It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings from an Unabashed Liberal

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Hey..new here. First, yes, I am a Liberal. Unashamedly so. In fact, I'm probably the single most liberal human being you'll ever meet, up to and including that YouTube guy crying about double rainbows. Be warned. I'm also the single weirdest human being you'll ever meet, and yes, the two are related. I'm also Catholic, married, not-straight ( the word is bisexual hah hah), American (not my fault, I swear)and a fan of long sentences. I also believe strongly in research, evidence, facts, and anything that makes Lying Donnie Trump Go To Jail, Go Directly to Jail, Don Not Pass Go, Do Not Build a ^%^#$$% Wall. I believe in the possibility of extraterrestrial life ( have you actually seen Lil Wayne? Dude ain't from 'round here.), I believe government does lie to us ( LDT's twitter) and I also firmly believe that the best defense against stupidity is education, activism and rerolling the very concept of the GOP. Yes, if you haven't picked up on it yet, I can be lil caustic/combative, but that's mainly due a lack of empirical evidence of current lawmakers possessing any of the three items searched for in the Wizard of Oz - brains, heart or good showtunes. man, those guys need work.

I also believe in finding points of commonality, unification, being kind, and beer. Lots of beer. Feel free to ply me with it, it worked for my wife. Seriously, politics and related silliness aside, we are more alike than different...well, except maybe that Tribble spy disguised as Donnie's hairpice.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: IanForge

Welcome from a fellow liberal!

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   

You’re Catholic, married AND bisexual ?
Doesn’t sound like the Catholic religion to me. Sorry , but sounds like some crazy liberal partner swapping crap.

Oh , I know the leaders of the Catholic Church don’t set a great example when it comes to sexual sin, but at least they don’t outwardly try and sell it as ok to indulge in.

Anyhoo, welcome to ATS.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Welcome IanForge. You mentioned a couple of plausible reasons for joining ATS, I am more curious of that than your possible political/sexuality trolling though...

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Ummm...you poor...poor...thing...

Awash in your hubris...let me welcome you...dripping...to the floor...

How much original thought might we expect from such an one...?

YouSir

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Who said anything about partner swapping? I'm in a committed, monogamous relationship. I just don't happen to be 100% AC. Doesn't mean I'm gonna go out and bang every warm-blooded homo sapien I meet, lol. And thanks for the welcome.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I, too, like beer.

Welcome

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: IanForge

Who said anything about partner swapping? I'm in a committed, monogamous relationship. I just don't happen to be 100% AC. Doesn't mean I'm gonna go out and bang every warm-blooded homo sapien I meet, lol. And thanks for the welcome.

Well I’m happy you straightened that out. Not sure why you would even mention your Catholic and bisexual in one sentence though. The two don’t go together well.🤷🏻‍♀️

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Nothing wrong with being liberal, just like there's nothing wrong with being conservative. Be careful though, when you label yourself as liberal or conservative, you tend to Paint yourself in a corner sometimes. That's why I'm an independent, I can want a green new deal and fight for the right to own guns, I can vote Libertarian or Green party. I'm free to do whatever I please and vote for whomever and whatever I want.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   
You sound about as Catholic as the Pope.

Congratulations. Hypocrisy abounds on ATS. You'll fit right in.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Welcome. Enjoy the place.

Don’t pigeon hole yourself (ahem). Two sided thinking is an illusion. It’s a tool of control. Right vs left. Black vs white. It kills analytical thought.

Beer is good though, there’s no doubt about that.

Edit: actually bugger it. Be whoever you want to be!
edit on 2-1-2019 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   

I am a liberal as well. Maybe not quite as much so as yourself. I do think Don the Con, has an indictment, with his name on it. There are 12 sealed indictments already in the Washington Courts.

His use of the trump foundation not being one of them yet. So much for his "Charity".

link   

I am a liberal as well. Maybe not quite as much so as yourself. I do think Don the Con, has an indictment, with his name on it. There are 12 sealed indictments already in the Washington Courts.

His use of the trump foundation not being one of them yet. So much for his "Charity".

link   

I mention the two in the same sentence for the exact same reason I tell people I'm an Beatles fan who doesn't like McCartney : it confuses and creates thought. I don't really care for arbitrary labels, and I do what I can to blur the edges to the point where their very existence is meaningless. Those two labels happen to be an intrinsic part of who I am. My duty is to both be true to those aspects of being and challenge assumptions both labels bring with them. Christ didn't call just one select group of people, just as the LGBTQ+ community isn't comprised of people with one select political or religious opinion. I call, honestly and peacefully, for not necessarily change, per se, but at least debate on both. Reasonable discussion, one might say.

AS for trolling, I sincerely, honestly and fervently swear on my copy ofHarry Potter and the Deathly Hallows that there will be no trolling, with the possible exception of an example of stupidity so mind staggering even Pauly Shore is appalled.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I care less about liberalism vs capitalism or conservatism and more about the actual content of your post

good luck!

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   
At least you aren’t a vegan. They’re the worst.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   

No, it doesn't really.

If you don't care for arbitrary labels, what are you doing calling yourself liberal, then?

Christ ministered to sinners. I believe he said as much although this is neither the time nor place to chase that reference down, but we're all sinners, so welcome to the party.

Of course the LGBT+WhateverOtherLettersWe'reAddingThisWeek crowd has diversity of opinion. Don't look now, but some of them are even conservative although they often get burned at the stake for being heretics.

As for change, give up on that. No one here is changing anyone else's mind, understand that one thing, and we can all have a discussion about where we're each coming from and why and maybe learn to understand each other just a bit better.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Yeah, my wife and I have a weekly game of "Spot the Vegan."

She's ahead by 213 points.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   

151 oops .. you sure you are for real bro?
/404

top topics

<<   2 >>

join