It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apple stock crashing, cuts revenue guidance

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   
So I made a thread earlier in 2018 about what I see as a major economic indicator for the future, Apple.

Apple stock slides Nov 2018

Ok. When people have money they have the most up to date phones. This is indicating to me that people are starting to feel the inflation squeeze and lack of real wage growth which is the housing market is going to continue it's slide.

Now again Apple is getting hit hard.

NYTimes Apple cuts revenue forecast

SAN FRANCISCO — A significant sales slowdown in China, partly fueled by trade tensions with the United States, has forced Apple to reduce revenue expectations for its most recent quarter.

The company said Wednesday that it expected revenue of about $84 billion in the quarter that ended Saturday, down from a previous estimate of $89 billion to $93 billion. That would be a nearly 5 percent decline from the same quarter a year ago.

Apple is blaming trade negotiation's with China but I believe it has to do with the Chinese market slowing down.

China weak growth, lowest growth rate since 2009

BEIJING—China’s economic expansion slowed to its weakest pace since the financial crisis, as top financial regulators launched an extraordinary coordinated effort to calm jittery investors.

Now back to Tim Cook's statement in the NYTimes article...

“While we anticipated some challenges in key emerging markets, we did not foresee the magnitude of the economic deceleration, particularly in greater China,” Apple’s chief executive, Timothy D. Cook, said in a letter to investors. “We believe the economic environment in China has been further impacted by rising trade tensions with the United States.”

Now, I stand by my assertion that inflation from low interest rates and stagnant wage growth has lead us to an economy where people can no longer afford to participate in the consumer market in the same way that they were prior to 2008.

Google, Apple futures

Man, lucky those with put options on Apple. Anyway... expect the volatility and market chaos to continue in 2019. There's going to be fundamental changes to how our economy is currently functioning for this to change. No more bandaids. The Fed and central banks have to stop playing daddy to all the failed venture capitalist who get bailouts.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Why would Chinese continue to buy Apple products when they've stolen the tech and are making their own products with it?

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

who, what, where?

can you show me?

until you can show me what's happening in China's tech sector related to this technology my data that I am looking at stands
edit on 2-1-2019 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Well good for you.

link   
Poor Apple.
The Chinese market is tanking on them.
Hopefully they go bust so we don't have to put up with any more of their cheaply made, low quality, overpriced technology.
edit on 2/1/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Pre-market data

Pre market data is bad already.

Spy

Markets are going to react to this, I think we saw the dead cat bounce last week with the 1000 pt increase.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Well good for you.

it is good for me because unless you can actually provide some information to back your point of view it's just word salad

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Poor Apple.
Hopefully they go bust so we don't have to put up with any more of their cheaply made, low quality, overpriced technology.

I actually agree with you that it's overpriced crap but Apple is a brand that people follow like a religion

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   

China’s young, middle-class consumers are increasingly willing, analysts say, to try phones from the many competitors — including Huawei, Meizu and Xiaomi — that seek to compete with Apple on technical specifications and aesthetics but that offer their models at a few hundred dollars cheaper.

Many customers like Mr. Yu, who is 29 and self-employed, consider the phone they use part of their personal identity, leading them to look at a broad range of available models. That being the case, Apple will have to fight to maintain its dominance of the high end of the market.

www.nytimes.com...

Apple is losing its appeal.

And this article is from 2016....

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   
The tech giants can't fall fast enough.

Corporate oligarchy is the worst thing that happened to the modern world.

link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

originally posted by: UKTruth
Poor Apple.

I actually agree with you that it's overpriced crap but Apple is a brand that people follow like a religion

Even better if it tanks, then.

link   
a reply to: UKTruth

It's not just Apple that's falling.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   

It's not just Apple that's falling.

Good.
Utopia is but a 75% decline away.
It's amazing how people pull together in troubled times - I mean really troubled times, not worrying about gender classification or who the President is.
We need a really severe depression or another world war. Either would bring some character back into the world.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   

our entire economy needs reorganization it's totally wacked out, actually our entire culture does. there's going to be some major changes coming up in the next few years and it will be a bumpy ride but in the end it will be good

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   

our entire economy needs reorganization it's totally wacked out, actually our entire culture does. there's going to be some major changes coming up in the next few years and it will be a bumpy ride but in the end it will be good

Exactly.
The last 2 years has shown me that there are no band aids to be had.
Rip it up and start again is the only way.
The key is to have no fear and help thy neighbour.

Quick tip - Buy food.
edit on 2/1/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   

yup, this may be the beginning of the tech bubble popping

I think we will see banking regulations and the Green New Deal on the table this year

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I heard this on the news on my way home from work. I found it funny how It was done after the closing bell. Trying to take the sting out that is about to happen to Apple stock.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

oh this is going to take the sting out of the market period, even if it's only temporary

Apple has a broad base of manufacturers that make all its products, chips everything
edit on 2-1-2019 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Funny how this "news" about poor revenues for Apple came out immediately after the closing bell...

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

I've been home studying all day so I watched the market closely. Even before this announcement the markets were struggling to stay positive

it start out WAY in the red, then oil brought it back and it was really struggling to stay positive

tomorrow might be a bloodbath unless you have put option calls

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join