shame on them for assuming we wouldn't be starting a trade war with China!!!!!!one!!!eleventy!!!!!

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Yeah Jerome Powell dovish on interest rates now

It really bugs the # out of me that the Fed is centrally controlling the economy

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

Shame on them for assuming the multinational most valuable companies in the world should continue to be the sole beneficiaries of open trade deals that screwed most of the US's domestic producing companies. We have a trade war because the previous system built the 1% of 1% fiasco the left is so fond of lambasting.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   

The Dems have had a majority for such a short time. Wouldn't it be more applicable to the economic management over two years by a certain other party (who even made the ridiculous claim that he had turned the economy around after his election but before he took office).

My guess is that you have to actually know what you are doing in regard to economic governance.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   
The Democrats have nothing to do with it give me a break

The Fed coming out dovish on interest rate hikes is what the markets are reacting to

Everyone know people have to have easier access to more debt in order for the economy not to crash

They need to raise rates and let asset values normalize or this train is going off the tracks

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

It's mildly entertaining though watching Trump supporters carry on saying the economy is doing so well and as soon as it looks like its not they blame democrats..

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Archivalist
"The Crash"

Yeah, ok.

What people think is happening: The government and panicky investors made bad decisions and now everyone is paying for it.

What is really happening: Foreign treasuries and large share foreign investors, in an attempt to subvert US trade dominance have been preparing a large siphoning out of US bond and share investments. As larger economies of scale emerge, viable markets for conversion exist. Those foreign entities are cashing out all of their old US investments and not renewing. This causes instantaneous market sags, but they are forced. As one smart guy gets rich, ten dumb guys do too.

In a minor amount of time, I expect some heavy reinvestment, because most of the companies people WANT to invest in, as soon as they "make it" are all US companies. Chill, this will fix itself.

No one has an .mp3 player, mobile 'phone or tablet before they are invented. After they are invented, there is a rapid uptake. After that, everyone has one and so the sales drop off.

If an innovative company ceases to innovate at the same rate, its initial burst in business will die down. It is inevitable. The only way to continue sales is to devalue the stock, which means that the profitability of the company must suffer as production costs eat into margins.

Look at the stocks that are struggling.

Do you think they are going to return to previous levels?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join