It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So what is the deal with almond butter?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   
holy hell.
let me say i love almonds. i get those 6 ounce cans all the time. smokehouse and thai chilli yo.

anyway we decided to break down at Sams and spend the 8 bucks on the giant mondo tub of almond butter cause hey, its almond butter. i eat 10lbs of almonds a week. its going to be awesome.

it wasnt

as soon as we opened it it like a nice little layer of actual oil on the top that i had to mix up. not used to doing that.

then

if you want to know what the desert tastes like then try almond butter.
dude 1 big rip off the spoon when i opened it and it was like instant dehydration in the mouth.

cool. done with that. wife thinks its ok so whatev

can someone please tell me how/why the outside of the jar and the lid is all oily and #?
we didnt rub the butter around the outside. its all in the jar.
but there is a film on the outside too

the jar is sitting on a paper towel. you can see the oil on the paper towel.
wtf is going on?

tell you what.
keep your almond butter garbage i say.
give me the OG triple OG peanut butter and it had better not be that crunchy #

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I'm allergic to almonds so I'm glad I'm not missing out.

Your post made me LOL. It really is like eight whole dollars at Sam's.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Try cashew butter, it's better and not that "Sahara in your mouth" feeling. However, having said that, I love me an almond butter and apple jelly sammich.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: headorheart

I'm allergic to almonds so I'm glad I'm not missing out.

Your post made me LOL. It really is like eight whole dollars at Sam's.

its 9 whole dollars at Sams

www.samsclub.com... =g&wl2=c&wl3=271090260697&wl4=pla-296845529184&wl5=9015260&wl6=&wl7=&wl9=pla&wl10=1247713&wl11=online&wl12=[productid]&wl13=&wl15=55866820792&wl17=1o1 &veh=sem&kclid=d2f07d34-d31f-4f68-916e-504b66257b2a&gclid=Cj0KCQiA37HhBRC8ARIsAPWoO0w_HMC5lsg1qTRYpQj26JFa_HK4UhVcDEAdjES6jWvefDZsvfPWofQaAvJYEALw_wcB

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   

If it's dry, throw it on bread, put hunny or jam, fry in a pan with butter like a grilled cheese.

You're welcome.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: IanForge
Try cashew butter, it's better and not that "Sahara in your mouth" feeling. However, having said that, I love me an almond butter and apple jelly sammich.

i dont know if i feel comfortable risking it.

i eat a gang of cashews every week too.

apple jelly?
are you sure you dont mean apple butter?

have you tried apple butter?
if not i suggest you do. ditch that jelly crap

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

If it's dry, throw it on bread, put hunny or jam, fry in a pan with butter like a grilled cheese.

You're welcome.

and what to do about the film in, on and around the jar?

dry bread is going to help dry almond butter go down by eating hole better?

i dont know man.
i think youre #ing with me trying to get me to choke and #

hahahahahhaah

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   
First off, you will get the oil with any natural nut butter, even natural peanut butter. What you do is put the tub or jar upside down when you aren't using it. The oil will rise to the top (bottom). Then, when you get ready to use it, flip it over and open just before. The oil will take some time working its way to the top of the tub or jar and in the meantime, you get what you need. Then you stir it up when you get to the bottom of the tub or jar.

Second, natural nut butters have no added sugar in them, so they aren't going to pop with the sweet flavor you expect. They're just nuts, usually roasted, that have been ground up, maybe some added salt. You can actually make your own peanut butter if you shell up enough roasted ones and grind them up in a food processor fine enough. And they will all have that mouth feel to a certain extent.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
First off, you will get the oil with any natural nut butter, even natural peanut butter. What you do is put the tub or jar upside down when you aren't using it. The oil will rise to the top (bottom). Then, when you get ready to use it, flip it over and open just before. The oil will take some time working its way to the top of the tub or jar and in the meantime, you get what you need. Then you stir it up when you get to the bottom of the tub or jar.

well that makes sense.

and what is the deal with the outside of the jar being greasy?

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I'm vegan, and I find almonds to bit bland overall. Almond butter and almond milk just don't taste good to me. Coconut milk and peanut butter are rock-solid additions to my diet.

On the other hand, if you can afford more expensive stuff, there is a wealth of buttery nuts out there. Sunflower butter wasn't too bad.

Good luck getting your nutty butter on.
edit on 2-1-2019 by SilentSaturn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Almond butter is good, I like it.

But I know what you mean. I won't get any of those jars of "all natural" nut butters with the inch of oil on top. I just don't like it. I takes 20 minutes to mix it up right too.

Best bet is to look for the nut grinder at the grocery store. Just dump in the almonds and grind them yourself. No oily mess.

Woman I was seeing before was crazy about almond butter.
Funny story, we were busy in the other room one day and shut her cat in the kitchen so she wouldn't bother us. Cat got into the almond butter and ate the whole tub, like 1/2 a fricken pound.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   

The oil. It tends to get all over the place.

We don't use anything other than natural peanut butter. It's just one more source of added sugar we can cut out.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Dont buy it, learn to make your own, you may enjoy it that way...

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Rather than let that $9 go to waste, find a recipe for peanut butter cookies and substitute with the almond butter?

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

The oil. It tends to get all over the place.

We don't use anything other than natural peanut butter. It's just one more source of added sugar we can cut out.

i guess it is a rhetorical question cause i know it is the oil.

but the jar is sealed. we dont get it everywhere yet it is all greasy on the outside.

wasnt greasy at the store.

i dont get it

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Some have thicker texture than others, so that's why I said put honey or jam on bread.
Frying in butter melts it too making it thinner.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   
It isn't 'butter'...it is some kind of non-dairy alternative regardless of how they attempt to brand it to consumers. I like almonds and I like REAL butter. Let's keep them separated where they belong. It is just more BS from the food industry that likes to pretend that almond 'milk' is actually milk.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
It isn't 'butter'...it is some kind of non-dairy alternative regardless of how they attempt to brand it to consumers. I like almonds and I like REAL butter. Let's keep them separated where they belong. It is just more BS from the food industry that likes to pretend that almond 'milk' is actually milk.

Everyone knows what they mean and the ingredients are on the back.

Simmer down there killer.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I love nuts, being a rodent it is in my DNA and I must constantly gnaw on things to keep my teeth from growing to the point where they poke my eyeballs out. My current go-to for smooshed nuts is Jem Raw Organic Sprouted Almond Cashew Butter.

It is AMAZING, yes, it has the oil, but stir it up and LICK the spoon!

PRODUCT PAGE
edit on 122019 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Not to mention that it's a pain in the butt to make. First you have to milk the almonds:

Then you have to churn it. No thanks.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join